Menard's Inc / Cheats and steals

Menard's Inc
I purchased 4 items from Menard's on June 3, 2009. These items were for the repair and replacement of a broken sump pump. As it turned out my pump was only jammed and did not need replacement. I tried to return the items to the store only to be told I would not get a refund. I did not have the receipt and they said they could not find any copy of it in their files and that in fact they had not sold any of these items during the month of June. My bank statement shows otherwise. These items were unopened and unused. This seems to be a continuing theme with Menard's. Time and time again they try their best to cheat customers. The list of complaints nationwide continues to grow, yet they don't seem to care. The best way to deal with this is to no longer shop there, but I would still like a refund.

Assistant manager Dan lied about the items not being sold and in fact tried to keep the item I walked in with. Calling Menard's HQ is no help either. They have out up a wall on incomprehensible procedures to prevent any response to a customer.

More Menard's Inc Complaints & Reviews

Plus [Resolved] Menard's Inc - Unethical lifetime warranties on kitchen faucets

D  14th of Jul, 2009 by
I have been a customer of Menards since 1987 and have NEVER had a problem with their return policies!
D  18th of Aug, 2009 by
I was in fact at the store you were trying to return the items to, and am an employee there, and actually do remember you trying to return them. Our policy with returns is that you MUST have your receipt with you, and if you don't have it with you can look it up at one of our handy kiosks located by the entrance doors. If you do not have your receipt with you, you may either return the merchandise for an in-store credit, also at the lowest sale price within the past six months, or you may keep your items. There is no other way to return them. I'm sorry that you feel this way towards Menards, but it isn't our fault that you did not hold on to your receipt and then could not find it. Thank you for listening.