Megadownloadpass / Fraud

I signed up for a trial membership and received no confirmations. I have since been charged twice for $39.73 and once for $9.82. These are supposedly for 3 different memberships to sites I have never accessed. Calling for help give no help, just recordings referring you to customersupporthelp.com. I was able to access my account information through them to get the "membership numbers". The website is no better. Try to look up account information, "..having trouble with our service.." Try to contact service representative only available through a web form -- who knows when they'll respond. I was finally able to get the cancellation form to work using the "membership numbers" I got from their 877 number. Even then, they trick you into signing up for a subscription at a "reduced rate" by making the "Yes, I'm sure" button refer to accepting the reduced rate and not cancellation. I am unemployed and cannot afford these charges. I hope this information helps someone else.

Iz

Comments

• Da
      29th of Oct, 2008

I've registered at this site to download some files I needed.

Guess what, the downloads don't work, the files aren't there.

It's just total fraud.

So I've tried to cancel my membership, but this doesn't work as well.

So I've been charged $39.73 on my credit card since my free memership has been expired.
    Also, I've received a SMS from my credit card company saying that the domain was: NEEDBILLHELP.COM and not Megadownloadpass.com.

• Ne
      31st of Oct, 2008

Happend to me also.
    Actually it called donwloadnovo which I registrated because it cost like $4 only. But it never worked to DL anything so I just forgot it. But some days later 39.73$ was taken from my bank account. I when I checked up which site I where registreaed on, it was Megadownloadpass.com (which is a pr0n site and never where my intend to be member on).

• Ar
      2nd of Nov, 2008

i try to download some games as it shows 4.87$ for membership.after i became member i received two mails, and i was charged 1$ each from mega helpline and and after couple of days i realize that they took 39.73$ each from need bill help.com and mega help line 10/28/08 .
    so do they gonna refund the amount.

11th of Nov, 2008

this happened me exactly the same.

• As
      17th of Nov, 2008

I have the same problem from ( MEGAHELPLINE.COM ). I was charged $4.87 on 10/28, and $39.73 on 10/30. I found this disturbing also : The group is called ( SUPPORTBEAST.COM11 ). I had 2 separate charges for $1.00 on 10/28, a charge of $9.82 and $39.73 on 10/30. I can't even locate this group online.

25th of Nov, 2008

Their fraudulent M.O. keeps repeating itself.
    I am a victim of their scam as well.
    DO NOT EVER USE THEIR SERVICES!
    I am getting a new Visa card right now

Greetings from Sweden.

• Me
      26th of Nov, 2008

Big problem.

• Es
      18th of Dec, 2008

how do u cancel on them?

• Wu
      19th of Jun, 2009

Instead of pressing Yes I'm Sure, press No.

If it helps, I don't know. Contact your bank and ask them to cancel the transfer or recall it. Should hopefully work. If not, close your creditcard and get yourself a new one.
    That is what you can do really.

• Ba
      6th of Jul, 2009

Same thing happened to me. And I am fuming mad. I don't think my bank is going to be of any help. We need to get this scam publicised...