Mesa Law Group / Loan modification

1 3151 Airway Ave Ste P-1Costa Mesa, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-992-7878

Since the beginning of our business relationship, Mesa Law Group has been making promises and not delivering on them. One example was that a representative promised to make a weekly phone call to update the status, even if there was no change. That never happened, ever. In fact I called the supervisor and was told that they should not have made that promise. That's fine but they did and that raised a question on ethical behavior. I recieved a call a month ago about submitting an affidavit of hardship.(which was already submitted) and that I would receive something in the mail to sign. I was concerned after two weeks and called back. I was told a completely different story and found out that my processor quit and moved on. Since that moment no one answers the phone or has returned my calls. I have a guarantee of a refund that it seems like they are trying to give back.

Comments

• Ri
      2nd of Mar, 2010

The last sentence should say..."trying not to give back."

• De
      6th of Mar, 2010

Richard, sorry to ear you rexperience wasnt pleasant. Ours was great. We got scammed by two other companies before we called Mesa as a last ditch effort to save our house. I was suprised how straightforward and honest they were when we spoke to them because we thought we would get a bunch of promises but that wasn't the case. We spoke to the manager Taz Randall and he basically said that if they could help us they would. We provided them all of our docs and they did the rest. They gave us a great review of our loan documents and gave us our options. After about a month and a half they were able to get our lender to give us an offer to reduce our payments and interest rates. I know there is a lot of bad press on the internet about getting a loan modification but Mesa is one of the good guys. I would suggest reaching out to them, I am sure they will fix everything. Thank You Mesa.

• Ib
      26th of Apr, 2010

I have applied for Loan modification 3 times by myself and all 3 were rejected by Wels Fargo due to not enough income. After I talk to Mesa Law Group they convince me that they can help me. I have paid $3400. They were going to refund half of the money if the loan is not modified. After my loan modification is rejected they have not contacted to me and they have not returned any of my many calls. I understood now, They are interested only taking people’s money not helping people. They new I did not have a good case but they take it anyway.

• Gu
      25th of Oct, 2010

I was told on Sept 21, 2010 after many weeks of silence that in two weeks I would be called and updated. It is now 25 Oct and...NO call. I call them on occassion and only get an answering machine. I heard from them often until I paid the 2500.00 dollars as aggreed and on time. Since then...I only had one contact and that was with a woman who had no answers. She knew not where anyone was not when they would be back. I would have asked for her name but I knew that even if I did she would not be employued by them if I ever did get anyone on the phone. Thanks Gunaratna.
    This it seems is just one other scam in a long line of scams.

• Jt
      26th of Oct, 2010

What eventually happened? Did you get your loan modified? We were looking into Mesa Law Group also.

• Ad
      4th of Nov, 2010

This organization employs some superb marketing tactics making people believe they are there to help. They really found a good niche in the market and taking advantage of this recession and people's hardships. I am sure they are making a ton of money knowing they can only help a small percentage of people. I have read many complaints about unreturned phone calls, and in my case unanswered emails. What I want to know is what the hell did my $2, 500 pay for besides the fact our home will be foreclosed? This organization is a scam and I often wonder how businesses like this even exist!

14th of May, 2011

mesa law group desided not to contact me by phone or email after they took 3, 5oo vicki

14th of May, 2011

i think its awfull what mesa law group did to alot of people they should give the money back plus interest, and pay for allthe time they have wasted for many of us

14th of May, 2011

no modifacation changed people on me i was told they have an f rateing dont do it they talk well, youll be sorry!vicki

• Mo
      19th of May, 2011

In Mesalawgroup, it seems like every one knows how to lie. I'm fighting with them for my 3000 back.
    Any one know how to make this kind of bad business to stop fraud money from those people who really need help.

7th of Jun, 2011

Do not use Mesa Law Group!!! They will take your money. They tell you what you want to hear then rip you off!!

7th of Jun, 2011

Any one out there wanting to join in on a class action law suit against Mesa Law Group? We are in Co.

• Jj
      8th of Jun, 2011

I agree with all of you. I am also disappointed, frustrated for what they are doing. They took initially $6, 000 plus $1, 000 each month for three consecutive months now. It's been four months now with no contact from them right after I spoke to a secretary that told me somebody will contact me but never did. Nobody answer anymore, unable to reach. Something needs to be done to put an end to this. That is a shame people like them targeting the most vulnerable ones, SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

20th of Jun, 2011

We got ripped off from mesa law group for $1500.00. Found a few other people in Co that were taken by mesa law group to, so we are getting together to put a classaction suit against them. Any one out there can join in with us. Please call Leigh 303-287-2522

24th of Jun, 2011

I am filing a complaint against Mesa Law Group with the state Bar Assoc. I have already filed complaints against Mesa with the FTC and State Attorney General. Next up, I am planning on suing them in Smal Claims Court. I just learned that SB94 was passed in Oct 2009. It prohibits any person, realtor or lawyer for accepting ANY upfront fees for doing loan mods- no exceptions. I spoke with an attorney who said I am correct, as well as someone from the FBI real estate fraud division who I just happened to sit next to at a business lunch a few days ago. I called MLG, talked to someone named Patrice, who said that I am correct-- that if I paid them after the law went into effect, I would be eligible for a refund. She was supposed to send me the papers on how to request that refund an hour ago. I still have nothing. If I don't get something by c.o.b. today, I am filing in small claims.

24th of Jun, 2011

Just got something from MLG RE refunds. I'll keep you all posted. I am not going away. I want the $4, 500 they accepted to do absolutely nothing for me. It's been 15 months since I paid them, no resolution and no contact at all from them in over 3 months. Prior to that, I called them ever few days and all I ever got were bizarre and incoherent emails and phone calls that were nonsensical.

24th of Jun, 2011

Here is their refund policy. I will not accept anything less than a full refund. Accepting money from me was illegal to begin with. I'll kee you all posted.
    TO: Mesa Law Clients

Re: Mesa Law Group Refund Policy- Modification cases

Please be advised that we closed our Modification Department on June 1, 2011. Refunds will be processed as follows;
    An accounting of time spent on your case will be provided to you within ten days of receipt of a written request for refund.
    Refunds will be calculated based on the time spent on your case or per the terms of the refund provisions in your fee agreement.
    Upon approval, a settlement agreement will be sent to you for signature, then a refund check will be issued within sixty days from the date a signed release is received.
    We appreciate your patience and wish you well in the future.

Regards,

Paul Petersen, Esq.

2102 Business Center Drive, Suite 130, Irvine, Ca 92612 Ph (866) 992-7878 Fx (888) 855-8115

30th of Jun, 2011

I received a letter today signed by Paul Petersen denying me any type of refund, saying that they are SB94 compliant, yet they are not. The law also prohibits splitting up of fees in order to try and exploit a loophole. That's not allowed either. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against them.

• Lo
      22nd of Aug, 2011

Mesa Law Group charged us over $7, 000.00 dollars and we still waiting for results on our loan modification. I e-mail, phone them and get no response and we are inh the process of loosing our home.

22nd of Aug, 2011

LOVS: $7, 000?!? I wonder why you paid so much more than we did ($4, 500). Take them so Small Claims and sue for your money back. My court hearing is at the end of the month. Wish me luck!