Menards / ultradeck

1 St Joseph, MO, United States Review updated:

After we decided to spend more on our decking than using normal wood, we were shocked when after about 4 days, the decking had faded to WHITE! It just took a few days...not years, DAYS! When I called to complain, they explained that it faded BY DESIGN! They pointed out that their brochure showed this very clearly.

So, I found the brochure and found that ALL OF THE PICTURES are of the UNFADED ultra deck. However, on one page in a very small photo, it says the decking will fade. I asked them why all of their pictures were of the unfaded wood? They had no answer. They also explained that the company that manufactures the ultra deck is owed by Menards.

I asked for some kind of compensation and they basically said NO WAY, we designed it this way. I explained that I could understand fading after about 10 years...not 10 days. They didn't care.

I have no idea if other composite decking fades this way, but do your homework. We should have... Here are some pictures

Ry
May 27, 2013

Comments

• Se
      6th of Jul, 2013

I just purchase the ultra deck handrails and spindles to replace wooden ones on my deck. I'm fairly handy as I've built a couple of houses, do all my own work, etc BUT the ultradeck handrail system is not for the inexperienced. The metal inserts fit well in the handrail when empty, but when you have spindles in place you cannot slide it in place without a whole lot of gymnastics. The product looks nice but unless you are fairly experienced in these types of difficulties, purchase another brand or hire a professional to install it for you.