Melt-It-Off with Mitch Gaylord / Extra expensive addons

United States Review updated:
Watch out for the fine print on this one. When you buy this you are also buying an auto shipment of expensive vitamins.

The web page notes that with your DVD's you get:
"FREE Supply of our Essential Boost fat burning supplement"

Nowhere on the receipt you print does it say that by buying this product you are also signing up for auto-shipment of vitamins at over $25.00 per month.

The only place you find this is on the shopping cart page in the small print. That is the only place.

Buy with caution. You can only buy this product if you agree to auto-shipments of vitamins costing over $25.00. You do not have the option to not be put on auto-ship for vitamins.

I got burned by this - I don't want anyone else to. Now I have to pay postage to send the auto shipment back and hope that I can stop them from making additional charges to my account for vitamins I do not want.
Va

Comments

St
  15th of Apr, 2008
That didn't happen to me.
De
  22nd of Apr, 2008
I agree with the autoship problem, BUT it DOES say on the website that you'll be signed up for auto-ship. It's one of the first things I saw/looked for.
Pa
  23rd of Apr, 2008
I ordered over the phone and asked several times if there was anything further I would be sent in addition to the ball and exercise tapes advertised. I was told NO. Then I started seeing charges on my checking account. I contacted them and told them to stop and refund my money because I NEVER received the product. Then I saw a second charge. Again I called them and told them I did not receive the product and wanted my money back. I have not heard from them. Since I was told that there was nothing else with the order I am going to file a fraud complaint with the FBI. Nothing was said about any auto orders of anything.
Sa
  24th of Apr, 2008
I had the same issue. I was not told about the extra vitamins and they tried to bill me an extra $40. BEWARE!!! They also gave out my credit card information to a partner and when I tried to address the issue with them they swore it wasn't them. That is the only thing I purchased on that card. I recieved another $13 worth of charges from 3 companies I never heard of... Value Plus, Homeplay and Health Options.
Ca
  11th of Jun, 2008
Actually, I saw this auto-ship information when I purchased it. So, when I got my original product I immediately called and cancelled all other shipments. NO fuss, NO muss! Simple as that.
Tr
  17th of Apr, 2009
Dealing with this company was a nightmare. They put over $200.00 of unauthorized charges on my card. I made a dozen phone calls to the company to cancel orders thankfully my bank returned the charges while they investigated the company. The manager at my bank told me they had other similar complaints about this company. I had to cancel my debit card so they could not keep charging me. The videos are actually pretty good. Just make sure you don't use a credit or debit card to order.
Sp
  2nd of Apr, 2010
I ordered online with no problem. I did see where they will automatically send you the vitamins every month and charge your card for it. But it also says that you can call within 30 days to cancel the vitamins. You can find the customer service number on the "contact us" at the bottom of their page. I cancelled my vitamins and had no problems.
Mm
  24th of May, 2012
I cancelled and they continued to charge me. Every month. Good luck cancelling! They stop the product shipment but continue to charge. I'd love to sue them to get my $180.00 back!!!