Melaluca / Terrible service!

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT EVERY sign up with them. Once you sign up you get things automatically shipped to them and should you want to cancel your membership you have to make sure you mail it to the right address of several addresses and make sure you send it with a confirmation that they received it or they say they never did and then keep shipping you monthly minimum purchases and when you return the packages, be prepared, they make you pay the shipping for packages you never should have received and didn't even accept shipping on and no possible refund. Plus every person I've spoke with has an attitude. Unbelievable company!!!

St

Comments

N
  10th of Jul, 2008

I agree, I enjoyed the products but I detest the company. Having to buy monthly a certain amount whether I needed some thing or not . If you do not purchase they send your "back up" order.. I have tried twice now to cancel my membership. I sent the 2nd letter this week. WAY before the 25th deadline. If my cc is charged next month my lawyer will be involved. customer service is NOT a part of this company, do not try finding it. This company needs too much work to become something I would ever recommend to anyone.

An
  30th of Jul, 2008

I am in the middle of a 4 month dispute with this company. I have tried to cancel my membership, even to the point of closing my bank account so that they cannot keep charging me, and they still call and harass me. They claim they never received my numerous cancellation letters and refuse to provide "customer assistance" over the phone. What a rip off company!!!

Sa
  11th of Oct, 2008

I love the products and i love the store!!!

Em
  28th of Oct, 2008

Quit crying!!! You are just too cheap to pay. The products are great and great for the environment.

Ni
  3rd of Nov, 2008

I think that before you sign up with a company you should read all documentation and research you can find. The economy is bad and I'm not doing so well financially . I am a customer, business builder, and a marketing major at a university. I use the products b/c i like them and I don't mind committing to shopping every month. I always get good deals online and who doesn't shop online now a days. It's so convenient! The lady who enrolled me is leaving the company to focus on other things in her life at this time, but I have not herd her saying anything bad about the company. I have been with this company for 2 months now. There are pros and cons just like any other business out there. But I am going to stay real with people of course, and I wouldn't work with the company if I felt like I was being fake.

Ni
  3rd of Nov, 2008

I don't think the company name is spelled right...??

Ja
  7th of Nov, 2008

Oh, come herbalife people, it's time to admit Melaluca is a better company a better product and at very affordable prices.

Ja
  7th of Nov, 2008

Oh, come on herbalife people, it's time to admit Melaluca is a better company a better product and at very affordable prices.

Ca
  18th of Nov, 2008

Your mistake was becoming a priority member. I have been a member with Melaeuca since 2006 and I order only what I need when I need it. No penalty. Perhaps you should read the fine print before you join any membership. As far as their products, they are great!!

Di
  19th of Apr, 2009

I've been a member of Melaleuca for several years and have been delighted with the products and their service. I joined for the ease of shopping every month, but since retiring from corporate life have decided to build a business through Melaleuca. Yes it is work to build a business, and those that think they will get something for nothing are only kidding themselves. But if you want to succeed in the business Melaleuca provides the support. If you only want to be a customer, they provide great products and service. I have never found any company representatives to be anything but helpful and courteous.

21st of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I'm a long-term Melaleuca customer (7 years). I enjoy their products, so I easily order more than their minimum every month. The thing with Melaleuca is that you really have to be into it. The business aspect of the company I often see being distorted and embellished by those who try too insistently to do it for a living. This quality is a characteristic more of the individuals, the independent marketing reps, and the common "get rich quick" psychology, than it is anything perpetrated or endorsed by the company. The company actively discourages this kind of behavior - I know because I attended several launches & seminars with a friend who makes their living off Melaleuca. Yes, it's a lot of work- and you have to do it honestly, if you want your customers to stick around. Good businesses do not aim to rack up numbers, they aim to please customers, and they don't hassle- and again, it's a --lot-- of work. Melaleuca can be a profitable avenue for genuine people. Unfortunately there are disingenuous, unscrupulous individuals out there- people who may pressure, lie, hassle, and even coerece people into signing the pair of documants to join the company.

As a biological researcher and ethnobotanist, I can say that their herbal supplements leave something to be desired. I don't use them personally. Melaleuca is a fairly good company, but an education in ethnobotany, herbal medicine, and basic biochemistry does illuminate the more particular facts of the matter. Their vitamins are an interesting concept, but I would like to see more research on the notion of "fructose compounding" and how it behaves in the digestive tract and inside the cells. Suffice to say, the public is rarely in a position to assess such things from a scientific, or experienced angle. Some melaleuca reps exploit this.

There are some awkward Melaleuca people out there, people who are really into the company like it's their family. I think of them "Mela-Zombies" -(and they are usually rather bright-eyed!). Such individuals think it is the best company ever, that everything they make is automatically embossed in gold. While about 1/3 of their products are indeed excellent, top-notch nontoxic stuff... I unfortunately cannot empathize with any profuse Melaleuca endorsement. To be honest, people who are genuinely into the whole "natural living" thing aren't going to be easy Melaleuca customers. They use lots of synthetics, and even some artifical sweeteners (such as in Sustain Sport). I really wish they would switch to something like Erythrinol, Agave, or even Stevia.

Ca
  10th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

I have been using Melaleuca for 2 1/2 years and love the products, I think the cleaning products and vitamins are much better than others I have used in the past. My husband and I use the multi vitamins daily and cannot remember the last cold or flu we have had, and I work in retail in close proximity to others who have been very ill (they should not have been there in the first place) and yet I have not come down with whatever they had at the time. I don't know how you can say their supplements "leave something to be desired" if you have never used them personally?
The customer service reps I have dealt with so far have always been very friendly and helpful, and you should always read any agreement well before signing and then complaining that they are horrible. There are always two sides!

11th of Jan, 2010

No, I said "I don't use them personally." Meaning on a regular basis, as my go-to. I have of course given them a try on more than one occasion, but based on my experience they are not the best available. I specialize in ethnobotanical study and am very familiar with plants and preparations. A product like Luminex for instance, is basically 5-htp (griffonia seed) and st. john's wort. These are rather mild cumulative-effect mood enhancers / mild antidepressants. Their -herbal supplements- are really quite average. I do use Calmicid regularly, though.

11th of Jan, 2010

...and I am speaking mainly of their herbal supplements. Bear in mind I'm not saying "they don't work, " I'm saying "I've found better."

Mi
  17th of Jan, 2011

A friend of mine signed me up so I could get some vitamins. I bought a three month supply. He thought they were great. They didn't make me feel any better than the cheap vitamins I get at "Everything a Dollar" store. Then they sent me a care package after three months and charged my card. I attempted to change things at the web site to no avail. I called them up and I was upset. I asked to speak to a manager because I wasn't going to be nice, and there was no need for a lower level employee to be called everything but a white man. I sent a letter by certified (registered?) mail. And that was that. Their shampoo doesn't foam. They removed the foaming agent because it is used as an industrial degreaser. Hey! If it can clean car engines it should be able to get the grease out of my hair. They sent me bar soap. Who uses that anymore? The toothpaste, back pain rub, and vitamin supplements seemed to be fine, but terribly over priced, even at a discount. I can get a larger tube of toothpaste for a dollar and bar soap 3 for a dollar that works just as good without a fancy name. I could get a year's supply of what they sent me for what they charged. My sister told me of a case where a Melaluca seller told an elderly lady to take their product and not to take her heart medicine. She died from not taking her medication.