Mercantila / Refund Policy

1 665 Chestnut Street, 2nd Floor , San Fransisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-718-1710

I ordered a Haba Scribbel Desk on January 29, 2010 from Mercantila. The next day (Jan. 30th, 2010), I received an email stating that the product was not available and that I would be refunded.

I called customer service on Feb. 1st, 2010 and inquired about a refund of $617.50 to my debit card. Customer service stated that "Refunds take 10 business day, I know that's a long time."

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bur. on Feb 1st, 2010. I called Mercantila back and left a message with supposed supervisor, Andrew. I informed him that I was not willing to wait 10 days for a refund.

In all of my years of shopping on the internet, I have never encountered such an unethical, scuzzy, unprofessional, organization as this one. Mercantila's excuse for not refunding sooner than 10 business day..."The refunds are done manually." Sorry excuse!!! Not acceptable. Charging a customer for a product that's not even available...PRICELESS! My advice, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE. YOU WILL GET BURNED!

Comments

• Me
      8th of Feb, 2010

Hello nyphistraj,

My name is Kelly. I oversee Customer Service at Mercantila. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with Mercantila. I know you are frustrated, and I wish your concern had been resolved satisfactorily in a more timely manner.

Regarding your order, I am very sorry that you have not gotten resolution and confirmation of your cancellation. If you would please reply back to [protected]@mercantila-inc.com I will personally ensure that your refund is completed and your issues are resolved.

More broadly, I am working with my team to make many changes to improve our customer experience. Our priorities are ensuring we ship all products on-time, responding to customer inquires within 24 hours, on-shoring our call center, and providing our agents with better tools and training so they can assist customers with problems like yours much more quickly.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of me and my entire team. We take your feedback very much to heart, and we are doing everything possible to ensure this does not happen again.

Kelly