Metro Factory Service / Bad service

Metro Factory Service is the only authorized Frigidaire repair company near Washington, DC. Perhaps their location in New Jersey is why they have proven to have such inept service. When I made the appointment, the process was clear: they would establish the day of the appointment, then call the night before to verify the 3hour window when they'd arrive. When they called on Monday night for Tuesday's appointment, I was informed that they didn't actually have any appointments that day. I rescheduled for Friday. Come Thursday night they left a message verifying that someone would come, but failed to provide a time window. The message indicated that a follow-up call would be made in the morning, and that the appointment time could be verified online. I sat home on Friday.

There was no verification call in the morning. Entering my confirmation number on the website did not provide a time. I called the main line seven times and was never put through to a representative. The "Contact Us" feature on the website did not work. I waited.

When I finally reached a representative at 4pm, I was told that the repairman had showed up, but found no one home and that no one answered either number they had been provided. Since I was sitting on my couch next to the front door all day, I am certain no one knocked. Nor is there any message or missed call at either of the numbers he allegedly called. My insistence that he return and fulfill his appointment was denied.

When I asked to speak to a manager, I was transferred to a full mailbox and disconnected.

The incompetence of their service representatives, combined with the outright and unabashed lie about showing up, and the disrespect given to me are three very good reasons I will never use this service again.

Nor should anyone else.

Ro

Comments

• De
      22nd of Sep, 2007
    Metro Factory Service - Poor service!

Six weeks ago, Metro Factory Service came to repair my KitchenAid refrigerator. The technician said the problem was a defrost timer, which he replaced. The refrigerator worked for a short time, becoming gradually warmer in recent days. I called Metro Factory Service, only to be told that their first available date was Oct. 9 (nearly 3 weeks from now) and that I would need to pay their $125 starting rate, even though they had done their repair in August. fortunately, I found a local repair person who discovered that Metro Factory had installed a bad timer, and had failed to replace the thermostat which is also not working. In my opinion, Metro Factory Service has been unresponsive and unprofessional.

• Va
      19th of Jun, 2008
    Metro Factory Service - No customer service
    www.metrofactoryservice.com

I have also had the displeasure of trying to deal with this "so called service provider". The people answering the phones (if you ever actually get through) lie and lie and lie!! The so called manager Stella promises you the world and when you call back with a problem she denies ever talking to you. Ask for a manager and all you get is someone’s full mailbox. What a sad state of affairs when you call your major manufacturer for service and this is what you get. When you finally do get a good tech to come out, you have to hope and pray he has the part with him because the techs don’t stay around with this company long enough to come back. I hope the manufacturers actually listen to our concerns and drop these Bozos as providers.

• Va
      30th of Jun, 2008
    Metro Factory Service - Very poor customer service
    www.metrofactoryservice.com

This company sent a tech to repair my $1500.00 range that is just over a year old to replace an ignitron. Well he replaced the ignitron and left me with one workable burner. He made a complete mess of my range. I have called, and called and have got one story after another. The office manager Stella she a joke. The customer service motto must be "Let the phone ring" and if you do answer use "The Lie List" to get them off the phone. If they do answer, they tell you nothing but lie after lie. They need to rethink the way the customer service department is run and replace Stella and whoever hired her.

30th of Jul, 2008

This is a worthless company that PC Richards uses because once they have your money they dont care.They lie left and right.It took 8 days just to get a repairman out and 2 weeks later it is still not fixed.Boycott PC Richards

• Rr
      29th of Aug, 2008

Not impressed--Kitchen Aid/Whirlpool recommends this service provider. The repairperson charged me 150$ for a "diagnostic, " then told me it would cost another 200$ for parts to fix the microwave (while suggesting it might be better to buy a new microwave). I gave up and bought a new microwave. I just wished I hadn't thrown away my money on the "repairperson."

• Ba
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Metro Factory Service - Bad Business
    JBW
    New York

I got the name of these people from Best Buy in my town. They use them for service and repairs. Everything went smoothly at first, quick appointment time, three hour technician visit window (Cable installers sometimes use 6-8 hour windows) and prompt calls and alerts concerning the in-home visit.
    The technician did not have the part on the truck and had to order it. The next visit was a week later, another 3 hour window out of my work day, no one had examined the part before the technician was sent out... turns out the part was broken. Now I have to have another 3 hour window taken out of my work day to have these people come and do this all over again.
    They charged me $43.00 for the part yet when I looked online at parts stores the price including shipping was almost half Metro's quoted price. A pure rip-off.
    The only thing I can say in their favor is in New York City most technicians charge a visit fee of around $90.00 and then charge labor and parts on top of that. Some repair shops even go so far as to say the technician will give an estimate as to the cost upon his or her initial visit as well as charging the visit itself. They have you over a barrel.
    Metro charges $154.95 which covers ALL labor no matter how many times they come back. But as I said, they nail you on the parts for the extra cash.

• Ka
      28th of Oct, 2009
    Metro Factory Service - Fail to bring parts
    Metro Factory Service

I called to repair a dryer that would not get hot told them make, model and serial number it took 4 days for them to come and then told me it would be another 10 days to get the part you would think with all the info they had and this is supposed to be a good company they did nothing A company this good can't afford to carry parts they need to do their jobs, never will be called again. Reported lousy service to retail store and was told they will refer people to other repair services in the area.

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2009

This company just stinks. It's been 5 weeks without a washer & who knew the washer was my best friend until she died. It began just b4 Thanksgiving, a week later Metro came out and diagnosed the motor needed to be replaced. Washer is only 3 years old; told me they would have the part delivered to Jonathan's truck and call the day before to determine AM or PM appt; Metro called and asked me if I had the part yet, WTF!?! I called, spoke to Stella--can you say, "ding bat, " Never acknowledged what the tech said, told me to read my contract; I just a have a receipt that says I paid 4 the extended warranty; Spoke 2 Loew's rep, who sent the new motor via fed ex, next day to Metro. Metro can't come out to install it for 2 more weeks; Week 4 Metro comes out to install the part and guess what, the part is busted, WTF!?! It's Friday morning, I call Loews and they will call me back in 24 hours, WTF!?! Expecting a snow storm tomorrow; my plans were to wash all the clothes, comforters, sheets all day; guess I'll be going to the laundry mat again. What happened to the bored Maytag guy that had nothing to do. Do yourself a favor, don't bother buying the extended warranty; don't bother buying whirlpool products. Joe's repair shop could have fixed this sooner. I am just pissed and washerless.

• Ha
      21st of Jan, 2010

I had very bad experience with their technician who is serving Edison NJ area.

First, he did not know how to handle factory warranty for Jenn-Air range.

Second, he was very rude and did not even allow my wife watching his doing when he was replacing the control panel for my 4 years old Jann-Air range in my house.

Third, two of the knobs could not be turned freely after replacing the control panel. Then, I found he even did not put all the screws back on to the range, which he unscrewed for replacing the control panel.

Here is their web site.

• On
      17th of Apr, 2010

I hired this company to repair my refrigerator which was leaking. The repair man said he "immediately" noticed the problem, and simply poured hot water in my refrigerator to "repair" it. The problem was NOT repaired. The two weeks following the "repair", my refrigerator continued to leak through the floor of my kitchen ---and through the ceiling in my basement. Because the leak was behind the refrigerator now, we did not notice the leak UNTIL my basement ceiling caved in! The "repair" was under Metro's 30 day warranty. The company only has one service person who works in my area, so they insist on sending the same incompetent man to repair the leak, and they refuse to take responsibility for the damage to my basement -- even though it was a direct result of the un-fixed leaky refrigerator.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE LIMITED SERVICE PEOPLE AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU, AND THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR SO-CALLED "WARRANTY."

I have no choice but to bring them to court to hold them accountable for the $2, 000 worth of damage to my basement.

• Me
      10th of Oct, 2010

I cannot express enough how bad experience I have with metro factory services are. I don't understand how they can be the preferred service company for appliances manufacturers. Next time, I won't buy any appliances if MFS is the preffered service company!

To summarize, for the past 5 appointments

1) the technician didn't show up for 3 out of 5 times

2) the technician who did show up made the diagnosis (and ordered parts) before he checked the appliance (he didn't check it at all)

3) He asked cash for service fee and said there would be not reciept

4) After the parts came, the technician just put the parts on, didn't check (even if he was asked to) and make sure the applicance is working properly

So here I am, just being notified that the technician cannot make the appointment. I wish I could have chosen another service company