Metro Coffee Roasters/ Belleza Coffee / Scam, taking funds out of credit card accounts

Metro Coffee Roasters aka Peel Inc
I have the exact complaint as the other person. I ordered the initial coffee because it seemed to be a good price. Once that first $25 was charged, within a week $38.95 was charged and within a couple of days another $38.95 was charged. When I called the company, I got the "Did you realize you had signed up for a membership" question. I responded that, no I did not realize it was a membership. I also asked how often is the membership fee supposed to be charged, she responded weekly. I told her that I was charged twice in one week and that I want this so called membership canceled! She SAID she was canceling the membership and any coffee I received to refuse acceptance of it and they would THEN refund the money charged. She claimed that there were in fact, 2 shipments of coffee already in transit which is why I was charged two payment of $38.95. I asked her, how much coffee do they think consumers drink that they would need 4 - 16 ounce packages of coffee per week! Well I ONLY received one delivery of the coffee which I promptly returned. There was no refund on my account, but what was there was yet another $38.95 charge, RECORDED ON THE SAME DAY THAT I CALLED TO COMPLAIN AND CANCEL THIS SCAM MEMBERSHIP. When I called back, I got the same story... my refund is in process and my membership was canceled. I contacted the BBB and reported this company, which is what I recommend any other victim of this scam to do. FIRST, close down that credit card account to prevent any other charges. SECOND, contact the BBB online and register a complaint. You wouldn't believe how fast this company responded and issued not only the 3 - $38.95 charges, but also the initial $25 charge. I eventually responded that the issue was resolved, but gave a FULL AND COMPLETE write up of the entire situation!

N  1st of Apr, 2009 by
Dear Shelly,

I apologize for the problems you experienced with my company, Seattle Coffee Direct. If you have any further concerns, please contact customer service at 888-217-CAFE. For further clarification of our policies, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Rebecca Ramirez
Director of Customer Service
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
I'm just disgusted that they are ripping so many people off (including me!)... I actually contacted my local FBI office and they told me that unauthorized charges to your credit card IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD and is handled by the United States Secret Service Agency! I've already left a message with them and I will be filing a complaint and making them aware of Peel, Inc. Please do the same... Together we can expose this company!

Also, here is the form to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office: