Mercantila / Fraud and scam

1 665 Chestnut Street, 2nd FloorSan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-268-4700

I paid $460 for my futon 4.2008. The person who took my order told me to await further instructions via email. I gave my email, which was confirmed via read back, to the sales person. I never received further instructions via email as is required by Mercantila's own policies.

I called back in 6.2008 to ask about my futon. Mercantila staff told me that Roadway was unable to deliver the item to me. Roadway never contacted me. Mercantilia staff, specifically Kitt, Steve Clark and especially Behe Nikhil, told me that I would have to pay an additional $800 (on top of the $460 that they acknowledged that they received) for me to get my futon.

In addition, Mr. Nikhel also stated that I would have to pay an additional $500 storage fee which would have made my $460 futon (including shipping and handling) $1760 or $1300 over the cost that had already been paid for.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I ordered a trampoline for my granddaugher and specifically noted I wanted it for Christmas. It did not arrive. I cancelled the order and received confirmation of the cancellation. I still have the email. Mercantila sent an email stating they have a no refund policy and that the item was sent. I wrote back to indicate they confirmed cancellation before the order was sent and I wanted a refund. They sent an email I would receive a refund. It did not happen. I trust it will not happen either after reading all these emails about the fraud they commit. Is there anything we can do to stop them from ripping people off beside writing emails?

Peggy McGraw

• Bu
      8th of Apr, 2009

Platformbed superstore - They are part of the Mercantila network. BUYER BEWARE. Mercantila has NUMEROUS complaints. An F rating on BBB (Better Business Bureau). Do NOT shop with anything that has to do with them.

• Bu

• Ho
      19th of Jun, 2009
    Mercantila - terrible business

Masai Fitness Power Recumbent Bike

It took us over an hour to put this bike together. In the end there was one cut wire, and something is desperately wrong with the bike. It is nearly impossible to turn the wheel and it sounds like something is grinding, way broken. Please refund us the purchase price immediately. From the looks of the packaging I believe you intentionally sent us a defective product that was likely already returned broken. If we do not hear from you within 10 days we are seeking all available legal recourse.

• La
      30th of Apr, 2013
    Mercantila - Charged my credit card did not receive merchandise
    California
    Maryland

Ordered white coffee table on April 10, 2013.
    Was suppose to receive it br April 22, 2013
    My American Express was charged $211.00.
    Did not receive table as of April 30th.

• Tr
    Mercantila - Faulty Merchandise &Terrible Customer Service
    Richboro
    Pennsylvania

I bought a trampoline from Mercantila in July. The enclosure has never fit and we have been trying to get a replacement ever since. We have been repeatedly lied to via email and over the phone. They keep promising to send an email with a return label and it never comes. We have even offered to ship it ourselves at our own expense and they won't provide an address. It truly has been the worst on-line shopping experience I have ever had. I so regret buying the trampoline from this company. They are absolutely horrible and offer no customer service what so ever!
    Avoid shopping here at all costs!

• Th
    Mercantila - Missing items & Damaged product
    California
    Phone: 800-718-1710
    mercantila.com

I ordered a platform bed frame off mercantila for $999. The product delieved was actually in damaged condition with some of the wood as well as a large hole in the white leather headboard that came with the bed. Not to mention they only sent me out 1 of the 2 nightstands that I ordered. I called and spoke with a representative who promised things such as partial money back on the bed due to damages and the shipment of the other night stand. She said I would recieve an email that day by one of their managers. I have recieved nothing in regards to my damages or missing furniture. I then spoke again to a gentleman at mercantila in customer service who was rude and unhelpful and unable to provide me with any help in speaking with a manager or how I can go about resolving this issuue with the company. Again, on my 3rd call the gentleman I spoke to said oh wow, yea it looks like nothing has been done with this. I was told the manager would be in within an hour and I would be getting an email in regards to the night stand shipment by the end of the buisness day. I still haven't recieved any emails from their company.

Nothing like spending a $1000 on a bed set and to have a complete missing night stand and damages to the bed!! Customer service that blows smoke with no promise of action behind their words.

I will NEVER deal with Mercantila again & will work to warn others. Steer clear of Mercantila.

• Tr
    Mercantila - Shipped wrong mattress
    Mercantila

Four form emails sent using Mercantila's recommended response over six days. Three telephone calls made to their '800" number and yet no one responds. Mattresses were shipped as a component of a Full over Full Bunk bed set. Twin mattresses received, yet no one will address this problem from Mercantila.

Hold times on their telephone number is long. People are courteous, but nothing is being done other than to mention that I have been placed as a priority on the stack for their manager. The personnel answering have no power to address the problem. Note that their guarantee states that a return answer would be receive within 24 hours.

• Me

Hello,

My name is Kelly, a Customer Service Manager at Mercantila. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you have had with Mercantila. I know that you are frustrated and I wish that it could have been resolved in a more timely manner. We are making many changes to create an improved customer experience, including ensuring we ship all products on-time, respond to customer inquires within 24 hours, on-shoring our call center and providing them with tools and training to help customers such as yourself.

Regarding your order, I am very sorry that you have not gotten resolution and received the correct mattresses for your order. If you would please reply back to escalations@mercantila-inc.com I will personally ensure that your refund is completed and your issues are resolved.

I hope that you will accept our sincerest apologies. We are doing everything possible to ensure that this does not happen again. We appreciate the feedback so we can address these issues and move forward.

Kelly

• Vj
    Mercantila - Non delivery of product
    Mercantila.com

Purchased girls bike on 12-28-2010 for an advertised in stock item with a week delivery. Received notice 2 weeks later of new shipping date 2-15-2011. Called on 2-7-2011 to confirm new date n they did. Received email on 2-14-2011 od new shipping date in mid march 2011. They were paid with pay pal on 12-28-2010. Called today spoke with a girl name Kizzy to demand refund n complained of mail fraud, she was hostile n hung up on me. Trying to resolve with pay pal now. Their seems to be many compliance on this company for similar fraud actions