Mercantilia / fraud//incompetence or both

1 SanFrancisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-262-4758

Ordered bunk bed on 12/12/08 Never heard from them again. When I call I hear music only. When I email I get no response. Once I got a human voice, but when I told him I want to cancel, he said "just a minute" and switched me to the music playing. Many, many others have posted same complaint.

Ga

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a platform bed and it came in with a dent in the frame. The customer service person asked that I sendphotos and codes of the boxes, which I did. Then I never head anything, so I emailed her several times and was told that she was in a new department and no longer handled this sort of theing. She said she would forward it to the correct person. Still no responce until she replied saying the same thing again.

It became too late to collect back from PayPal and my credit card company. So, I guess that's how they get you by delaying the process while the clock keeps ticking.

Beware
    Ron S.

• Re
      19th of Oct, 2009

I ordered a floor safe, the article was in the warehouse and would be shipped asap.I payed with my visa.After a few weeks there still was no shipment.After a few weeks asked them why delivery had nog yet taken place. I was told the item was still in the warehouse, but they could not tell me why they had not shipped .
    A while later i contacte mercantilia again nouw they told me the safe accidentaly shipped to canada instead of the netherlands.After that they did not reply to my mails anymore.I filed a dispute with my credit card company and am still trying to get my money back.
    Mercantilila is a fraudulent company, they are a bunch of crooks and thieves.
    Be ware of all their shell company's like http://www.homesafe-store.com/there are dozens of their company's on the internet.

Don't even think of doing bussines with this company they are horrible.

• Me
      25th of May, 2010

This company is the biggest ripoff on the internet we ordered a dresser in white the box said white but had cherry inside.They hide behind their url and wont reply.They just keep saying you ordered cherry.Everything in our future babies room is white.A 271.00 purchase and the credit our account 82.94.I hate this company and will dispute their fraudulent charges.

• Me
      25th of May, 2010

Mercantilia is a fraud

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2012
    Mercantilia - no product no refund
    mercantilia.com

I stupidly ordered a product from an unknown (to me) website source: Mercantilia. The product was a baker's rack -- price $108.99. I bought the item via PayPal on Jan. 26. The delivery date at that time was about a week. I waited -- and rechecked the order status. The delivery date had been changed to some time in May. I called the customer service department on Feb. 12. Website states its "Customer Service Team" is available by phone at that time. Um, actually the sales staff is there -- I could have purchased something, but no one was there to answer questions about a previously made purchases A "ticket" was opened. I called again on that Monday. I was told that -- first -- the order had to be cancelled at the warehouse (the warehouse had until May to be told that the order was cancelled.) I was told I would receive a refund within 5 to 10 business days. In fact, I was told I was to receive a refund last Monday (Feb. 13). I am still waiting. I called again today. Seeing all the complaints about this company makes me think I will not receive a refund. If I do receive a refund, I will post another comment. If I do NOT receive a refund, I will post another comment, call the Better Business Bureau, the folks at PayPal, and anyone who will listen. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS STORE. I have learned my lesson -- Amazon is where I usually do my online shopping. I will never spend money online again without researching the company thoroughly. Please -- learn from my error. Be careful buying things on the Internet. I should have known better. Of course, they should have provided the product or a refund on a timely basis. Stay tuned.