Memorial Dentist / Unfair fees, horrible service, do not go here!

1 14925 Memorial Dr. Suite 102Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-558-8888

DO NOT GO HERE!

My husband's insurance changed to Delta so we decided to go here since it was close to our home; would be more out of pocket using our regular dentist of 2 years (Dr. Armstrong which is fabulous). What a mistake!!! Right away, Dr. Fleury and the hygienist suggested deep cleaning and claimed my husband had periodontitis. Then was ready to proceed with the procedure without asking for my husband's procedure; basically so you need this... let's get started. Also, Dr. Fleury spent much time poking around and provided over $1100 out of pocket treatment plan which he really does not need!!! I suggested that he just get really cleaning and leave, the Dr looked very disappointed. My sister is a pedo dentist and my brother-in-law is orthodontist and advised us to have the x-rays released which is free unless a copy is made then it's $35. Well, the receptionist says we had to pay $35 and they do not give out original xrays!!!

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DENTAL PRACTICE WE'VE EVER BEEN TO AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO THERE, THEY DO NOT USE CONSERVATIVE METHOD AND WILL ADVISE YOU FOR TREATMENTS THAT IS NOT NECESSARILY NEEDED!

Comments

• Te
      1st of Sep, 2010

Are you certain that x-rays can be released in original form? In Texas a dentist must retain originals for 7 years and can only release copies, which they are allowed to charge for.

• My
      15th of Feb, 2011

I am a licensed dentist in Texas, and I can tell you that in Texas, the original xrays are the property of the dentist by law. The doctor is required to keep them on file. A copy must be made if the patient requests, and the fee is set by law, not by the dentist. You can verify this by visiting the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners website, where you can read the law for yourself. You will notice the fee for duplicating xrays as well as for providing copies of the patient chart are clearly spelled out in the law. Many adults have periodontal disease, and your husband may very well need treatment, but if you do not feel comfortable, go get a second opinion. You do have to pay for the duplicate xrays though, it's the law.