Mega Moving and Storage / Items lost/overcharged

5528 S. Glenn Acres Terrace
October, 2008 I contracted with Mega Moving to move my things from West Palm Beach to Homosassa and the charge would be $80 per hour for 3 men and 1 truck. While loading my things they dropped many of my boxes resulting in things being broken. After everything was loaded they then demanded payment and said they would not move the truck or give me my things back until I paid. I refused to give them full payment but did have to give them $500 so they would take my things to new address. They were supposed to move everything the same day but they kept my things overnight without my permission and did not arrive at new home until the next afternoon. They came with only 2 men, although they charged me for 3, and would not unload until I paid. They also charged me for packing materials not used but I felt I had no recourse but to pay them so I could get my belongings. I have written, called and faxed my concerns to them and requested the over payment returned, to no avail. Many of my items are missing and I must assume they were stolen while being held hostage overnight. This company is dishonest and I do not recommend them to anyone.

A  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
May 29, 2009

I used mega movers to pick up my household items from storage in Massachusetts and deliver them to my new home in Florida. Although every major piece of furniture touched by this company arrived in poor condition, I am specifically seeking compensation for the items most severely damaged. Those items are outlined at the end of this letter.
Disappointment doesn't begin to explain how I feel about my experience working with this company. Issues began early on in our transaction. Once my things were picked up I had to contact the Mega Moving office multiple times asking where my items were and when they would be delivered to my home in Florida. That deadline would come and go without delivery. Also, the people working in their office would repeatedly lie about their names when I would call because they did not want to address my issues. Finally, the movers arrived to drop off my items and half of the delivery ended up in Georgia, including the bed I was supposed to sleep in that night! So, the movers delivered what they had, which was in poor condition (i.e. table scratched and missing hardware, dirty and ripped cushions etc). I was told the rest of my items would be retrieved from Georgia and delivered to me in 5-7 days. This was another deadline that came and went without any contact from the company. I had to call again and chase my delivery.
More than two and a half weeks later the remaining items arrived. My cherry bureau was partially crushed and splintered. My memory foam mattress was torn, dirty and looked like it has been sitting outside for weeks and the box springs were water damaged. Everything smelled of mildew and filth. Moreover, the hardware was totally missing so even if I had been brave enough to sleep on that dirty mattress, I couldn't because the frame couldn't be put together. These items were purchased new in 2007 and put into storage shortly after, meaning they were in impeccable condition prior to the move. Again, this delivery was made after-hours so I couldn't even voice my concerns to the company until the next day.
I consider the mattress, two twin box springs, sleigh bed frame and bureau to be a total loss and would like a full reimbursement of the fair cost of replacing these items. Additionally, I would like the cost of my move to be reimbursed, as not a single article arrived from the move without some sort of damage. Moreover, I have spent countless hours on the phone chasing answers from this company and continue to spend time now trying to rectify the damages. I certainly did not expect a professional moving company to deliver a move in this condition, nor to provide such poor customer service along the way. I kept up my part of the agreement and I expect the same from Mega Moving and Storage.

Summary of Losses and Replacement Cost:
King size solid cherry sleigh bed: $900.00
Two (2) Twin size box springs: $100.00
King size Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress: $1, 500.00
Solid cherry chest of drawers (bureau): $400.00

Cost of move from Massachusetts to Florida: $2, 000.00

Total Amount Sought in Settlement: $4, 900.00
A  19th of Jun, 2009 by
I wish you luck in recovering the damages. Though I have to admit I'm not too optimistic about that happening. This "professional company" has been doing this scam longer than their existence suggests. Same players, same game, new name. All I can say is document everything. If you talk to them on the phone, record the call. Otherwise, don't talk to them on the phone. Demand everything in writing (email, fax). And demand details -- full names, titles, contact info, times, dates, etc.
N  24th of Jun, 2009 by

Mega Moving and Storage - Unauthorized charges
Mega Moving And Storage

Another victim and the company lives on. This is unbelievable. Who would believe that a moving company could scam so many people and continue to do business in this country. They gave us a binding estimate of $1300, committed to deliver in 5 to 7 days, and were the nicest people on the phone prior to deal. Their movers came at the last moment, said it would charge at least 3 times as much, we left most of our stuff behind. It's been 25 days and they haven't even shipped the stuff. We've been calling them every day. There is no sign of our stuff moving.
N  15th of Jul, 2009 by

Mega Moving and Storage - WOSRT MOVERS EVER
Mega moving and storage

This company should come with a toxic warning.
We waited SEVEN WEEKS for our furniture to be moved only a few hundred miles.
The worst customer service ever, leave you on hold for 45 minutes EVERY SINGLE time you call, Can never answer your questions.
They charged almost double what their original quote was. They charged a fewhundred dollars extra to literally put cushions in cardboard boxes.
N  13th of Aug, 2009 by

Mega Moving and Storage - Fraud
Mega Moving and Storage

They promise a delivery date with no intention of delivering on such a date. They threaten to sell your goods if you do not conform to their date of delivery, which may be two months later. They fail to deliver all the goods and have no knowledge where the rest is. They fail to set up furniture once delivered and leave some furniture outside.
N  13th of Oct, 2009 by

Mega Moving and Storage - items missing , boxes opened money ect
mega moving

We to were dooped by mega moving, i'd like to know what other people are doing about this. they should not be allowed to take our items i'm so disgusted.
N  30th of Dec, 2009 by

Mega Moving and Storage - Claims
Mega Moving and Storage

Don't bother claiming lost or damaged goods with this moving company, since my claim simply expired when Mega changed their claims company from one to another. I received no call, no email, nothing. There goes my claim on a broken futon that Mega had admitted breaking. Stay away from this company!
N  7th of Dec, 2010 by
This company is a complete scam operation. DON'T USE THEM!! They should be put out of business.