merchant services (visa/mastercard) / lies / bait and switch / fraud

1 55 East 63rd Streetwestmont IL, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-689-0543

This company sent promotional material offering credit card services without an annual or monthly fee (fee per transaction only). They opened the account with that understanding and honored it for roughly 7 or 8 months. Suddenly monthly fees appeared on our bank account. When I called them on it, they were rude and the representative hung up on me. I called back and spoke to a sales person, pretended I was interested in opening a new account, and asked if I would ever be charged a fee. I recorded him telling me exactly what I was originally told: There would never be a monthly or annual service fee, only individual transaction fees (a percentage of the transaction). I then called customer service back, and told them what I was just told by their sales person and that I had recorded it. The customer service representative, now apologetic, agreed to stop charging us fees and said he would "try" to have the fees, "erroneously" charged to our account, refunded. I insisted that he put that in writing and email it to me, which he did. They never refunded the 3 months they had charged us, but future fees did stop...until recently. This time they charged us a whopping annual fee, soon followed by successive monthly charges even higher than before. I have notified that I wish to close the account and have sent a copy of the email they sent me stating there would be no service fees.

This is a company that can not be trusted. I would encourage anyone who has had a bad experience with them to post here (and any other complaint sites). I would also suggest complaining to the Illinois better business bureau and the Illinois state attorney general as well as your own state's attorney general.

PS There is a shocking complaint about them written by a former employee posted on ripoff.com.

Comments

• Fr
      3rd of Oct, 2010

Wow thank you for coming forward and I am sorry to hear about your experience. I was about to use this company as my merchant but after doing a simple search and finding all of this bad feedback I think I will be looking else where. Thanks for the heads up.

• Ke
      18th of Dec, 2010

thanks...had the same problem with them. they add charges for pci complince, , , , , and anything else they can think of, the ...stay away.now going by the name" National Payment Processing"

• Nc
      8th of Mar, 2011

Before I opened a store in2009 IMS salesman told me they charge only 0.5% for the credit card services, and the machine cost over $3000, they can lease it to me for $66 a month for four years.they didn't mention about other fees at all, so I signed the contract.(I was new to this country) Recently I went to the other stores and found the same machine everywhere, they all said it's around $200.So I called the company--it took me a long time to get in touch with someone, they asked me to call the leasing company-but leasing company said its not their responsibility. I began to take a deep look at my bill--I found out they charged me a lot of things that I never aware of, I calculated my fees every month, it's almost 5% of my total credit card charges for sales, which is much higher than what they said. I spent several days trying to reach someone in IMS who can give me an answer, Finally I talked with someone they said they charged around 1.29%--3.4% of every transaction(Inter-Chg fee); For the service package fee, it's the service to send me the paper for the machine--I never knew that and never order anything from the company!Capture feeis the fee for machine settlement. My bill in Novermeber--there is a fee for $90 plat Security-Dial ANN, they said it's an annul fee, but in my January's bill, they charged me again for another almost $100 for the yearly fee.Since every charge was taken from my account automatically, i couldn't control how much they charge. When I called the company in January, they told me to fax to them to cancel the service package fee for Feburary, I did fax them on Jan 26th, but I recieved a bill today(March 7th), they still charged me the service package fee for $19.95. I already stopped using the machine since Jan 30th, I no longer run the business anymore--but I still have to pay the $69 leasing fee every month for the machine which is worth only $200, for the next two and half years.It's unfair for small business owners to get into this trap, I need help! .

• Fa
      7th of Jun, 2012

IMS can not be trusted. As a small business we signed up to except credit cards. Some of there sales people like to make a little money on the side and are allowed to sign you up with a leasing company. They are very smooth about this and tell you that you may exit at anytime without penalties. They are not clear and like to hide the fact that hidden in all the piles of paperwork there is a lease agreement that they get paid for from a company that provides you with the machine. Since it is a separate company they can say to you that you can exit their agreement at anytime. But they get paid for signing you up with a lease company for the machine you are stuck with for four years or you pay $800+ to exit and you don't keep the machine. But the sales person, Nancy O'Reily with IMS got my money.

• Ke