Memberlog.net / deceit

1 Epsom, England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07831154476

I was trying to purchase some software from Audacity (Audio Software) and was asked to fill in detail and purchase via internet...somehow, I do not know how I found myself on a web page with offers of downloading google earth, and lots of other downloads. I phoned to cancel my credit card, but was told that they had already taken £60 not the £36 original asked for! It seems to me that they are nothing to do with Audacity, and I have been duped! Is their anyway I can get my money returned?

Comments

• Mw
      3rd of Nov, 2008

The same thing has happened to me. I was charged 50.00 without my knowledge and I would like to be refunded that money.

• Pa
      17th of Nov, 2008

I had the same experience when I was trying to download Adaware 2008. I was offered Adaware 2009 but at a price but the software would not download and I eventualy managed to download Adaware 2008 from a legitimate source.

• La
      2nd of Dec, 2008

To the OP, they are certainly nothing to do with Audacity. Audacity is totaly free, and any site that ofers it for sale is a Rip-Off.

• Ra
      31st of Mar, 2009

I was charged $80.78 for a 3 year membership for extreme pro speed download and netspy protector and my p tools and I can't download any of them a rip off like to have a refund

• Ra
      24th of May, 2009

I to have been taken in by this p2p programming scam.What you get is alot of nothing but alot of virusis.! KILL this site before it KILLS your data.

• As
      28th of May, 2009

suck memberlog.net ###

• Ce
      7th of Jul, 2009

The same thing happened to me, when I tried to download Google Earth, I was presented with a webpage that looked like Google's official download site, with pricing. I imagined that after a few years, it makes sense to charge for it, especially since I was getting the "pro" version. Well, this scam site (that never showed their name until after the purchase), collected $69.00 from me instead of the $39 I selected for 3 years of Google Earth pro. Then I was directed to Google's REAL website, which was FREE.
    After many emails, and some phone calls, you can insist on a full refund. It took a few calls but I got my money back.
    Good luck and STAY away from this SCAM if you can.