Metro PCS / poor customer service/failure to call back on service request logged

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1.888.863.8768

Metropcs wireless, inc.
Po box 601119
Dallas, tx 75360

Metro pcs sucks. I bought my phone a month ago. the texting has never worked. I contacted them and logged a service request, and never got a call back. I called them again today and they told me it would be fixed within 24 to 72 hours and that it was a known issue. I told them it obviously was a known issue a month ago, but they didn't do anything about it then, and never called me back.

I also was speaking with people in I believe costa rica, whose english wasn't that great. when I did reach someone from their customer service department whose first language was english, he was curt and disrespectful.
If the company I work for were to not respond to service requests, we would be out of business. when my company doesn’t respond accordingly or has an unhappy customer, the customer is provided with a credit. the very least metro pcs could do is credit a month of service, all services, for the trouble I have had.

This is my first month with metro pcs, and this has been a very very poor experience.in addition, metro gives you no discounts on phones… so the usual rant which you can receive from sprint, at&t and others for $50.00 (after rebates) will cost you $200.00. do not go with metro pcs, you will get better service from other carriers. the better service is worth the extra $10.00 a month you might pay with another company.

Comments

28th of Jan, 2009

I TOO AM AT WITS END WITH METRO. I SWITCHED PHONES AND HAD THEM FLASH A NEW ONE. MY TEXT MESSAGES ARE ONLY WORKING TO OTHER METRO PCS USERS. WELL CONSIDERING THATS ONLY 3 OUT OF ABOUT 100 CONTACTS THAT CREATES A PROBLEM. WELL AFTER 3 SOFT RESETS AND A MAJOR REST THAT TOOK 24-72 HOURS STILL, YOU GUESSED IT NOT WORKING. THE ONE WAY CAN YOU CAN TALK TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT IS TELL THE AUTOMATED PHONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACTIVATE A PHONE. GO FIGURE IF IT IS MAKING MONEY, LIKE A NEW CUSTOMER, PRESTO THEY ANSWER. HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THE SAME THING. SO AFTER ABOUT 5 HOURS I GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER FROM WILL ID# 26657. HE SAID THE METRO DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY TEXT MESSAGES TO NON METRO USERS. AWESOME, I WONDER WHY THEY DON'T ADVERTISE THAT ON THEIR T.V. COMMERCIALS. WHAT A JOKE. TO SAVE MONEY IS TO GET CRAPPY SERVICE.