Menards / special bag discount is a rip-off!

Menards is having a sale where you get 17% off everything that you put in a special bag. I purchased an item that would only fit half-way in the bag and they refused to give me the discount. This has happened to me before. Some good did come of it though as all 10 of us at work today chuckled about it all day. Enjoy the $3.00 Menards you must need it worse than I do. Too bad your pettiness will end up costing you hundreds in lost business. Poor customer service is the key cause of a business to self-distruct and Menards is well on the way.

Va

Comments

• Ca
      26th of Feb, 2007

The bag states that the product must fit inside the bag. It can be twice the height though. If there weren't rules...they might as well just give everyone 17% off everything.

• Li
      11th of Dec, 2007

OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NEED THE THREE DOLLARS, OR YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM FOLLOWING THE RULES.

• Me
      30th of Apr, 2008

The rule is the item can be half way out of the bag as long as it is resting at the bottom of the bag. It can not be on top of other items.

• El
      16th of Feb, 2009

Poor customer service!! What!?!?! Yes, the rules state that the items must be no taller than twice the height of the bag with the bottom of the item touching the bottom of the bag. I have had people rip an entire bag apart and try to tell me that just because some part of the bag was touching the item, they should get the discount. We did not have a bag sale in 2008 because too many people were taking advantage of it. And trust me, we are not going to take your three dollars and run with it.