MEKA Financial Services / Tax Preparation Fraud

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

TAX PREPARATION FRAUD ALERT: I still want to kick myself for hiring this guy from Meka Financial Services to do my taxes. STAY AWAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A FOREIGNER ON WORK (H1) VISA or STUDENT VISA – you are eventually going to be ripped off if you ignore this warning. DON’T LISTEN TO THAT FRIEND WHO RECOMMENDED THIS GUY TO YOU – he/she may have gotten a good tax refund in their previous return but you are MORE likely to be fleeced if you hire him.

Here’s what will happen: He will prepare a draft of your taxes. Then, he will ask you to pay the money before you can review the draft version for accuracy. Then, as you review the tax return, you will MOST LIKELY find errors or have questions on them. If it turns out to be an error he can’t fix in a minute (even if it's a relatively simple fix), GOOD LUCK GETTING IN TOUCH WITH HIM. HE WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS AND CALLS!!! He has a secretary service that will answer your phone and will promise to deliver your message. But you will never hear back from Mr. Winter. Yeah, you can go ahead and dispute the charge and try to get a refund. Most likely, you will not be able to get your money back!! I personally had to hire someone else because he wouldn’t return the calls.

BOTTOM LINE: YOU ARE BETTER OFF FILING ELECTRONICALLY YOURSELF, OR GOING TO SOMEONE ELSE – YOU WILL PROBABLY GET SIMILAR OR BETTER REFUND WITH MUCH LESS RISK OF AUDIT – OF COURSE, ASSUMING THIS GUY SUCCESSFULLY FILES YOUR TAXES IN THE FIRST PLACE!! If you want assurance that your taxes will be filed and filed correctly and that you won’t be audited for something he caused, you would be wise to avoid this fraudster!

THIS GUY DOESN’T HAVE ANY STANDARDS AND DEFINITELY ISN’T ETHICAL. I AM SURPRISED THE FEDS OR THE IRS HAVEN’T GONE AFTER HIM YET…

IF YOU STILL HIRE HIM AFTER THESE WARNINGS, YOU ARE VERY LIKELY TO REGRET IT LIKE ME.

Tc

Comments

• Ed
      11th of May, 2012

Yes i totally agree with you. The same thing happened to me. He made a mistake to my tax returns and it was not corrected. Finally i end up in paying the fine.

He dont even retrun to the calls or reply to mails.

• Rc
      5th of Sep, 2012

I have found that Ed has been very honest and completed everything on time. I have had a horrorable accountant and put me in lot of hot water and Ed saved me and my companies from major IRS fines. I cannot recommend him any higher and just consider there are two sides to each story.

• Ed
      17th of Oct, 2012

THIS GUY IS A ### SUCKING BLOOD ON IMMIGRANTS BEWARE I HAVE ALREADY BEEN AUDITED NEVER EVER EVER FILE WITH THIS GUY YOU WILL BE DOOMED