Merchant One / Unauthorized debits

1 Woodstock, NY, United States Review updated:

As President of the Woodstock Playhouse I made the decision to sign with Merchant One through the 2009 summer season only. The statements that started to come in beginning at the end of August enumerated the deposits and the fees & all seemed to come together. In August the total charge to our account was $101.07. They took that amount on Sept. 3rd. They also took the unauthorized $142.50 on Sept. 21st. On the Sept. statement the total charge to our account was $71.80. That was taken on Oct. 5th but they also took the unauthorized $129.00 on Oct. 2nd. Nowhere on their statements were those two figures listed. It was at this point that I began my quest to cancel wth them.No one EVER returned a phone call. The I emailed. No response Ever since November 2009 I’ve been trying to cancel this service. In January we were charged $99 for an annual renewal when we'd only be with them five months.Spoke with a guarded and rude employee. I again said that I’d been trying to cancel this service for months and now they had charged us an annual fee. I sent a certified letter on 2/4/10 and got a call on 2/10/10. I spoke with Nancy who said they would settle for $25 a month for the balance of a 3 year contract. No trhee year commitment or such wording on my docs. Then she said she could settle for $295. I told her I wanted $370.50 returned to us and I had instructed our bank to disallow further debits from MerchantOne. Nancy gave no satisfaction and this remains unresolved.

Comments

• Wo
      13th of Feb, 2010

This saga continues. After speaking with "Nancy" from Merchant One and receiving no satisfaction, I was putting this into the hands of the Board of Directors to decide a course of action. Yesterday - again UNAUTHORIZED - Merchant One debited our bank account for the $295 that Nancy had mentioned. We now are forced to close this checking account so that they don't have any further access. This is a dispicable group of people who lie, cheat and now steal! Stay away from them!