Merchant Lynx Services / Don't fall for the lies by omission

1 Atlanta, United States Review updated:

Never trust Merchant Lynx Services! I had a Representative that seemed like the nicest person look over my statemt from a previous company and tell me how much money she was going to save me. I am paying more than before. First of all I never intended on locking myself into a 4yr lease on a machine for $49.99 plus tax, plus $10.00 insurance for a total of $63.49 per month for 4 yrs equals $3047.52 for a machine that by that time will be worn out and outdated. They said I understood the terms...No way I did NOT!!! She made it sound like I was paying that to use the machine. Who would knowingly sign a crazy contract during a recession like we are in?

How can these people do business and feel good about themselves?

I will find a way to let the public and the people in small businesses know about this company. I bet Clark Howard would love to get all over this one! Merchant Lynx Services and their Reps should be held accountable for this and the Attorney General should know and do something.

Comments

• Fl
      15th of Dec, 2008

lair scam and fault make you sign up for the contract and let you hang never hepl.

• Fl
      15th of Dec, 2008

i was trap in the same situation i wish they burn in hell i am piss

• Fo
      21st of Jan, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Also read the fine print. After you pay all of the lease payments, you have to buy the equipment - which is 10% minimum . So you are paying another $300+ on top of what you have paid. I got them to make an amendment saying that I could buy the machine outright for $1. Cavet - only if I stay with MLS. Won't happen because I am changing to another credit card system tomorrow. Plus, each month they charge a fee for this, a fee for that. Yeah, I'm screwed with the equipment and I feel stupid. But, I refuse to keep doing business with them. Let's all go to whatever websites we can go to to let people know about this company. They are so slick in their presentation. They make me sick! Oh well, what goes around, comes around.

• Da
      10th of Feb, 2009

The same happened to me ! My husband was away and came back on the day they were to initiate the system and he stopped them dead in their tracks after reading the contracts fine print. THEY LIE LIE LIE! Even though we didn't finish with the start up, and called to reject the contract, the company went ahead and charged us for months, and months, and I am still on the phone with them almost every day trying to get my money back (close to $400 in 3 months) for something I didn't even buy!!! They promise the money is being processed and will be sent, but as soon as they send a piddley amount back... they add a new charge. I have spoken to over 12 reps and no one gets it right- and the supervisors are never available, and they never call you back so ... don't hold your breath. Don't use this company!!!

19th of Feb, 2009

I had the same experience. I am currently trying to get names together to fight this. They lie, cheat and steal. My rep, Leo Inowlocki, came in to my business and told me how much money he can save me. I was processing credit cards for 14 years and owned a machine. He told me the machine I had could not be used. He looked me right in the eye and said " don't worry there is no charge for the machine". From the no charge machine he got me for $69.95 plus tax, $10.00 for insurance and other hidden fees for 48 months. This machine can be bought online for as low as $89.95. I now have a collections company calling me. I told them about this fraud. I wrote the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. BBB and the Attorney General will not help. I am still waiting for the Federal Trade Commission. I have been posting complaints on every site I can find. Please file complaints with the BBB, Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission. The more complaints the better. Please contact me at JB515@aol.com. We can't let them get away with this.

• Ra
      23rd of Apr, 2009

The same situation happened to our Company, only we have 11 studios that we used their service for. We kept our lease for the agreed contract term of 4 years.
    Well for starters for 11 machines it cost us over $28, 000.00...and when we did try to cancel the contract AFTER the 4 year period we were still charged $ 350.00 x11 times to cancel. We returned the machines and they still have not closed out all the accounts, and they posted a bad credit reporting on our business as well as our personal. And just this week another rep from Merchant Lynx came into our business and tried to regain our business again by making the very same promises they did the first time. They even "promised" to reimburse us
    $ 2, 000.00 for erronous charges they took when they had our business before. Since we were taken so badly with their lease contract we have since purchased all 11 of our machines, I informed the new rep of this and she proceeded to tell me that my machines were not in compliance with PCI standards and I was going to have to replace all my machines anyway. I immediatly researched what she had told me and found that we are in complete compliance with PCI and she told me an out and out lie about that. I asked her how she could figure we would come out cheaper if we leased the machines again paying another $ 28, 000.00 over the 48 month lease. I asked her why I could not have my own machines and get the same rate she was "promising" me now. She said she could only offer the lower rate if I agreed to lease the machines again for 48 months. I am absolutly enraged at this point that another rep would even come into our business and present such a ludicrest deal that we were ripped off on just two years before. She "promised" me the business pratices and standards of Merchant Lynx had changed and they had changed all their management personnel. Upon pulling my old records and researching on my own I found the very same President, the same names as all my previous paperwork, so again she lied about that as well. She had all 11 contracts written up and ready for my signature before she had even finalized her attempt to regain our business. She advised me that if I did not sign the contracts that day her boss would be very upset with her when she went back to work. I told her I would never sign a contract again without researching everything first ( I learned a very hard and expensive lesson the first time), she continued to harass myself and my husband by phone and by stopping in our business for two weeks.
    Beware Consumers...I do not beleive their business pratices or standards have changed.

• De
      28th of Apr, 2009

My tale of woe is just about the same. The sales person told me how much money Merchant Lynx Services was going to save me but never disclosed that If I didn't meet a quota for a particular credit card I would be charged and at any point if they feel that a charge might be contested they can hold the funds as long as they want. I have not had even 1 chargeback and they still insist to hold funds at their discretion. This has caused countless charges from my bank since holding back funds caused my accounts to be overdrawn. In today’s business climate cash flow is critical and Merchant Lynx Service s and I Payment make it impossible to plan your finances since at any time they can cut off that much needed cash flow. Please spread the word that Merchant Lynx Services and I Payment is the absolute WORSE credit card clearing company that exists. They do not disclose all the information at time of signing the contract and then tell you to read the fine print when you have an issue.

29th of Apr, 2009

I had the same experience. The Rep from Merchant Lynx never said anything about a lease or endless payments and charges. We already owned a terminal and when I asked if we could use it, she told us "Don't worry, we are going to give you all new equipment." They promised us 2 terminals and a check scanner. They showed up 2 weeks late with one machine, then I got a letter telling me I had committed to a 4 year lease at $100 per month! For a machine I could buy for under $200. When I called to complain, I was threatened with a lawsuit and a lean against my property. The sales manager told me the contract I had signed was iron clad and non-cancelable and he knew because he had to sue one or 2 clients every month! What a rip off outfit!
    I contacted a lawyer, had to freeze and eventually close my checking account because of all the charges they were taking, and stopped using the machine and service immediately. Now I'm getting threatening collection letters from all kinds of different companies I never heard of. The sales manager has called my lawyer and been abusive and very nasty with the staff there.
    My bank was helpful in charging back several of the disputed charges. So far I am only out about $130, but this isn't over.
    This is a bad news, fraudulent, rip off company that should be avoided at all costs. Don't believe a word they say!
    Like everyone here has said, the sale people are slick and make it sound like a great deal. I have been in business over 30 years and didn't consider myself a sucker by any means, but these people are good at what they do... sucker people into bad contracts with lies and deception.

• De
      20th of May, 2009

OMG! These people need to be stopped. We are currently faced with the same situation. The rep actually had my husband sign a contract but neglected to fill in all the boxes of information until after it was signed. We called him 100 times and he never returned our calls. We have since tried to cancel with Merchant Lynx and First Data and they tell us we're in a noncancellable lease agreeement. THAT IS A LIE! The word lease agreement was never mentioned.

Can anyone tell us how to resolve this issue? I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau but so far no resolution.

Please help.

21st of May, 2009

First, I froze, then closed, my checking account so they could no longer draft money automatically. Then, I had my attorney review the contract and send them a letter stating that the contract was willfully misrepresented and they were in violation of the NJ Consumer Fraud Act. They called here a couple times and sent from threatening letters, but each time we simply replied that we were represented by an attorney and all inquiries should go to them, since we considered this a case of criminal fraud. My bank actually charged back most of the charges that had been automatically deducted. They are no longer bothering us, but I don't know if more crap will be coming. After seeing all the complaints on the internet about them, it is obvious they are a total scam outfit and this is normal operating procedure for them. My lawyer's take is once they see they are in for a real fight, they won't bother, as it is easier just to find another victim, plus the light shone on them by a court case would be very unwelcome.
    So, that would be my best advice. Spend a couple hundred bucks and hire a lawyer to represent your interests.
    BTW, I still have the terminal they were supposed to "give" me. I haven't used it, or their processing service. It's in a box waiting for them to come get it. It can sit here until hell freezes, for all I care.

29th of Jun, 2009

Merchant Lynx Services is an ISO for Wells Fargo Bank (925-746-4172) Call the bank and file a complaint about Merchant Lynx Services. Wells Fargo will help you get your money back as they take these complaints very seriously and they receive a lot of them about Merchant Lynx Services.

29th of Jun, 2009

Thanks for the tip. Actually, they have totally stopped bugging me. I think once they realized I wasn't going to let them rip me off without a fight, they decided to move onto the next sucker. I still have their terminal too... haha.
    But I will keep this number handy in case they do crawl out from the rock again.
    D

• So
      13th of Jul, 2009

i have closed my bank account and get a new merchant account with no contract they been billing me but i try to ignore them i'll post latest news to everyone.

• Tr
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Beware of this company they make there money by cheating merchants. From the first day when you are installed try calling there helpdesk or anyone for that matter. You will get nothing but attitude. The only good thing they had was the gentlman that came out to install the terminal he was very polite and made us fell very comfurtable with our decisions until we had questions about statement and thats when the sh-- hit the fan. I know a few merchants that use to do business with this company and they all say the same thing Installer was GREAT! but after that its all down hill.

3rd of Aug, 2009

We were promised 2 credit card terminals with pin pads and a check processing scanner... along with a full supply of paper and consumables, and the rep promised he'd be there by Friday... after a week and a half and 3 phone calls, a guy showed up without an appointment with ONE machine, no pin pads, no check scanner and no supplies and said he's be back later in the week with the rest of our stuff. We never saw him again.
    TrooperJohn... did they snake you into a LEASE for $200 a month for FOUR YEARS for a machine you can BUY brand new for $250????

Knock on wood, so far, after I hired a lawyer and made them realize I wasn't going to cave to their threats, they seem to have disappeared. There was about $150 in bogus charges that we never got back from them, but I guess that's the price I pay for being so gullible to begin with.

7th of Aug, 2009

Spoke too soon. I just got a letter from a collection agency demanding $3, 768.00 for Merchant Lynx Services. For a $250 credit card terminal that I used exactly one day!
    These people are the ### of the industry. How can this company continue to perpetrate fraud on small businesses and not get in trouble for it? Unbelievable.

• Ed
      31st of Aug, 2009

I had a company do the same exact thing to me. They are called First Data Global Lease. I would never sign up for a credit machine ever again in my life. They are all crooks!

• Ed
      31st of Aug, 2009

Sorry I never finished my complaint. First Data filled in 4 years on a 2 year lease and then got into my account multiple times and took out unauthorised amounts of money. This went on for 2 years before anything was done. I was persistent in getting help. The lesson learned in never sign a contract without a layer present.

• Ne
      31st of Aug, 2009

Enough complaints - it's time to do something about these scam artists! We also were scammed by Merchant Lynx/First Data - we live in NJ. Last week on Channel 7 News there was a story regarding local deli owners who were scammed also but by another 2 companies. Apparently there's more than one company that does this or maybe they're all one in the same functioning under different alias. We need to all get together and make a formal complaint to either the Attorney General Office or someone in authority. This is crazy what's going on and how they are robbing from small "mom and pop" stores who are just trying to make ends meet. The scammers actually were automatically withdrawing money from our business account. We called the sales rep repeatedly and of course he mysteriously disappeared and never returned a call. We called both companies and they inturn sent us "alledged" copies of our signatures and initials (none of which were ours and we never saw or signed any lease contracts). THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

• Ne
      31st of Aug, 2009

I forgot to add that we have filed complaints with the BBB both in NJ and NY.