Mens Warehouse / POOR SERVICE!

1 Oakdale, MN, United States Review updated:

We went to Mens Warehouse because it was a nationwide store and we had groomsmens in three different state. That was a BAD idea. The tux arrived the day before the wedding which was a REALLY BIG HASSLE to gather everyone up considering it was already so busy. When we got there all the tux fitted wrong. One was too short on the arms, one was wayy big on the chest, one was too short on the length of the pants, and the grooms tux looked like a refurbish tux. The lady blamed it on the people who altered the tuxedos and sent it to them. She said she would fix the lengths of what was needed but couldnt do anything about the big gap on the one tux with a big chest. I was angry because we paid $150 for these. We couldve gone elsewhere and gotten better service and better quality. On the day of the wedding the one grooms tux looked over-sized for him. While another one didnt even get altered because he looked like a penguin walking around because the arm lengthe was still wayyyyy to short. It was awful and embarassing.

And get this. Two tux werent returned on time because of the wedding ending so late. When I went in to return it and to pay for the late fee the lady had us wait and wait while she tended to other customers. She then finally assisted us. She opened one of the tux and said okay, thats it, youre good to go. Me and my aunt were confused at the time because we wanted to pay for the fee but she didnt say anything about it. I figure she was going to take it from the deposit at this point, which was fine. Instead, the grooms with those two late tuxedos got a call from this lady an hour later saying they had to go back in and pay for the late fee. Let me remind you, the drive is at least 20 minutes. The grooms then called me and I called the lady back to have a few words. She was rude. She told me, "well, you wouldve had to wait til I helped the other customers", I told her I'd rather wait then to hassle someone else to have to drive all the way back. I told her thats the purpose I came in was to pay for the late fee. I'm sure she only apologized because she had to.

I would never trust this place ever again for any kind of service. The people were rude, didnt get the job done, and were not responible. It was a waste of money.

Pi

Comments

• Ab
      19th of Jan, 2009

I too had a HORRID experience at Men's OUThouse this week (I say OUT house because they are OUT of everything!)

So we go in 2 weeks ago Saturday to order 5 suits for a wedding and a father of the bride suit in a different style and color. We have everyone measured who is in town and the others I have their measurements. Well they are TOOOO happy to take my CASH PAYMENT for ALL of them, and ASSURED me that our suits would be in NEXT Saturday. Well, I call the morning they are due in, and the guy who helped us "doesn't work there anymore" and the manager is tied up. (Too bad it wasn't literally!) Well, when he finally calls me our suits are on back order.

So they keep telling me, 'the suits will be in Saturday' and now they are on back order?!

I was not happy. First, they had my money, then they lied to me about them being in.

I then went in the store and requested a full refund. I'd had ENOUGH!

Well suddenly, they were going to "find some suits" for us. Ah, how very helpful! But I said no, that's okay, just issue my FULL refund! Oh, did I see some people dancing around that store?! They offered us FREE alterations, FREE shipping, you name it. Even a FREE shirt. I still said NO!

Needless to say, the manager sadly refunded my $2750. And kept begging us to ALLOW him to find us the suits. NOPE! I was done. They'd lied to us about the suits even being in stock and that was not right.

So we walk out the door, and the managers came running out. THEY FOUND OUR SUITS IN THE ALTERATIONS CLOSET! So all along, our suits were in the store!

I kept walking and I advise you to do the same.

We ended up going to Nordstrom and got FANTASTIC service, free alterations and free shipping to the guys who didn't live here. AWSOME!

• Ca
      27th of Oct, 2009

I work for a Men's Wearhouse in Ohio and I can ASSURE you that it is not a COMPANY problem, the experience's you both had sound like a problem at the store level with those certain employee's not taking their job seriously or even knowing what the heck their doing! Our company has over 1, 000 stores nationwide! So of course not EVERY customer is going to have a fabulous experience EVERY time. That is def the goal though! SO I apologize on behalf of whatever employee's or store you have been to that made your experience so bad!

• Mb
      23rd of Feb, 2010

Overpriced and mediocre men's clothing. This place has nothing that unique in either fashion or value. Men could do better at Sims.

• Ko
      28th of Mar, 2010

I took a tux back a day late and was charged $21.20 for it, for ONE day... then was told after I said I didn't have it, that I could take the tux back and they would waive a second day late charge. WHAT?!?!?!?! They could waive a second day but not the first? Completely ridiculous, what a ripoff!!! I'll never shop there again.

20th of Jun, 2010

store 3301 menswearhouse will steal your money don't go there, they offer a 90 day return policy and they dont give you a return, the manager ( cheri supertino ) is a rude person i will never buy anything in that store again!!! they will take your money but if you are not completely satisfy they wont return your money!!! beware i f they do a small alteration to the suit you own the suit!!!

• Fr
      17th of Sep, 2010

I am getting married on tommorow, sept 18, 2010 i have a total of 14 men and boys renting tux and suits, everyone went in before the dead line for fitting, out of the 14 fitted 7 of them had to have thier suits or tux altered because of improper measurements, i still have 3 of my friends that cant pick them up until the day of the wedding because of mens warehouses poor measurements skills. one of my groomsman went to pick his tux after the first fitting, it was to baggy on him and the person working there told him " your just renting you have to deal with it" . i called the corporate building to complain of the poor service and about 7 of 14 not measured correctly. i suggested mens warehouse picks up the tab of the rental, but they said that isnt gonna happen. they said when everyone returns their suits and tux to call them back and they will see what they can do to compensate me and my men. they also said that maybe i wont be so frustrated once we all get to the wedding and have our pictures taken and everything is fitting perfect... they obviously dont get the point, why should we have to go back and forth because of thier mistakes in measuring...frustated customer...

• Rh
      18th of Oct, 2010

This was the worst place to rent a tux from. Wedding was on 10/15/2010, the one tux did not have the correct size shirt for the father of the bride. He talked with a girl at the store and told him to come back tomorrow for the shirt it would be in the next morning. Father of the bride went and waitted up to the time of the wedding to hear oh sorry it will not be in today. He had to go buy a shirt from another store, so the tux rental plus another 35.00 for the shirt. The shoes are like for a courpose hurt all the mens feet could feel every pebble on the ground, plus blisters. None of the pants fit correct for any of the guys, some to big some to small. what a mess!!! None of the tux matched the other, some had bib vest others have reg vest. So none of the guys could take there jackets off. I can not belive they are still in business. They sure do not hold true to there logo.
    When we returned the tux and told them about the problems there were with the tux I guess all employees from what I have read all are trained to give the customer a attitude. But I think this is the best one I got I was told well I am a millionaire from my estate and I really don't need to be working here so i don't really care, if it makes you feel any better I can give you a card to call someone it might make you feel better but they won't do any more for you then I just did. Great way to run a business. Well word of mouth does alot and i hope to pass this to every groom who might be thinking of renting from them. Will send them over to Dante. Very fustrated customer.

• Wi
      27th of Apr, 2011

"Current tuxedo rental prices are 99.99-149.99 for an "all inclusive" package."

Is that before or after the $40.00 coupon?

Mens wearhouse has quite a gimmick going on.

Tuxedo rental for prom is $59.00 - $ 149.00 as quoted over the phone. I get their and it's $ 161.00 not including the $ 7.00 damage mandatory waiver fee.

Here's how it works. They mail you a $ 40.00 off coupon.
    The price they quote over the phone for $ 149.00 is really $ 179.00 with $ 30.00 off from the coupon that you didn't tell them you have.
    Then when you give them the coupon they only take off $ 10.00 because they already took off $ 30.00

WHAT????????????????????????

So my $ 161.00 less the $ 40.00 coupon is $ 127.00 plus tax, and waiver fee for a total of $ 137.37 maybe. Because final tax can not be determined until the rental is picked up. All the while they led me to believe I could get a $ 149.00 tux for $ 100.00.

My complaint: quote the dame price as it is $ 179.00 and ask if I have a coupon. Stop playing these games. Then they wonder why customers are nasty.

• Wi
      27th of Apr, 2011

"Current tuxedo rental prices are 99.99-149.99 for an all inclusive package."

Is that before or after the $40.00 coupon?

Mens wearhouse has quite a gimmick going on.

Tuxedo rental for prom is $59.00 - $ 149.00 as quoted over the phone. I get there and it's $ 161.00 not including the $ 7.00 damage mandatory waiver fee.

Here's how it works. They mail you a $ 40.00 off coupon.

WHAT????????????????????????

• Cj
      27th of Jan, 2015

I visited the Collin Creek location in Plano Texas on 1/14/15 @ 2:35pm.
    I went into the location to rent a tuxedo for which I received good service. When being measured for the tuxedo the gentleman would relay the measurements to the woman working the Tuxedo rental desk. She appeared not to be paying attention, when asked by my wife if she had gotten the correct measurements. The woman replied that she had indeed captured the correct information.
    I received an email on the January 26, 2015 stating the tuxedo was ready for a fitting at the Collin Creek location. Upon arrival I was excited about the fitting, and the fact that the tuxedo was ready sooner than promised. To my surprise the jacket shelves were extremely long, and the jacket appeared wrinkled as if it had just been removed from a clothes dryer. The buttons had been adjusted to the fit, but the holes remained in the original location. The slacks were too tight and too short. I generally require a 30 length pants. So for the pants to be too short was shocking. I wondered how the measurements captured for the tuxedo could be so far off.
    The sales associate provided me the shirt to try next. To my horror and surprise the shirt appeared to be dingy-not white as expected. I asked if I could try a different shirt due to the color of the shirt. I was told no that this is just the way rented shirts looked. I then asked if Men’s Warehouse was in the business of renting dingy –looking shirts when the company sells shirts daily.
    My wife insisted that I rent a tuxedo from Men’s Warehouse for my daughter’s formal Sweet 16 Birthday Bash. This a major milestone both in my family and my life. Introducing my youngest daughter as a young woman is a very big deal. I felt as if I was being Punk’d for a television show. This could not really be the tuxedo I was measured for. I looked like Curly from the Three Stooges, or someone out of a cartoon.
    I turned to the gentleman fitting my tuxedo and asked if he felt the suit look right to him. He responded the suit looked fine. When he said yes and I repeated myself once again, assuming he had not heard my question. He responded again, yes it fits fine. I advised him that the pockets were gaping open and the slacks were too tight and too short. He said well sir we will have to get a larger size, then. I am a professional mature gentleman, when I need professional clothing I go to Men’s Warehouse. My father took me to Men’s Warehouse to purchase my first adult suit; your company is a tradition in my family. All of the Jones men purchase their suits, tuxedos, slacks, and dress shirts from your company. When entering a location, I have always been greeted and treated with respect from professional salesmen, until yesterday. I had the choice to go to any run of the mile tuxedo rental company. I wanted to work with a professional sales staff, in a wonderful atmosphere, with quality clothing, so I chose Men’s Warehouse.
    I could not believe that a person who calls himself a sales professional would recommend that kind of fit to any customer, let alone a long term customer. I decided to purchase a white shirt, because I did not want to appear poorly groomed on my daughter’s big day. After purchasing the shirt the gentleman asked a young lady to give me the change from the purchase. When she returned, I had my hand extended to receive the monies, she just placed my change on the table and walked away.
    Is this a way of treating a customer? This is one of the rudest gestures a sales person could do to a customer.

I have been in Retail Sales for over 20 years, handing customers issues and making things right. If I ever observed one of my associates treating a customer in that manner. I would have immediately taken some sort of corrective action up to and including termination. I have been a very loyal customer for many years to have received this level of service is deplorable, unacceptable, and unprofessional.
    I would like to hear back from someone from your corporation.
    my email address is cottrelandkimjones@gmail.com