MenuPalace.com / Toronto web design company scammers!

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I own a restaurant in the Toronto area, it is doing ok, but we wanted to go online to get additional exposure, so June of 2007, we Contacted MenuPalace.com a Toronto based company they do advertising for the restaurant industry and build websites as well. we looked at the portfolio they had and contacted them to get a quote, they had a few different options we picked the $3200 package, gave them a cheque for %50 and postdated one for 45 days later and the remaining for 75 days after first payment, we were told that the website were going to be up even before the last payment was due. Now we are in March of 2008 and I have still no Websiteand they have $3200 of my money. I have been going back and forth with the people there, first I was told that everything was done inhouse, then I found out they are outsourcing to Russia and India. They claim they are the best when it come to website design for restaurants - and they have the best Restaurant directory in Toronto and North America, but they are nothing but scammers. I have now involved my Lawyer to get my money back, he said that the research shows they are several in the same boat as me. SO take this as a warning to never buy from this "Best Restaurant Web Design" .

Fr

Comments

10th of Mar, 2008

I'm in charge of multiple restaurant properties in Toronto and I'm kicking myself for not doing my due diligence with menupalace.com and their restaurant or hospitality web designs. The designs are barely ok but we lost a substantial marketing oppportunity due to the typical menupalace.com arrogant behaviour regarding timeframes. These guys think that the world revolves around them. I had to threaten our solicitor to get any action out of them. I over paid (my fault) but boy did they under deliver!

Anyhow "caveat emptor" as the old latin expression goes.

• Al
      20th of Mar, 2008

Wow, I cannot agree more with the above statement, I also went to menupalace.com to get a site done for my restaurants, I own several of them around the city so I needed a multiple concepts done, the sales guy was great and sold it to me very well, but that was it, never heard from him again. After a year of waiting I have had enough of them. let me know if anyone else out there have had the same issue post it here. we need to stop this now..

• Pa
      29th of Apr, 2008

I was pretty surprised to read these comments. I have had 3 websites done by this company and have never had any problems. I also market my restaurants on menupalace and get very very good results.

2nd of May, 2008

I also have a restaurant in Toronto, and these guys designed my website too. It took them 2 months to design it, but the end result is very very nice. Beat my expectations for sure.

I also advertise on menupalace now, and I have to say, it is the best advertising dollars I have ever spent. I get a lot of business from their website.

• Mi
      16th of May, 2008

Do I ever agree with the first statement, they are the worst company to deal with a bunh of idiots, sorry I am sooo upset, I should have done my research before dealing with them.. I just did a search for MenuPalace.com scam, and MenuPalace.com spam.. And wow they have people all over the web pissed off at them, including me, they have $4500 of my money, I had a site done.. good job, took 8 months.. that right 8 months, but the end result was ok.. Anyway, then they tell me to advertise this site on their directory.. What a joke, i am spending $350 evey month and getting nothing for it.. They are not even in my top 10 on the statistics I get every week.. Then I tried to cancel, and they threatened me with lawsuit and collections and I would be put out of business.. my ### out of business.. I have dealt with worse guys than these small time losers.

DONT EVER DEAL WITH THEM.. MENUPALACE.COM SCAM.

• Ju
      27th of May, 2008

I own a small restaurant in Little Italy, and I have to say that marketing it on menupalace is the best marketing money I ever spent. They are always my number 1 or number 2 refferer in terms of traffic to my website. And when I ask customer how they found my restaurant, at least once a day I hear menupalace.

They also made my website, and they did it quickly, and the end result is a very nice website.

6th of Jul, 2008

I am so happy I doid my research before buying a website from Menupalace.com. I was speaking with one of their sales guys, and he told me, they would be able to design a custom website in less than a month, when I called MenuPalace.com back to book the custom website design they are advertising, and told the salesguy, that it should be stated in the contract that the site would be done with in tat time frame - he then continued to tell me they have so many customers, and they had numerous testimonial from happy clients, so I called a few of their web customers, and let me tell you. People are not happy. They called scam artists, and all Menupalace.com are looking for is the signature on the paper, after that they dont keep their side of the bargain.

Anyway, I didnt wanted to write this as a complaint but more as a headsup for all of you who are looking for a good website design company. If you know of someone good, let me know, I am still looking to have a site done.

All the best,

Chuck

• Ji
      26th of Aug, 2008

Menupalace is by far the most professional advertising company I have ever dealt with. I have 4 restaurants in the GTA and menupalace designed the websites and advertises the websites. I am very happy with the web design. They completed everything on time. Now I am getting a lot of business from the marketing.

• Re
      8th of Dec, 2008

I am happy I did my research on this company, their portfolio looks great but after digging around for information on them you see how they scam Toronto Restaurant and how they fool people to believe they have good Marketing for Restaurants in Toronto, I found this article http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpposted/archive/2008/04/14/four-gta-businesses-nabbed-in-anti-piracy-software-sting.aspx. YOu can see how they are using piracy software to create their websites for restaurants in Toronto, I also found out the own mgpowers.com another webdesign scam website.

• Ra
      13th of Jun, 2009

It's funny how all the positive comments on this blog sounds so much alike, I mean that the language sounds the same. Have a look, the majority of them use the word "also" and they tend to mention the turnaround time and advertisement. Suspicious if you ask me

• Ho
      11th of Dec, 2009

They say they are the best place to find Toronto fine dining restaurants, Ha, I can't seem to understand why they are even called Restaurant marketing consultants, I have a Restaurant in Toronto, Richmond Hill and Mississauga, and have been advertising on this Restaurant Guide for 6 months now and have not had one lead from them. Not only do I not like Menupalace.com as a restaurant marketing vehicle, but the people there are so rude. They only want your money and couldn't care less about your business. And look at me now, I am tied in to a 12 month contract for 3 restaurants paying $400/month each with no results. Thank you Menupalace.com you useless "Toronto Restaurant Guide"

• Qu
      26th of Dec, 2009

MenuPalace.com are SPAMMERS. Do not ever adverttise with them -- I will never ever patronise a business that uses them. I get a dozen SPAM from them a WEEK and they refuse to remove me from their SPAM database. THEY ARE THE ### OF THE INTERNET.

• At
      19th of Mar, 2010

I advertised with them for some time and got a few visitors but not enough to cover what I was spending with them.. So I cancelled the advertising for the Restaurant. They didn't allow me to cancel, and said the were going to take me to court.. On top of that they took down my website, that I had already paid for. I have never met a company this greedy and out to get every penny they can from anyone.. They are disgusting to deal with. I hope this Toronto Restaurant Advertising Company will rot in hell for what they are doing.. MenuPalace.com you SUCK... Thanks to whoever started this thread.. I hope other people will read this before they consider doing any business with Menupalace.com.

• Fo
      22nd of May, 2010

Menupalace.com buyer be very aware. These bandits are not to be trusted. Scraping my content and images is a big no-no in my book. Then they approached me for money not a chance instead I filed DMCA complaint and contacted their domain host.