MetLife / disability

1 United States

I applied for my benefits when my company had their enrollment period, back in September 2007. I send my Statement of Health form in and it was signed by me on 9/16/07. I later called MetLife to check on my coverage and they said I was being denied due to a pre-existing condition, pregnancy and that I supposedly send them a letter saying I was pregnant that was signed on 9/16/07. I informed them I didn't conceive until 10/11/07. They then told me to fax in a letter from my doctor stating my conception date with an appeal.
So, I went ahead and faxed the letter from my doctor, but MetLife STILL denied me for coverage. THEY state that supposedly on my Statement of Health form that I signed back in September, that I was pregnant at the time, even though my doctor states I didn't conceive until 10/11. When I called in to discuss this with them, nobody including the supervisor wanted to hear any of this. They just kept repeating themselves about the paper I signed. I tried to inform them I would've had to have been psychic to say a month before I conceived, that I was pregnant. But, they didn't care what my doctor had to say. They just simply said they would not give me any coverage.
This company is horrible with this! I've seen the complaints...and they all basically sound the same! I'm sooo ready to get an attorney for this. Now, I will not be able to take any maternity leave to recover and spend time with my baby...and get paid for it. I can't afford to just take time off! MetLife is awful. I will NEVER sign up for disability insurance with them...EVER, or EVER reccomend them to ANYONE!!!

Cr