Melaleuca / scam and lies

1 Idaho Falls, ID, United States Review updated:

I signed up for melaleuca under the understanding that I would make money because 'everybody would buy this stuff'. Well after the first few months of limitless phone calls and countless hours of unpaid work. I am disabled in a wheelchair and I have 3 children, 1 terminally ill, and 1 with autism. My husband is my full time caregiver and we receive less than a thousand a month for disability for a family of 5.

After 6 months of being forced to spend at least $50 per month mandatory on their overpriced products (which some were 'ok' but not worth the price) I sent a cancellation letter explaining we could no longer afford to put any more money or time into their company. I also informed the person who signed me up and they harassed me to no end to 'hang in there' that we would soon be richer than we ever dreamed of... blah blah blah.

The next month a package shows up on my doorstep and lo and behold they charged my credit card $65! I called the company and they claimed never to have got my cancellation letter and it cosed me another $12 to send the products back! (I was out nearly $30 from shipping costs which were not refundable)

Again I sent another letter, this time certified, and the following month another package arrives! And may I add, due to these charges it made us short and late on our rent every month for 4 months in a row causing our landlord to have to cancel our lease.

In the course of that 4 months 9 letters were sent 3 registered, 2 certified and notarized and 4 regular (I have all receipts) And all were received but not claimed to have been received and when I called asking for the mail dept and the person who signed for them I was told they no longer work for melaleuca... blah blah blah...

We finally lost our beautiful home and as a result could not find an accessible place and had to resort to living out of our van and using the ymca to shower, and the library for homeschooling our children and use of the computers.

We have now been homeless for 2 months and yet Melaleuca continues to send packages to our old address even though 2 have been sent back (no longer at this address) and they continue to charge our credit card, once for the package (our mandatory backup order + return shipping). I have even faxed and received faxed confirmations that they received our cancellation and they continue to charge us! They were even so bold as to automatically renew our contract without my permission! I have not received even a penny of refund from them (only excuses that I have to call their long distance number as they cannot transfer me to that dept... and I do not have a cell phone or long distance card.) They even have it in their records that we are homeless and we are still getting charged money we cant afford and useless empty apologies and excuses why we cant get our money back.

So, if you see the word melaleuca, TURN AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Va

Comments

Ri
  19th of Sep, 2008

How about calling your credit card company and disputing the charge???

Ja
  10th of Feb, 2009

YES WHEN I signed up i was all gung ho on this ready to make some money and then when i placed my order with the membership it came to over 100 dollars and i thought ok its only for this month. then when i received the product i was disapointed to find that it was like almost $70 in product and only got like 6 things. they were charging like 2 dollars a little hand sanatizer that smaller than your hand and you know u can get them at wal mart for .99 cents. I m so upset that I asked for my membership money back. I hope they do because i will raise hell. I am so sick of people scamming others. They will perish in hell. and for everyones sake i hope that is soon for the economy is falling and they aint helping any.

Lo
  30th of Mar, 2009

Well i can feel everyone frustrations with not knowing the whole truth about some of these own your own businesses, and i myself almost got into Melaleuca, until someone saved my life and showded me a wonderful independent business. that has many years behind it, and there are no secrets. I have to be honest many people are trying so hard to find that one particular business that will make them millionares over night, sorry but it does not work like that, ...and they keep continuing to get into something that promises that you will become wealthy but again...sorry to say if your looking for that it most likely will be a scam. I wish people will really do their research and find a company that has been around for many, many, many years and to find out the details on what a forced pyramid is, well i can definately tell you that melaleuca is one.
Jessica

Ni
  1st of Apr, 2009

I have been very unsatisfied and disappointed in the customer service, product prices, commitment required, time and money wasted, as well as stale nutrition bars at $10.49 a box. I just want out please! Please let me OUT! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Me
  18th of Jul, 2009

Hi, so this is the way to get out of this company if for some reason you call it quits. You should know not all the people are unsuccessful in making money from this company. Two thing you should know is you must work hard to get your money, i mean you really must work hard. This isn't a company to be in if your not determined to work you butt off. Second thing you should know is you must ABSOLUTELY use a credit card, no bank account or any personal account. Credit Cards are much safer in case they continue to charge.
What you do is go door to door, sort of speak and show the products to customers and if they like what they see they will buy or join and become a member. By being referred by you they gain discounts and your gain profit.

Now if your unable to make profit, due to lack of work, because again you must work hard to become successful in this business.

Here are the steps.
Call Melauleca The Wellness Company and ask that you want to cancel the membership.
Tell them a reason not relating to your non profit.
Example tell them your not completely satisfied with the products, or you or your customers became allergic.
Write your letter of cancellation and send with priority and tracking number so you know they received it.

If they still send you packages call your credit card company and change your card's numbers say its been stolen or you have lost it. Do not cancel your cards as this may result in a bad credit score.

If interested in this business contact me at Sky1Sky22003@yahoo.com with the subject being
Interest in becoming a member of Melaleuca

Thank you for reading.

Ma
  13th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

First of all, to use the username "Melaleuca" on here is a violation of Melaleuca's online policies. That with the overall tone of the previous poster's message leads me to believe they want you to contact them for different reasons.

Who enrolls you is VITAL! Choose carefully who you let enroll you, make sure they have a plan for you!

http://marksproductsurvey.com is my site for people to read a little bit about Melaleuca and request more info if you want a bit more of a positive approach.

Ne
  11th of Jan, 2010

I think this complaint is all a bunch of crap. For those of you who have actually taken the time to read this far into this website please notice that most of these are just copied and reprinted several times under several different email addresses. They may be slightly changed but this is just someone who is vicious and has nothing better to do than to try to influence a stranger with their twisted stories.

Nl
  11th of Feb, 2010

HOLD ON Marta Singer.
Because your credit card was supposedly charged for products, you lost your home? Are you serious.
You sent 9 letters to Melaleuca and couldn't manage a call to your credit card company to withhold payments from Melaleuca! HAHA