Megostore / Never sent items. Took money though!

This guy who runs this website out of his house in Arkansas, Joe Deroen, sells pirated DVDs and resells Mego collectibles. Ordered stuff from him and after a couple months of nothing I emailed him very nicely as to what was the hold-up? He emails me back rather nastily telling me to wait another month or take a refund. I said great, if the stuff isn't available send me a refund. By then I couldn't get a Paypal refund for the $47 he took and never heard from him again. I sent a couple more understandibly heated emails and have never gotten a reply. Over a year later and the guy is somehow still in business.<br />
I realize I'll never get my money back so all I can do is hope someone will read this and think twice about furthering this guy's scams. He's a THIEF pure and simple.

Li

Comments

• Rw
      27th of Aug, 2009

I had the EXACT same experience. This guy cashed my check two months ago, and I have still not received my DVD. I sent a very pointed email today, and if I have to, I'll sue the ### for the 22 dollars. I don't care if it costs me ten times that much ti file a suit, at least it will show this jerk that he can't just steal people's money.

• Me
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I'm Joe, and if you didn't receive your product, it isn't because I didn't send it. Mistakes happen, I would never knowingly cheat anyone out of $22 or $2200. I would comment further, but I don't know who you are. If you want to cut out the name calling, send me an email and we'll work it out and I'll make sure you get what you paid for.

• Me
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Hi Joe. there's no point in emailing you, you only ever reply if the complaints start rolling in. And RWJ4, sorry to hear about that man. Notice Joe didn't offer my $47 back. Try a year-and-a-half later. He just thinks I'm some jerk now bugging him...so he ignores me...but he took my money and gave me nothing but piss poor customer service in return. This guy will get what's coming to him, believe me.

• Li
      11th of Sep, 2009

Although what Joe @ Megostore did was inexcuseable, recently he did finally refund me my money. Granted it was only after he discovered this listing did I get a reply, but it shows that this site (and others) can work. After a year-and-a-half I got reasons from him that would seem to imply that he is trying to turn things around for his business. So to RWJ4, I think you'll be getting your refund or order soon. Cheers!

• Ji
      5th of Oct, 2009

Thanks for the heads-up on Megostore.com. I was just about to place a fairly large order when I decided I'd better check for some store reviews because I've never heard of the place. In addition to being a dishonest person, this guy, Joe, sounds like he's also rude and unprofessional. I don't need to be doing business with jerks.. I'll find the products I was going to order elsewhere. Thanks! Jim O'Conner

• So
      23rd of Jan, 2011

Here it is 2011 and Joe DeRoeun is still up to his old tricks. Almost a month now and I have not received my order from Megostore.com. While it is a small amount of $18 it's the principal of the matter, he simply takes peoples money and delivers no product. How is he allowed to continue having a business?! I wish I had discovered these complaints earlier to save myself the trouble. ALL OTHER WOULD BE SHOPPERS OF MEGSTORE.COM BEWARE!!!

• Lj
      10th of Jun, 2011

I have purchased from Joe. it took a few weeks to get the order but, it came through and everything was fine. sorry if you had a bad experience.

• Sc
      6th of Oct, 2011

I am in the process of filing a disputed charge report against Joe. I placed an order back in February which contained some preorder items. The items have long since arrived. I e-mailed for confirmation that my order shipped and was told it went out. The order never arrived so I e-mailed the support address, no reply. So after trying for about a week I e-mail Joe. I hear a story about how the girl who workes for him hasn't been in for a week or two and he will look into it. After a few more days I tell him I am going to dispute the charges. He says he will reship if I want. I tell him okay but I will need a tracking number when it ships. Then...nothing. Watch out for this guy.

• Di
      16th of Jun, 2014

An order placed with the on-line store has yet to be received, with no direct response from the store to follow-up e-mails.On Saturday, May 17, 2014, I placed the order. To this day I have not received the order. I paid $44.43 including shipping. I have followed up twice by e-mail since and have not received any response. There does not appear to be a telephone number on the website.

• Th
      12th of Apr, 2015

Hello my name is Gregg wondering if anyone has all the contact information on MegoStore.com I mistakenly misplaced all the contact information. I ordered some dvds that i have not recieved the complete old series batman cartoons an the complete series star trek cartoons. I have not yet recieved them its been many months now an i have misplaced all the contact information on MegoStore.com to contact them to get my dvds can anyone please send me all the contact information so i can contact him to so he can send me my dvds i paid for. I have bought several complete cartoons on dvds from MegoStore.com never have any problems in the past he has always sent me good copies pretty timely but somehow he has overlooked my order an im sure he will correct this matter in a timely fashion he is not a crook that i know of he has always treated me right i dont think he would purposely try to rip anyone off again he has always treated me right i would continue to order from him thats how much i trust him things do happen an he is only human i think some how he accidently over looked my order an as an i mistakenly misplaced all his contact information an as soon as someone can give me all his contact information an i contact him i know he will make it right Thanks So Much To Everyone Gregg