Mercedez Benz Award Company / Merdes Benz Promotion Award prize of £950,000.00 Pounds

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

At first I received this mail:<br />
from Mercedez Benz Award Company <al.[protected]@sbcglobal.net><br />
reply-to edward.[protected]@discuz.org<br />
to <br />
date Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 10:21 PM<br />
subject £950.000.00 GBP was awarded to you in our Mercedes Benz Promo get back with your:<br />
signed-by sbcglobal.net<br />
Kingston Upon Thames, <br />
Surrey, KT2 5EB.<br />
Dear Fund Beneficiary, <br />
<br />
Your have been approved by the clearance processing department of the Mercedes Benz Cash Splash Promotion Team to receive your awards, but its mandatory by the United Kingdom Gambing and Promotional Laws that you must contact the Law Firm below for legalization purpose.<br />
Please find below details of the Barry Galant Law Group.<br />
Barry Galant Law Firm<br />
Contact Person: Barr. Barry Galant<br />
Tel: +[protected] <br />
Email: [protected]@barrygalantlaw.co.uk<br />
Email 2: [protected]@hotmail.co.uk<br />
<br />
Its is very important that you quote your File Ref No: MDB/121/HY/003, in any corresponding email with the law firm, in other to receive timely response.<br />
Wish you all the best of Luck, Congratulations once again!!!<br />
Mr. Jerry Smith/Edward Howell<br />
Customer Care Officer<br />
<br />
When I contacted the law firm they sent this mail:<br />
N201 Valley Way High Street Egham, Surrey TW20 9HN<br />
United Kingdom.<br />
Tel: +[protected]<br />
Fax: +[protected]<br />
Legal Attn, <br />
<br />
Welcome to Barry Galant Law Firm. We have received hard copy of your winning clearance documents from the Mercedes Benz Award agent's office. We therefore wish to congratulate you on your prize Winnings of £950, 000.00. We shall take appropriate steps to process both the Legalization and Notarization of your claims in the shortest possible time.<br />
<br />
With these developments, we are to make arrangements for the Notarization of your form and also to seek legalization of the funds by registering your winnings with The United Kingdom Gaming Board/Commission as required by Laws. <br />
<br />
For us to confirm your identity, Kindly confirm the following information below. This will enable us confirm that you are the same person referred to us by Mercedes Benz Award Office. <br />
* Your Exact Names:<br />
* Occupation:<br />
* Nationality:<br />
The options to receive your winnings are: <br />
<br />
1. CASH PICK UP: You can aslo come down in person to our office to pick up your winning package. Please be informed that if you choose to come down in person to the U.K, you are responsible for VISA APPLICATION, TRAVELING DOCUMENTS AND FLIGHT TICKET as Mercedes Benz & Company exempt its self from such expenses. <br />
<br />
2. BANK TO BANK TRANSFER: If you option for the Bank to Bank Transfer you will be require to contact our affiliate Bank for the smooth transfer of your winning fund to your destinated Bank account.<br />
OPTION 1:<br />
OPTION 2:<br />
* COMFIRM YOUR PREFERRED OPTION:<br />
*INFORMATION PURPOSE<br />
<br />
For security reasons and to avoid double claims, you are hereby advice to keep your winning informations confidential, until your winning fund has been transferred to you, this is beause we have recently experiences difficuties identifying geniune winners of the promotion, due to leakage of your winning information to friend relative and general Public. Please be inform that the Barry Galant Law Firm will not be responsible for any lost or forfeitures of your winning funds, due to leakage of your winning information to others. This is for your own good.<br />
<br />
Respond to this email by completing the above informations and also you are adviced to send us a scanned copy of your Driver's Licence, International Passport (photo page) or any other legally identifying document for proof of identity.<br />
Yours Sincerely, <br />
Barr. Barry Galant (Esq.) For<br />
-- <br />
The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way, use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorized use may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your system. Barry Galant Law Firm cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of email. Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect our opinions and we will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside.<br />
And when I gave them my personal details Barr. Barry Galant sent me:<br />
N201 Valley Way High Street Egham, Surrey TW20 9HN<br />
United Kingdom.<br />
Tel: +[protected]<br />
Fax: +[protected]<br />
Legal Attn: Farid Ahmed, <br />
<br />
We have received your recent email and the confirmation information sent by you. We hereby confirm you as the true beneficiary to the Merdes Benz Promotion Award prize of £950, 000.00 Pounds. You are expected to to enter your closet relative in the area Next of Kin.<br />
<br />
Our Legal/Professional Charge is £210 Pounds for the Legalization and Notarization service to be rendered in regards to your winnings. You are to make payment of £210 as the professional charge to us as Retainership. This is to cover the cost of registering and legalizing your winning claims with the United Kingdom Promotion Board and also with the Royal Court of Justice here in United Kingdom. The entire process will take only 24 hours, immediately your payment has been received.<br />
<br />
Your funds can not be deducted from which is in accordance with section 13(1)(n) of the National Gaming Act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3rd July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds and win Situations.<br />
<br />
We offer different types of law services like Drafting of Will, Trust and town planning, Banking transactions, Director's service agreement, corporate transactions including corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, commercial matters, tribunal claims, draft contracts of employment, resolving disputes and negotiating settlements, claims e.t.c. If you want to read more about us please visit: http://www.barrygalantlaw.co.cc<br />
<br />
You are expected to get back to us, so that we can instruct you on how to make payment fior the legalization of your winning funds..<br />
Congratulations Once again.<br />
Yours Sincerely, <br />
Barr. Barry Galant (Esq.) For<br />
<br />
Now I'm confirmed that this is a scam site. What do you think. Please help me reach a decision.

Mercedez Benz Award Company

Comments

• Ms
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I have received the same info. I was sent an email stating I won, and I responded with an email that said simply "Explain". I mean, c'mon, Mercedes sending me millions of dollars? I was sent an email this morning again stating I "won" and to contact them for details. My File Reference Number is exactly the same as yours!

I googled the email to see if anyone else had posted about them. Your posting is the only thing that came up. I certainly hope no one falls for this.

• Mu
      16th of Mar, 2010

I think this is a spam ...i recived the same and different ...and i ignored them ...because no one can won without doing any thing

and i contaced them ...they want you to pay the charge and to the lawer

i said to him finish all thing and take ur mon from the mony i won ...but i belive that is a spaaaaaaaaaaaaam

• Al
      23rd of Mar, 2010

that's ###

• Ro
      1st of Apr, 2010

thanks God i thought of searching the award n natwest bank plc...if i didn't then surely i responded. i was emailed several times...but i cant afford the pounds bec i'm poor...waaaaaaahhhhhh

Lord, forgive these people who are doing these scam...

• Su
      21st of Jun, 2010

[censored]...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu mr.Barry Galant Law Firm
    nasty idiot firm
    unimaginable baastards dont crack jokes hereafter becos we r not stupid westeners we are intelligent asians.

• In
      25th of Jun, 2010

yaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh i also recieved d same...bt didnt understand wat is that indeed...i replied several times...why sm 1 do not take action against the barrygalant law firm...

• Ky
      26th of Jun, 2010

yo recibi el mismo email esto es mentira no lo crean te kieren joder

• Ne
      27th of Jun, 2010

[censored] u agent of barry galent law. . . . hahaha
    hey i also recieved d same n i replied them only two times. . . .must be taken some legal steps against these people. . . . . . .

• Co
      28th of Jul, 2010

me cago en lo muerto del garage d mercedz i su muerto to ive waitng 1 [censor]ing month for some thing 2 come i [censor]ing [censor] in mercedez and the [censor]ing owner mercedez in gibraltar is [censor] makes me [censor]ing blow

• Co
      28th of Jul, 2010

im [censor]ing mad

6th of Aug, 2010

All You said happened to me, with all the details, you are in conflict myself, between my desire of human to ratify this fact fictive 950000, between mental science, which scans the illusion and bring him to mind, what did you do to win a, and is the Mercedes you can only find sites personal on the net so promote these large amounts, and do those lawyers know the award from the company and are Conflict in dealing with the winner, why not related to Mercedes winner directly and with the media and the press to promote, if true, enough of you who sell the illusion of a human being, Do not you have The best way to make money from playing on the dreams of the weak human relation to any they order not to drown in the sea of poverty-D/ A- from Egypt

• Li
      5th of Sep, 2010

what an html post... gosh you made me sick reading those lines so annoying!

• Du
      19th of Dec, 2010

I also received same email... seriously these people are sick... I just can't control myself by knowing about their fake drama.
    [censor] these [censor]...!!! they still think that people will believe them... can't they use their mind in some real tasks..
    fake [censor]...!!

• Dh
      24th of Jan, 2011

i also received same email... and they send me today last email. that his officer come to india to give me my money .
    and they tell me that i have to pay airport clearence and other all expances by me...
    i don't know now what to do...

6th of Apr, 2011

I received a email that I have won 950000 GBP by my email address in your Mercerdez Benz promotion, this massage was received through email [protected]@iprimus.com.au. Please tel me about the fate of this email massage. THey also said that this won prize is being sent to me through atlas air courier.They said that all the air port clearing and other processing charges will be born by me. Kindly reply very soon so that I may protect myself from any internet fraud to be happen with me.My email address is [protected]@gmail.com and my mobile no. is 8006916799. yours faithful Mahes Chandra Yadav

• Mr
      14th of Apr, 2011

ya i also received this type of email from
    British America Tobacco Company
    12 Richmond Rd,
    Kingston Upon Thames,
    Surrey, KT2 5EB.
    now i thought its a spasm

• Mr
      14th of Apr, 2011

British America Tobacco Company
    12 Richmond Rd,
    Kingston Upon Thames,
    Surrey, KT2 5EB. is a frauddd

10th of May, 2011

i also received the same as Mahesh Chandra Yadav, someone plz email me so i can protect myself. my email address is [protected]@gmail.com

31st of May, 2011

i also recieved the same kind of email as mahesh chandra n above..they even named the officer..lol n they r comin 2mmrw is that wat they said.. nw wat do ido?

8th of Jun, 2011

Esteemed Beneficiary,

Acknowledgment Information Required

Top of the day to you over there. This is to inform you that we are a Banking Organization and as so have rules and regulations to follow, so due to very strict policies laid down by the Benz Promotional Affairs Commission, we are unable to process the transfer of your prize by deducting from your prize money.

It is very important that we receive the fee prior to your delivery/transfer, as part of the fee will be used to cover the necessary delivery/transfer charges. Also included in the fee is the cost to cover insurance of documents that will be sent to you via courier Service. These policies have been put in place to check previously experienced mishandling and/or misappropriation of winners funds, we are obligated to act in line with these policies.

Considering that we cannot process your prize money without payment of the required charges, I advise that you arrange for the funds to be transferred as earlier instructed. If you can’t come up with this amount, or do not have the intention to pay this amount, your claims will be cancelled, and your funds returned back to Mercedes Benz Promotion Board as unclaimed.

Having known our conditions, if you wish to further your claims, kindly write back to us. Once I receive this, I shall send you complete details of payment for the required fee.

I await your prompt response. Your urgent reply will be most welcome.

We look forward to serving you better.

Best Regards,

Mr. Alrick Kelvin
    Director International Remittance Dept
    Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
    The Approved Bank for Benz Promotion Award.