Mega Serial Kolangal on Sun TV / Serial spoiling the masses!

1 India Review updated:

This serial as I remember is being telecast in Sun TV during prime time for more than 4 years. It is one of the worst serials I have ever come across. The director of the serial who himself is one of the actors shows sadist and psychopathic behavior. The state machineries such as Police, legislatures and even law is being depicted in a bad picture and the main character Abhi is being depicted as an good lady who keeps facing difficulties after difficulties. Adhi, the villian commits crime after crime and keeps getting away with it. There is another sadist character who keeps marrying girls after girls and leads a lavish life. What is the message the director is trying to pass on to the mass? Commit crimes and you can keep on getting away with it? Don't heed to the law? Educate gun culture? The director through this serial promotes only negative things. Please ban this serial. I have also written to SUN TV, but don't have any response till now. For now I have stopped watching this serial. This kind of serials in a way is only spoiling the masses especially the children.

Comments

• Se
      5th of Sep, 2007

I Agree,
    I keep watching the serial expecting a turnaround with good events, this way bad gets punished and good gets rewarded. But NO! this is very irritating to watch especially Adhi, Baskar and that new politician Chithappa who are continuing to be well inspite of doing all kind of bad things.
    Mr. Tholkaappian change your way or we'll change the channel.

• Ri
      5th of Sep, 2007

I just can't tolerate the lack of LOGIC in this serial. Thiruselvam is trying to make all of us fools.

Let me bring to light a few things:

1. Where is Abhi's friend the fool "Thols" getting money to feed those 3 criminals?
    2. A third party person enters the business and claims he has the share and no one knew until then they are being cheated.
    3. Abhi's siblings have never asked about their father's photo?
    4. Abhi's father's brother's wife can't recognize Abhi''s father, when her first son is only a few years younger than Abhi. And then few children are born after Abhi? Maaan where's the logic?
    5. Aathi insults Abhi's mother awkawardly what a woman can't bear and yet Abhi's mom keeps mum about the relationship?
    6. Murder in Prison, murder in Delhi, murder everywhere, Crime and murder committed by Sivadas, what's happening?
    7. What happened to Ganga?
    8. What is Bhaskar doing?
    9. Why all the people are against Abhi.
    10. Aathi - no comments is a big joke.
    11. Recently Salpetta Saroja is no more real siblings to those 3 thugs.

I am getting a nerve wreck.

Where does this serial lead us? I can see Thiruselvam's guilty feeling when he ACTS. It's a shame on his part to have use such a media to demoralize public.

People, wake up. Please spend your time wisely.

Thanks,
    Rishi.

7th of Sep, 2007

Thiruselvam ! odhavaadha oru director Peru mattum Tholgapian. Naa ninaikire Abhi thanna virumbadadaley Abhi ye maraimugama pazhi theerpada.

Mosamana oru thodar. Yepadi dha mudipangaloo. Yellolrum poongi poongi yezhurangoo.
    ana onnum agaradhilley,

12th of Sep, 2007

Kolangal is probably the only Tamil serial getting reviewcomments.criticsim on the net in many forums. This itself is the testimony for the success of the director. Also the serial has maximum TRP rating in the prime time and lakhs of ardant fans watch the serial so religiously.

So whatver the comments, Thiruselvam has won!

So let us stop giving publicitiy for this serial anymore!!

12th of Sep, 2007

This is the worst serial i came across, and if i see this serial i feel like banging the TV. This is such a horrible serial. pleae dont telecast it/

• Sh
      25th of Sep, 2007

It's really torturing. Giving all the wrong messages to public. Nothing good is happening in this serial. Abi keeps failing and Athi(killing so many people) keeps winning. What nonsense! Just can't take it anymore. The director(tolkapian) is totally out of mind. He is a real sadist.He just doesn't know what he's doing. For the beginning till now...Abi never achieve any success in either career or personal life. Not only Abi, her entire family is suffering. Abi is a divorce. Her mom not with husband, Ananthi never get married, Arthi is with a stupid husband who can't even think on his own. Mano is separated from his wife. What a stupid serial is this. I stopped watching it. But sometimes "accidentally" (while changing the channels) I will watch it and my blood pressure will just go up and I feel like banging the TV. Abi's father is just keeping quiet whenever his 2nd wife insult Abi's family. What kind of man is he???? doing? He killed his father in law and having a luxury life now and waiting to take revenge on Abi. The policeman is another irritating character. Tholkapian was a small role in the beginning but now he's the HERO.

19th of Oct, 2007

IT CREATES NERVE TO WATCH THE POLICE OFFICER TO MOVE LIKE A 'ROBO' AND DO THINGS IN A WAY AS THE VILLIAN 'ADHI' WISHES! HOW DARE A THING LIKE SHOOTING 'SALPBETTA SAROJA' INSIDE THE COURT HALL HAPPEN ( FULLY GUARDED POLICE SECURITY) HAPPEN! I AM AFRAID I CAN'T HAVE A LOOK AT THE PRESENT DAY POLICEMEN BEHAVING LIKE 'DHILLON' ! HOW CRUEL HE IS DEPICTED. CAN YOU IMAGINE HONEST POLICE OFFICERS LIKE F.P. ARUL, VR LAKSHMINARAYANAN, EX IGs. OF POLICE WHO TRAPED COTTON BIDDERS IN TRAVELLING THROUGH CART RIDEEN VEHICLES IN MUFTI AND CREATED HISTORY! CAN ANYONE FORGET KIRAN BEDI A FAMOUS WOMEN POLICE OFFICER. WHY CAN'T ANY PRESENT DAY POLICE OFFICER OBJECT TO THE SHOWING OF A POLICE OFFICER LIKE DHILLON OBJECT? NO ONE CAN ANSWER ! WE HAVE TO MAKE A
    FULLL STOP SHOWING IN SERIALS AND FILMS IN A CLUMSY MANNER LIKE THIS SHOULD BE BANNED! YOU CAN SEE POLICEMEN REGULATING TRAFFIC IN HOT SUN AND RAIN AND MAINTAING LAW AND ORDER. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 24 HOURS GOVT.SERVANT , LIKE ARMY GUARDING OUR BORDERS, SO ALSO THE POLICE ARE RESPONSIBLE IN MAINTAINING THE LAW AND ORDER. WHAT REPLY IS MR. THOLS OR THIRUCHELVAN THE DIRECTOR IS HAVING? I DO NOT KNOW.

• Mu
      21st of Nov, 2007

Please read this everyone,

1.Truly understand that mega serials are made for money.

2.Many people are thinking creatively they make more money and are happy with their familes.Because they dont waste their thoughts in the serials.

2.Because most of the ladies are watching it and for the reason of making it popular mostly men and motherinlaws are shown as villans.

3.I know many people who are happily living with their good understanding caring motherinlaws and husbands.

5.This serials have created many unwanted problems in familes - I have prof for it.

6. Megaserials only kill the time.See something that makes you happy.

....Wish you all a wealthy and happy life....

21st of Nov, 2007

I would plead that this serial be finished or stopped abruptly as every day show affects elders at home really bad. As we go out for work and come home late in the evening to only see them watching the serials and the stupid character's actions close to their heart and emotionally affected while there is nothing GOOD in the story or the characters.

The serial is just a CR*P:)

• Ve
      4th of Dec, 2007

I agree with Muthukumar. I'm sure people in TN have better things to do than to watch these crappy serials on TV. Is there anything you learn from watching these "pieces of ###"? All they do is cry, fight and use foul language. How can a person sleep peacefully after watching crap like this? It fills your mind with negative thoughts and kills your brain cells.

Left to me, I'd have the producers and directors shot by a firing squad. If you really must watch TV, why don't you watch the Discovery Channel or TLC? Maybe you can learn something useful for life. OR even better, go spend time with your family (especially the kids). Play a game of carrom or Monopoly with the family. Try that for a week and see if that makes a difference in your lives.

• Dh
      4th of Dec, 2007

abi is very knowledgest person.
    i agree to abi characters

25th of Dec, 2007

I am also watching this serial from past 1 year. Still now I am not getting any concept from this. I think that Mr.Tholkappian will be getting early in the morning and thinking about the new episodes. MAY BE HE ALSO FORGOT ABOUT THE CONCEPT OF THIS SERIAL AND NOW HE DONT KNOW WHAT TO??

Totally, this is a rubbish serial!!!

• Ra
      24th of Jan, 2008

Really I was watching the Kolangal with our family very interstingly. But nowadays all pakka Budura and mad. In this case, all peoples will stop watching the KOlangal and protest. Tolkappiyan is part is pakka rubber in rubber in rubber in rubber rubber. Please stop this unwanted show of Rameswaram and all.

• Ke
      23rd of Mar, 2008

I disagree because i watched this serial. In india they are people like this. So you can say like this. Anyways.

11th of Apr, 2008

I have never seen such a worst serial in my life. There are no logic in lot of scenes.

1. Abhi always has big clash with adhi instead of doing any other work. Then how did she get money to buy house, running business?

2. Mr. Thiruselvam don't cheat the ppl. Because as a worker we all know the effort need to earn money. But abhi earned some crores with in few days. How is it boss?

3. Tholar character creates more assault to injury woes.

4. I like only one character in this serial Adhi... Adhi really looks like good professional business man look.

Apart from adhi all characters are totally waste, just for to show the mass...

Please stop telecasting the serial...

21st of Apr, 2008

You guys should know one thing. This is the life situation.Anything may happen at any time. I love the Director Thiruchilvam's brain giving to the socity. I love this drama. The family member's thinkings are different what we think nowadays. Mr.Thiruchilvam is a very good charactor in this drama. I think that he will be a very famous in the near future. I love Miss. Abi's acting. Above all all are acting very good. I don't understand why those people who sent the comments complaining the tv serials. They are stupid. They don't know how to appreciate that. Please don't misunderstand me. Appriciate that tv serials so that they could let us know the good message. All are working very hard. Some people like to watch the drama, but they give the comments in a different way.But anyway, I am watching the tv serials for a long time.It is very wonderful.I appriciate that. I like Athie's acting. Wonderful. He will be a very good actor in the near futue. I want mr. Thiruchilvam to reply to my e-mail if he could. Thanks for all the actors and the acteesses. Good luck.
    yours kindly
    Mariathas Solomon
    mariathassan@comcast.net

23rd of Apr, 2008

Hai my dear friends,

I like your drama.because, your story is really excellent.
    I like mrs: abi character. her action is great.

Thank you for your telecasting.

By,

Anand [anand_4869@yahoo.co.in]

• Rk
      12th of Jun, 2008

This is the worst of all serials. According to Thiruchelvam' story, nobody will come up in life. When ever a new girl comes in to this serial, he will try to make her as his jodi, then fight with her, then make that girl as a Villi. Abi, on the other side, keeps on struggling in her life, she never shines in her life according to this serial. If somebody falls sick, and gets admitted in hospital, she will be longing for money for the surgery. But if it comes to her business, their transaction will be in crores. Adhi will keep on doing all kinds of murders. But he never gets caught by the Police. And these serials depict Cops in a very bad way. I strongly feel this serial must be stopped in an abrupt manner. Why does SUN network allow such kinds of serials to run for so many number of years?

• Re
      12th of Jun, 2008

Please stop the Kolangal Serial in sun tv. It is a waste of time.some other pgm can be telecasted at that time. Please give response to audience report.

• De
      7th of Jul, 2008

Dear friends,
    Don't get nervous.You should calm down.Dramas are a live situation.It may happen or it may not happen.Everybody is thinking in their own ways.Some say that there is no logic?Logic may differ to each other.No complains.Comments are welcome, but accusations regarding to this tv series are a lot.That means it gives us something.I like this tv drama.There are something, abnormal but it is ok.I thank to the people who are giving their time and efforts.Wish you good luck to the Kolangal tv drama actor and actoresses.Keep on acting.Study the comments, but don''t get upset.Good luck again.
    Densing mariathas.