Mercedes Benz Canada / touted as &star-certified&
We purchased a "star-certified pre-owned Mercedes that
didn't meet MB Canada standards. Details below.
The authorized Mercedes selling dealer even changed our warranty start date on our purchase agreement 3 months after the purchase...without our signature!
Our so called "Star Certified" B200Turbo undisclosed vehicle history:
- another dealer indicated it was in an accident when hatch wouldn't open; car was out of alignment (toe and camber) resulting in zero outside tread in less than 3, 000 km
- evidence of repainting back end and front end was identified; 2 side mouldings loose, corrosion on shock towers, wheel well cover loose & fastener bolt
- no record of a number of issues recorded in MB database (transmission, front suspension, back window being replaced, AC not working, etc) provided
- selling Barrie dealer would not provide Star Inspection - apparently against corporate policy (not true)
- car had to be re-certified, this second dealer stated they would never have sold this car
- Barrie dealer told us the warranty start date was 07, our purchase agreement & star warranty stated 07 but the MB Canada database says 06
...car has made a horrible grinding noise when we turn left and it is cold since day 1... just informed that it needs a new differential.
My "pre-owned" car we should have confidence in has been in for service 8 days over the past 2 months. It pulled to left, made noise ever day, hatch wouldn't open and the warning system beeped at us for almost 3 weeks ..hatch is open...very annoying in stop & go traffic. It still isn't fixed & makes that noise.
Mercedes Benz Canada has responded and agreed to fix car (with much discussion) but promised reimbursements have not materialized and requests for these promises in writing have not been responded to.
Our request for extended warranty b/c of issues & history of vehicle is unknown has been ignored.
Mercedes Benz Canada President did not respond to request for assistance to rebuld our trust.
More Mercedes Benz Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Mercedes-Benz - Failed Heated Seat Causing Fire 
- Mercedes-benz South Africa - Repairs and servicing 
- Mercedes Benz Research & Development India Pvt Ltd. (MBRDI) - Wicked management, strict notice period 3 months 
- Mercedes Benz Of Tampa Bay - Discrimination based on race and sex!
- Mercedes-Benz - India - Frustrated and dejected customer service 
- Mercedes-Benz International - cla220 engine light
- Giza National Automotive (GNA) - Mercedes-Benz Egypt, Pyramids Heights Showroom - customer service complaint
- Mercedes-Benz International - repairs not being done because of lack of parts, or so they claim.
- Mercedes Benz - mercedes mechanics are fitters so never ever be without a maintenace plan ever
- Mercedes Benz of Vereeniging (New Vaal Motors) - engine light