Members Edge / Fraudulent billing

Billed my Centurytel phone bill 19.95 without my consent. Their customer service dept would only cancel future charges, but would not refund the charge. To get a refund would require a letter sent to their office in NJ. My phone company said there is nothing they can do to prevent this fraudulent billing.

Da

Comments

• Li
      18th of Jul, 2007

Members Edge put a $19.95 charge on my Qwest phone bill through a company called PaymentOne for a Voice Mail Service I never ordered nor would I use. This is not the first time they have done it. I found a similar charge on my bill last year. This time Qwest has put a block on my bill but I had already paid it before seeing the charge.

If not taken off of bill and you continue to pay it that's $240.00 a year!! Robbery? Yes Theft? Yes because you don't get that money back.

Try to contact Members Edge on the internet... what a joke... everything "times out".

26th of May, 2009
    Members Edge - FRAUDULENT CHARGES
    ATT Customer in CT

Received AT&T bill with 19.95 + tax billed on my statement from Members Edge Voice Mail. This was not authorized by anyone in my household. When I called I was given an old email address that hasn't been in use for 8 or 9 years as the authorizing "person". Was told I'd receive a full credit for 2 months billing. I did receive the credit AND 19.95 + tax AGAIN on my bill. Will this never end!! How does this company do this to unsuspecting people, I can't believe AT &T does not have a block on this particular company...

• Ol
      7th of Apr, 2011

Members Edge also was billing my Verizon account through a company called ILD Services. I contacted ILD and they have put a stop on the charges and have requested a credit from Members Edge for the amount that has already been paid. They claim that it will take one to two billing cycles for the credit to appear. I'm not holding my breath, but at least I caught on to this scam and stopped it after 2 iterations - $44.85 down the drain!

• Wi
      23rd of Apr, 2011

I found a Members Edge charge on my latest Verizon bill date due 5/16/2011, $4.95. My last bill in March had a "other" charge
    of $15.29 that I suspect is from Members Edge. They seem tied with Payment One, a billing company used by Verizon. My wife phoned Verizon with an inquiry about Members Edge. The operator was brusque, and rushed. She immediatlely provided an 800#
    and quickly hung up. 888-934-7750, a recording answers offering not even the name of whom you've phoned. It was odd. I emailed Payment One asking about monies I owe Members Edge for services I'm not aware of nor ordered.
    I wonder if the Attorney General of Virginia has an opinion regarding telephone billing fraud.