Mercedes Publishing Inc / Sent out merchandise and billed without authorization

Mercedes Publishing (AKA Knowles Publishing) called our place of business aggressively marketing an OSHA manual. Never did we agree that we wanted this manual. It was sent out anyway. Trying to talk to customer service representative, Tim Kinder, was a nightmare. He was rude, he yelled, and then hung up, when we repeatedly stated that we did not order this manual and wanted to return it. Be careful with solicitors from this company. They will continue talking long after you have said no, asking to verify address, etc. Total scam.

Al

Comments

• Cl
      30th of Sep, 2009

I had the same problems and when I sent it back they stated they never got it and treated with attitude to send us to D and B for collections. Didn't care to hear anything else.

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2009

Last week I got a book from Knowles Publishing that I did not order listing an account number I never established. Although I did not have time to handle it last week, I will print out this complaint and use it with the NC Attorney General's Office if they give me a problem. Thanks for the warning!

• Al
      23rd of Nov, 2009

Agreed. Sent out material we did not request.