Merlin Moneyrefund / loan

K Review updated:

i applyd for a loan with these they didnt warn me that money would be took out of my account and they took £ 39.50..!! i emailed them as they had no phone number and i have had no reply it wont let me remove my account and had no reply..!! i wanted my money bk and got left skint..!! ###..!!

Comments

• B
      Aug 18, 2011

FOR REFUND PHONE [protected]
    Amelia head of customer services
    Got mine on the spot!

• A
      Oct 10, 2012

Repeated emails with no response after application fee taken but no funds received. Merlin is a magician for sure - disappears with other peoples' cash !

• N
      May 20, 2014

This happened to me do not apply to them a load of ###

• J
      May 28, 2014

I was ripped off I have been in touch with watchdog and trading standards and I will be visiting the offices also in Swansea and I wish to warn the our British people do not give bank details to this merlin loan con artist no money before the loan is given it's a rip off money making scam and they know it's a scam but please be warned I am calling for boycott plz reply to me anyone my email is [protected]@cloud.com

Jun 03, 2014

my daughter applied for a £100.00 loan from merlin... of course didnt get the loan..and
    then she had money in her account to pay her sky bill and merlin went in and took £49.99 off her bank..which left her sky bill unpaid.. its a nightmare trying to find contact details for them...i came on here saw the refund number at top of page..called it..i was given another number..i called that..it was an automated message calling themselves..greenleaf finance..and saying you need to write in to recieve a refund...no1 to acctually speak too..i then called the 1st number back..and telling the woman this..sh soundd quite surprised..she then asked for my phone number..and said some1 will call me back..not holding my breath..

Jun 16, 2014

omg have not even got a loan and they av talking 67.88 2day i will be ringing when got credit not happy

Jun 16, 2014

you will be lucky ..there isnt acctually any direct number to call merlin loans...and they dont reply to any forms being submitted to them..and number displayed at top of page is elite loans i spoke to assistant manager and acctual manager completely fob you off...they give you another number which takes you to a greenleaf finance just an automated service..it is hirendous

• A
      Jun 17, 2014

I had 2 lots of £49.99 taken out of my bank by Merlin loans, never heard of them don't recognise the website, going to try to ring them tomorrow, if no joy going to contact my bank, and trading standards.

• D
      Jun 17, 2014

After i was ripped the loan company that game to my rescue was Trust Global Mortgage ith just 3% interest rate only, You can contact this company for legit loan Email:[protected]@gmail.com

• R
      Jun 17, 2014

How do these cowboy s still prey on working folk who need a little help?I totally understand a company making a few quid on a GUARANTEED, signed, sealed and delivered loan.How is it possible that they get away with taking nearly£70 out of a hardworking persons account without meeting the criteria they convey??..As jamesy999 threaded earlier i`ll happily join his pursuit...[protected]@yahoo.com

• V
      Jul 07, 2014

They took 49.99 out of two seperate accounts I have, yes I applied for loan but when I saw they would be wanting £49.99 to help me get a £100 loan I did not continue yet they still took the money. I managed to contact some heartless ### and inform her I now couldn't feed my children and wanted a refund she offered me 25.00 and advised would be in my acct next day I was desperate so took it and surprise surprise I'm still waiting. She hasn't responded to any messages or emails since I'm furious this can be allowed in this day and age but I won't stop until I get it. This company disgusts me they prey on the vulnerable something needs done.

• C
      Jul 07, 2014

My son also had £49.99 taken out of his Bank account and no loan given. This company needs investigating, I too will be contacting Trading Standards. Apart from taking them to the small claims court you can also apply for a 'Winding Up Order' this means they cannot access their Bank Accounts and cannot access other accounts - I understand that this takes immediate effect. People may have signed up and Merlin are quoting the small print, but to all intent and purposes their Website clearly conveys a loan will be found under any circumstances, and it is this part of their statement that will be taken into account should court action be taken - so those people who have been subject to this scam should not reproach themselves, my guess is that this company is run from someone's front room.

Jul 14, 2014

Merlin loans took £50 out of my account i didnt get a loan, ive written to them, emailed had no response it totally skint me im a single parent if 4 ive phoned all the numbers on their website to no avail complete rip off merchants :)

• R
      Jul 14, 2014

had same prob took 49.99 sent mail got a refund paper work to fill in sent back hey and still no refund
    called them keep saying call back in 1 hour sent more emails still no go with refund no going to speak to bank and get them to get money back if not will take legal action if you want a email mail this girl at merlinloans Rachel McGuire <[protected]@merlinloan.co.uk>;

• M
      Jul 30, 2014

Same thing has recently happened to me, they took £49.99 out of my account and I cannot get hold of anyone for my refund, I have even written in as this is what it states on the website, it also states that if you don't take up a loan (which I didn't) the membership fee will automatically be refunded after a month... It has been 6 weeks now, really pissed off!!!

• M
      Jul 31, 2014

I have had £49.99 taken out of my bank 4 weeks ago now I contacted my bank asking who had taken the money they advised me a company called merlin loans has taken £49.99 out of my bank and told me to contact them so I went back on the website it had to options refund and contact us I clicked refund and it have me there address which u wrote to the for a full refund as I needed it to pay bill now because of that my bills have gained Interest. I got no response then I emailed merlin loans 4 times I then got a response saying am sorry about this and would I accept 24.99 if so it can be in my bank within 5 days so because I needed to pay a bill i said ok but it's discusting use do this 2 weeks later I have still not got the money and have also been back on the site an it seems to have been removed now what should I do now ??? Email me any help [protected]@yahoo.com

• L
      Aug 06, 2014

the same £49.99 was also taken from my account. ive tried ringing them countless times, emailed them, and also sent two letters. I have been in touch with trading standards and they said that you are eligible for your money back taken away an administraion charge of £4.99, under the consumer credit act section 155 states that you are legally eligible for a refund if no loan is found for you or if you no longer want one. #MerlinLoansScum a company who simply makes money by taking it from people who havent got it in the first place!

Aug 06, 2014

Merlin loans did the same thing to me...
    Dirty Thieving ###!!!...

• F
      Aug 11, 2014

They've done the same thing to me, except I'm out of work and don't know what to do. I spoke to someone called Rachel Mcquire and she sent me a form I had to fill out and send off to them in order to get my money back, surprise surprise no ###ing money! This was two months ago

Aug 20, 2014

I have been a victim as well. They took £49.99 in May and I don't know how to get back my money. Any one knows how?
    Please e-mail me @ [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• D
      Oct 09, 2014

Merlin Loans took £49.99 out of my bank account back in April, I got in contact with them, via their online form, they emailed me and they asked me to send in their online refund form to their postal address for processing, I did what was asked of me and heard nothing from them for a month! I then emailed them, as there was no telephone number to call, which is totally unprofessional in itself! They said that they had not received my letter, they then said that I wouldn't have to re-send the letter and they would process it, it's a wonder why I had to send the bloody letter in the first place! There was a series of emails going to and fro asking when I would get my money back and I got foolish lies around systems crashing and that was the reason why they couldn't refund my money ... They eventually gave me a date when I would get my money back but low and behold, it did not happen!! And now ... All emails are bouncing back and I have no way of contacting them!
    Merlin Loans are a bunch of sharks with zero integrity. The financial watchdog should shut them down ASAP! Please contact me on [protected]@hotmail.com if anyone has any contact details (that work). Thanks

Dec 19, 2014

Scammed out of £49.99 and no refund despite Finacial Ombudsman finding in my favour. Merlin don't even seem to care about legalities in any shape or form. Awaiting next step advice. Hopefully they are not above the law.

Feb 25, 2015

I got same happen to me they took £49.99 out of my account and i couldnt contact them. When i did i was told thats the policy and procedure i was gobsmacked as i did not apply for the loan i explained it was my ex girlfriend as her way of revenge and got refunded from the bank. They have now contacted my bank asking for a refund and i am getting charged from the bank these are not genuine. Dose anyone know the number for Merlin loans to contact them directly