Mel S. Harris & Associates L.L.C / Membership dues

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I was served with a judgement by Mel S. Harris & Associates for the amount of $2800 on behalf of Bally's Total Fitness. I was in shock to have receive such judgement since I've been a member since 1997 and as of today I am currently in good standing. On 4/28/08 I had shared this information with the law firm explaining in a statement showing prove of my current bill via fax. And that the account in question doesn't belong to me and that my account is up to date. On 11/29/08 I received a letter from my bank that a lien was placed on my account savings. I am highly upset, because after speaking to these people and sending them prove of information they still went along and pursued with this judgement.

This company needs to be disbarred they are taking advantage of people's life savings. They are scam artist and they need to be out of business.

Comments

6th of Apr, 2009

I have to agree with all parties who have had current and previous problems with this law firm...I myself have had my bank accounts frozen, from Mel Harris and his group..of can't say the word...I am on Social security disability, after many attempts to fax them my papers stating my social security..they continued to freeze the accounts..it was very difficult to speak with anyone at the firm..all they have to say is lies..it was not until I filed a grievance with the grievance committee for attorneys..that I got any response..they had no choice but to free my account...I am now filing for bankruptcy and believe it or not..the court in Buffalo, NY ...is unable to get a forwarding address for Mel Harris..I agree they need to be looked into further..good luck to all who encounter them...

• Se
      8th of May, 2010

I am a victim of identity theft, thought all was taken care of and settled over four years ago and all of a sudden, here comes Mel S. Harris...not only did he more than double the amount of identity theft but just found out today, that another of my bank accounts was just frozen for the same amount!!! Right now the total amount frozen for over $16, 000...when the original amount of identity theft was a little over $3000.00
    Somebody has got to stop this guy, and it just may be me...I will try my best. In the meantime, I will file what I have to with the courts and then contact my senator to discuss with him that he try and help pass the CONSUMER CREDIT PROTECTION ACT that is SITTING in the senate right now...I URGE EVERONE TO DO THE SAME. THANK YOU.