Mentoring Of America / fraud

My story is much the same as everyone elses. We did go to a couple properties and one in Arkansas was underwater and the other in New Mexico that was lake side however, the road was so narrow only one car would fit, if it rained or snowed you couldnt get out, the property was on a very slanted hillside and no power. We did everything that was asked of us and nothing produced. When you try to ask your teacher or couch any questions it was always "Times up gotta go" and they told you to do the same things every session. The states they claim are deed states are in fact not. You have to hang on to the property for a year so the owners have a chance to reclaim. When you tell the Beck people that they say "sell it on a ebay quick sale and get rid of it". So, you sell it to someone else and then they loose it or end up in court with the owners. Then they come back after you? Heck no, they want to to make a corp which has limited protection. How moral is that? Not to mention they want upwards of 2500.00 more dollars to corp. When you question them about that, it changes to well find addresses of forclosed people and bomb them with letters to let you pay what they owe to take their place. Has anyone checked out the vault? there are no pictures of any of the properties, the bid's are actually back taxes that are wrong anyway either the people paid them or they are way high. And alot of them there are no auctions really going at all. So, you call and complain once more and get the same circle of words and no help. You get phone numbers to places all over the place from Florida, Utah and California and they don't know each other. Nobody seems to know anything. Your left in debt on your credit card and not one thing to show for it. I would like the media to do a piece on this company and talk to us who have been taken. My husband and I are retired and on a fixed income. We believed what the recuiter said and joined the program and spent not just the 5 to 10 hours a week on the computer as we were told it was all we need to do to over 30 or more hours a week not counting the sessions which were a big waste of time. I have tapes of every conversation and every session and every complaint. I have proof of the so called properties they claim are up for grabs that are in fact not. I have lots of things if some one wants to pick up on it and help us all get our monies back. And the different charges I noticed that they charged everyone I guess depending how much you had on your card.

Ti

Comments

• Bi
      20th of May, 2009

I understand the angst, where consumers have been frauded, I myself worked for a mentoring company and genuinlly believed I was helping people, the longer I was there the more I understood how devious these companies are and not only to the consumer but the employees as well, usually naive "dupes" like myself who "can't find a real job". It may sound like a cop-out, but there are ways to put these cons out of business. Part of the reason they exist is that there aren't many "real" call centers anymore. Many jobs have been outsourced over seas and here the Utah(the land of MLMs and mentoring companies, employers would rather use an out of state call center than hire people from their own town. This attracts desperate people who, literally can't find a real job, because those companies have packed up and moved on. In addition, many business people love to insource inexpensive help as well. The bottom line is it is easy to blame the villain. I have a suggestion, Yes let's do something about all the call centers that misrepresent. However; let's start with the business itself. If telemarketing firms and inside sales operations were required to adequatly train their employees(instead of telling them what to say just to make a sale), If telemarketing firms were regulated more by local watchdog agencies(as they are in Kansas and some other states, and if these firms performed through criminal background checks and didn't hire ex-cons and "people on paper(many people in calls centers either live in half way houses or have lived in half way houses and are real cons, this is why call centers love them so much they are desperate to find work to avoid prison and they are easily controlled), things would be alot better. I have worked in some phone rooms where the number of people who had never been incarcerated(such as myself) was actually a minority. One place, in California, had reps smoking marijuana in the bathrooms and threats of physical violence were not uncommon.(I actually left having just been promoted because of the stench of weed in the bathrooms.) So suck it up folks. Stop looking for the boogeymen out there. Some of you need to look in the mirror to find the real problem and that's not passing the buck. Yes were are in a recession, and yes there are a lot of varmints in sheeps clothing offering economic salvation to its new diciples. However, if we " red blooded Americans" would actually start practicing the Godly principles we ( and yes I am a Mormon) folks here in Utah love to preach, then maybe we would see a real recovery, both economic, and spiritual

• Ke
      13th of Aug, 2009

I invested nearly $10, 000 overall with the LLC and Accounting Services in spring of 2007. I kept thinking it was me who didn't follow through with the program. The truth is, after reading so many stories like this one since, I believe now I'm not completely to blame. It is a complete scam...one that's allowed infomercial time on a regular basis. I read there was a documentary exposing John Beck Corp. a few months ago. Come to think of it...I haven't seen any of the infomercials in a while. Would be fair if a Class Action Lawsuit could possibly recover my money...that is now my huge credit card debt. I've been switching credit card companies for 2 years now trying to get another 0% or a better rate. It's insane the amont of money that has been scammed if they were able to pull 10K from me alone!
    I'm the gullible one who let this happen though, I feel responsible for being basically naive, and wanting a "get rich quick" plan to work for me. As the old adage goes, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is!". When you break down $6500 for 10 coaching sessions, that's $650 an hour. Who ever pays that for a buisness education? Needless to say that 4 or 5 sessions into it I felt ripped off. The plan I was to follow was this: find a lot of properties...ooops! Question? How do you start knowing where to look for properties?...answer: go on Ebay and start a spread sheet on what's selling say for a month. Well guess what? Not very much is selling! Not even back in 2007. Frustrating? Very much so. Then they proposed writing a letter to as many property owners as possible to have them sign a quick claim deed over to you. What a joke! At that moment I felt incredible stupid for handing them(John Beck) any money at all. I'm so sorry the racket is still in operation!

• Pa
      17th of Nov, 2009

I had purchased John Beck in 11/2007 and started the Mentoring of America in 4/01/08 . I paid and waited for my sessions, totally pumped up for the first session. 1st session the coach called and asked me where I was located, I told her I was in the Pacific islands.She immediately told me that she needed to hang up and that she needed to check on something, so she calls me back and says everything's okay...Pretty much our coaching sessions were a daze because #1 I couldn't understand a word she said because she was talking so fast and also I couldn't ask any questions while she was talkiing so I complained and asked for another coach, an MOA rep told me that she may be the only one available because of the time I had requested for my sessions.After complaining and much fustration I had asked for a refund and that is when this process took over a year. Out of the $2230.00 I had paid they could only refund $500.00 for what I have already recieved which were, bad coaching sessions and cheap materials .So in total I have spent 1730.00 for 3 coaching sessions and materials.So I would break it down as $80.00 for Materials and $550.00 per 45min session. I think I need to look for a job at MOA.Hmmmm.
    So I understand that maybe I may be the one that could have been gullible, but when you sell a product and different complaints come out of it than I can understand, but this is the same complaint everyone is putting in so is there a Consumer Bureau that is available for this knd of cases? I hope that they go out of business for taking peoples money and not putting forth a product that is worth what you have spent, and this Mentoring of America is a TOTAL JOKE...because I am sure these people think that they know what they are talking about...So for all you Pacific Islanders out there WATCH OUT FOR JOHN BECK AND ESPECIALLY IF MENTORING OF AMERICA IS INVOLVED DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME...YOU WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL WITH THIS PROGRAM BECAUSE THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY AND WHEN IT IS TIME FOR YOUR SESSIONS THEY DON'T CARE IF YOUR MAKE IT THROUGH OR NOT...

• Ex
      2nd of Apr, 2010

I worked for mentoring of america for five years. Is it a scam, yes, are salespeople encouraged to oversell the value of the coaching, absolutely. I have been one of the program "senior directors" and have sold millions of dollars worth of coaching services. I can say that out of the hundreds and hundreds of people I sold I had one person do a deal and make 5k back on her 15k investment into coaching. People need to realize that today the company is on the verge of collapse they have been forced to shut down multiple locations and now have only two office's in Chatsworth ca and in Phoenix Arizona. If you have talked to Tobey Waggonner or Zach Rappleye then you have been scammed. As general managers they have made millions of dollars making 20-25% off their sales and an override on all company sales. Between the two of them they have single-handedly driven the company into the ground by encouraging the use of deceptive sales practices by underlings working below them. While most former employees have quit, been laid off or moved on, Tobey and Zach continue to sale the thin air that is mentoring of america.

• Le
      27th of Apr, 2010

This is how to get your money back from John beck, also known as "mentoring of America" You go to a website called: [redacted] dot com

Then you file a complaint on John beck, just briefly mention what they did to you (don't worry this website knows exactly who they are) Then what happens is that this [redacted] website will contact john beck and you will get a call from them, they will automatically give you a full refund. Just be prepared to explain to them briefly what happened, but they will treat you with respect and give you all your money back. That is because they are registered on [redacted] and don't want to look bad or get in more trouble.

If you got a call from their affiliates: Strategic Financial, for their Tax and LLC service, which is also a scam, then include them as well in the John Beck complaint you write to [redacted] and you will get helped as well.

It doesn’t matter if years have passed, you will still get helped and get your money back.

• Ri
      4th of Nov, 2010

Tina,

We are sorry for you. We also got ripped off by Jeff Paul and Mentoring of America.
    There is a HUGE complaint by the Federal Trade Commission against these thieves.

Here is a copy of the filed complaint directly from the FTC website!!