MEGHNA MANOR / CONSUMER PROTECTION CELL

India Review updated:
DEAR SIR,

THE CONSUMER COURTS SHOULD EDUCATE PEOPLE AS TO A DEFAULTER SERVICE PROVIDER / VENDOR CAN BE REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES.

MANY FACE THESE KINDS OF DEFAULTERS IN DAY TO DAY LIFE AND JUST KEEP QUITE AS THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO BRING IT TO THE NOTICE OF THE GOVERNMENT.

PLEASE PROVIDE THE TOLL-FREE NUMBERS AND A BRIEF PROCEDURE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN COME FORWARD AND REVOLT.

THANKS

MEGHNA MANOR ASSC.

Comments

Ra
  6th of Sep, 2009
REQUEST TO MAKE IT A NEWS
Sir,

I took a home loan from State Bank of India, Izzatnagar Branch during July 2004 vide HTL A/C No. 1041821643 (1818). The interest rate at that was 7.5% (floating). I decided & changed my option to Fix rate of interest (9%) during Nov 2004. The bank has charged Rs 8119/- towards fee for changing the option. Now after four years the bank vide their letter No. OC 2521/ 10418121643(1818) 1/9 is asking me to pay the interest @ 12.75% or pay the whole amount at once and quit banking.

On enquiry fron SBI zonal Office (RASMECCC) they have informed that there is clause in agreement I signed with bank that interest rate shall be reset every after two years, which the bank forgot to do so during 2006, hence now the change is being done.

Sir, Usually they never specify such notes suring sign of documents to the customers. They simply ask the customer to sign at specified places. Once they charged the fee for changing the option, even when a customer is ready to pay Floating to Fix (Low (7.5%) to High (9%) rate). If at all they are charging their should not be any reset in rate thereafter. Even than the rate of interest can not be specific for me only. Presently SBI is charging 8% fix for one year for new customers than how can they charge 12.75% from me.

Sir, In between they insured my house with some agency without asking/ informing me and deducted the huge instalement from my sabing bank account. Also they have not provided any reciept/ policy for the amount they have deducted fom my S/B account. I am sure that they have not done any insurance but have adjusted the money.

Well, I have requested the bank to provide a copy of agreement which I signed with bank & present rate of interest & the policy or reciept of the the insurance. But they did not respond to any of my query. I reported the matter to SBI Grievances Cell & DGM Housing loan but they to did not respond.

At last I have come to you with a hope that Amr Ujala the prestigious hindi daily may help me out.

In view of above may I request your honour to publish/ make it a news with a intension to help me.

Thanking you in anticipation, Sir.
Sincerely yours