Memberlog.net / deceit

1 Epsom, England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07831154476

I was trying to purchase some software from Audacity (Audio Software) and was asked to fill in detail and purchase via internet...somehow, I do not know how I found myself on a web page with offers of downloading google earth, and lots of other downloads. I phoned to cancel my credit card, but was told that they had already taken £60 not the £36 original asked for! It seems to me that they are nothing to do with Audacity, and I have been duped! Is their anyway I can get my money returned?

Comments

Mw
  3rd of Nov, 2008

The same thing has happened to me. I was charged 50.00 without my knowledge and I would like to be refunded that money.

Pa
  17th of Nov, 2008

I had the same experience when I was trying to download Adaware 2008. I was offered Adaware 2009 but at a price but the software would not download and I eventualy managed to download Adaware 2008 from a legitimate source.

La
  2nd of Dec, 2008

To the OP, they are certainly nothing to do with Audacity. Audacity is totaly free, and any site that ofers it for sale is a Rip-Off.

Ra
  31st of Mar, 2009

I was charged $80.78 for a 3 year membership for extreme pro speed download and netspy protector and my p tools and I can't download any of them a rip off like to have a refund

Ra
  24th of May, 2009

I to have been taken in by this p2p programming scam.What you get is alot of nothing but alot of virusis.! KILL this site before it KILLS your data.

As
  28th of May, 2009

suck memberlog.net ###

Ce
  7th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me, when I tried to download Google Earth, I was presented with a webpage that looked like Google's official download site, with pricing. I imagined that after a few years, it makes sense to charge for it, especially since I was getting the "pro" version. Well, this scam site (that never showed their name until after the purchase), collected $69.00 from me instead of the $39 I selected for 3 years of Google Earth pro. Then I was directed to Google's REAL website, which was FREE.
After many emails, and some phone calls, you can insist on a full refund. It took a few calls but I got my money back.
Good luck and STAY away from this SCAM if you can.