methgal alshaalan / 2009 BMW 740li goodyear tires

1 Saudi Arabia Review updated:

i recieved a call from someone his name is ameen alaazah who works for alrashed Goodyear Tire company in the eastern profens of saudi and talled me that the type of tires that where installed in 2009 BMW 740 li are not the proper tires cuz they don't handle the weight of this type of car .."the car is too heavy for this type of tires" ...and that is why the bubles appears on thier sides. which cause lots of driving problems.

my qn. is : why did they instal them to beginwith while they know that they are the wrong tires for this type of a car?

some months a go right after i baught my two 2009 BMW 740 li cars i took the car to BMW dealer i showed them the bubles on the tire sides but the dealer said i must change them so i changed 4 tires for almost 4800 $ . the tire company claimed wrongly as miss use and foreced me to pay .

now it appeared its not my falt but its theirs ... how can i get back my money? since those tires should not be installed to begin with on those cars.

there are so many BMW 740 LI having tire bubles on them here in our twon.

...your advise & help is strongly appreciated

best regards .

methgal alshaalan
mobile [protected]

Comments

• Me
      28th of Feb, 2010

i agree strongly

13th of Mar, 2010

Hi Methgal, you should go back to Good year and fight with them to get your money back...

The question know what is the permenant soluation to this problem? is it go onther brand or what?

i am a Saudi and i have just get my 2010 BMW

• Su
      28th of Mar, 2010

Hi Methgal,
    I believe the best way to figure this out, is by talking to the dealership, or talking and complaining to the main office of BMW in Germany. If that doesn't work, let ameen send you an informal letter about the situation and raise a complain against them in court. I believe this will restore your problem and stop them from ripping off customers such as you and I. With such evidence, I'm sure they will comply or face even a bigger problem with court and effect their self image...
    I don't believe it's goodyear problem, but the dealers problem. Why installing them in the first place??? These cars are expensive and we assume that it deserve every cent we are paying for them.
    Please don't let them go away with it.

With love,
    Sultan Alshaalan
    "Abu el6egsh"

• Su
      28th of Mar, 2010

I tried to look at some BMW 750IL here in the states, they use Dunlop and some use Goodyear... I'm not sure if it's the same type in Riyadh but If those tires are considered dangerous then I believe it's important to take action...

It's better to double check with goodyear and get all the facts then react...

Sultan Alshaalan