Mepco Finance Corporation / Extended Warrantee

1 not sureRocky River, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 576-5113

I paid $2493.00 for a 84 month 125, 000 mile extended warranty on my 2002 Trailblazer, in June 2005.
I received a contract with the name of National Dealer Warranties and VSC Premier Extended Care Protection on it. I was making payments to a company named MEPCO.
On 28 October 2008 I needed my truck serviced, so I called the 800 number on the contract first and was told that all I needed to do was to take the vehicle to my chosen place of repair and give them my contract, so I took it to the dealer. Later that day, I got a call from the dealer and was told that the warrantee company wanted them to use it's part instead of a more costly GM part and would not pay for the price of the GM part. I decided to go with the cheaper warrantee company part and went to pick-up up my vehicle, because the part had to be mailed out and it could take a week. When I got to the dealer to pick up my truck, the dealer was acting very shady with me. I thought that it was because they could'nt sell me on the GM part.
The following morning I called the 800 # on my contract again and asked if I could take my truck somewhere else ( a national auto repair store ) and they said yes. Then the rep mentioned to me that TPA was in receivership! I would have to pay the repairs upfront and then be reimbusrt'd by the warrantee company.
When I bought this contract, I was told that it offered 100% payment for repairs with a $50.00 deductable. Now I'm finding out that that was a lie, because they are not going to pay the entire bill at all!
I had to get my vehicle repaired, because it needed a new hub assembly and ball joint so I could continue to drive it.
So now I'm sending in my paper work to see if I do get repaid. It isn't certain.
I'm retired and live on a very small fixed income. To say I'm pissed, would be putting it mildly.

Comments

26th of Mar, 2009

I bought my "extended warranty" from this company in Feb 2005 on a 2002 Trailblazer and then
    traded that in on a new car May 2006 and was told I would "refunded" the pro-rated amount for
    the contract. Three months went by and I hadn't heard anything so I contacted them again and
    was told that they were processing the refund but needed me a copy of the trade-in document along
    with a note stated the vehicle was no longer in my possession. Still, no word...I contacted them
    numerous times and everyone saw the notation on the account that it was to be cancelled but nothing
    had been done. FINALLY on Feb 14th 2008 I contact them again and was told she saw the documentation
    to cancel the contract but never received my cancellation notice. UGH!!! SO, I faxed it to her attention
    with a note stating car was traded in. Two weeks later I contacted her again and was told the refund was
    scheduled to go out on April and that someone would contact me with information regarding it. But
    nothing.

July 18th of 2008 I called that number again and left a message but received no return call...called
    again Aug 4th 2008...still no return call. The next time I called the number on my contract it said
    the company was in "receivership" with the state and nothing was being processed any longer. Continuing
    my quest I called again in Nov 18th 2008 and was told by Amanda that they had no record of my every
    requesting my contract be cancelled that she needed me to fax it again. I did that on March 2nd 2009
    and tried to call them today to follow up and the # is no longer in service. They owe me about $1300 at
    this point. SO, even though it's been a few years since this saga began, I'm not letting them walk just
    walk away from this without a fight. I suggest you do the same.

Honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action suit filed against them.

• Gw
      24th of Sep, 2009

My son and I both purchased Extended Care Protection from this company. When he took his vehicle in to get repaired, that is when we found out that they were in receivership and that he would have to pay upfront for repairs and then be reimbusrt'd by the warrantee company. We both cancelled our contract acccording to there terms. This was done in March of 08. We have not received any reimburstment as of yet. We both have called a number of time, only to be given the run around. I call today Sept24, 09 and was told that they are now making reimburstments payments and that they do not have any time frame for paying customers that have cancelled. This company(VSC Premier) sure ripped off a lot of people. I myself am retired and live on a fixed income. We purchased this protection for our vehicle so we wouldn't have to worry about paying for repairs only to get screwed. This company should be made to pay back all money owed with interest. There should be a class action suit filed against them

9th of Oct, 2009

I say we all get a lawyer and file a class action suit!! I had the same thing happen. I was told everything would be covered in my repair 100% and when it came time to get my car fixed they denied my claim and told me that I could take them to court if I wanted. They were very rude and very shady. This company is a total scam!!!
    Las Vegas, NV

• Mu
      24th of Aug, 2010

Wow, I just traded my car in thinking I would get a refund portion of the $2000 extended warranty the dealer tagged on me last year, which I never used. Now I'm perplexed knowing I'm sure not to see a refund coming... Count me in the group if anyone is willing to move forward with this.

ML