MembersEdge.com / Shady business practices!

Members Edge - www.MembersEdge.com

I received an extra amount on my October "07 Qwest phone bill for $19.95. I called Members Edge and they claimed that their electronic signature put them in the clear! I never signed up for any service with them. the girl I talked with was very rude and said I had to have a police report to get the account credited! She claimed that they had sent me a letter, and that since i never replied that that meant that I wanted the service! Of all the shady things!! Then she claimed that they had sent me an activation number, which I never received. You would not think that any of this is legal, well it shouldn't be!!! I hope enough people complain and shut this business down and all their underhanded schemes!

Va

Comments

Je
  9th of Nov, 2007

Yes, well at least some one had a phone # to call to complain to. I had one when i was signed up by mistake but i thought after talking to them and canceling the service that it would be o k to throw out the #. Now i realize i was a fool cause now its on my phone bill. It WILL BE REMOVED OR THEY WILL BE PAYING FOR MORE THAN JUST THE LOSS OF 19.95. So get off your ### members edge or you WILL BE SLAPPED WITH A LAW SUIT YOUR NOT GOING TO WANT!!!

Na
  23rd of Nov, 2007

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR 2 MONTHS ON MY ATT
BILL. I NEVER ORDERED VOUCEMAIL FROM MEMBERS EDGE...I HAVE TALKED TO THEM 3X...VERY RUDE AND NASTY. WAS TOLD I WOULD GET A CREDIT.....NO CREDIT HAS BEEN ISSSUED.
WHAT IN THE WORLD DO WE DO TO GET THIS STOPPED?????

I GUESS A LAWSUIT IS THE NEXT THING. THIS IS DDFINITELY FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er
  22nd of Feb, 2008

Currently I am disputing a charge that I just found out about that has posted to my mother's phone service for over a year. I have spoken with a Pauline Pleasant (General Operation Manager) who is very adament about the fact that my mother signed up and activated a Voice Mail account. I find this hard to believe since my mother has voice mail on her home phone through the phone compnay as well as voice mail on her cell phone though the same phone compnay ATand T. I fully intend to contact the Better Business Bureau, as well as an attorney.

Ju
  7th of May, 2008

I totally agree with all of the complaints above!! I didn't request for members edge and the phone bill is in my mother-in-laws name and they said"they can cancel but they will not give me a credit"! I think that's a bunch of CRAP !!! I can see if I requested something like that but I didn't. I think that I would remember something that major. I am not a business so why would I need those kind of services. People need to beware of people like members edge and pass the word about them. I don't need voice mail or any other services like that.

Ko
  2nd of Mar, 2009

i just received my att phone bill. to my surprise i found that i was billed monies that i didnt authorize. i checked my last months bill and found that this is the first billing of this so called charge. i spoke with someone at att and they gave me the number and the name of the company billing me. i also called the number that was listed on my phone bill. they are out of the office today due to a snow storm. i am very concerned now that i have found this site here and there are so many others in the same predicament. i hope i can get this charge stopped and soon. yes, these people should be shut down from their shady business practices and stealing from innocent people. the nerve of this ###!!! att told me it was for monthly voicemail service. i never ordered it. God bless you all and i pray that we see a victory with the conclusion of this business being shut down for good.

Ju
  9th of Feb, 2011

I had the same issues and just called my phone company (Verizon) and they sent the charges back and blocked my phone from receiving further charges. The operator even encouraged me to leave word here.

Im
  24th of May, 2011

I just got off the phone with Verizon after finding a Members Edge charge on our monthly bill. They said they are giving me credit and blocking my bill from future attachments. This is one of the boldest scams I have ever seen and don't know why the phone co would allow this to happen, nor why our local/state/federal governments don't shut these people down. This is a residential phone - and no one is home all day.