Mega Movers and Storage / Never picked up goods

Mega Movers and Storage
Phone: 866-992-9956 or 305-249-4098
On Sunday, December 21, 2008, I went to the store after calling Mega Movers to find out when they were going to pick up my goods. I had returned home around 12:30pm. I had waited for Mega Movers until 8:30p.m. Sunday night. I called the customer service number to find out what happened, and I had got their answering machine. I had left a message informing them that I had been waiting for someone to come and pick up my goods, and no one showed up or called. I had asked if someone would return my phone call. A driver called me that night at 9:15pm to inform me that their truck broke down, and that he is not sure when it was going to be running again. He informed me that the truck was still at the shop, and it would be Monday when he would be able to tell me when someone was going to pick up my goods.
On Monday, December 22, 2008 at 12:03 pm, I had called Mega Movers to find out what happened the night before, and why no one would call to say that the truck broke down. When Mega Movers found out it was me, they put a manager on the phone. I informed him that I never received a confirmation call, waited all day for my goods to be picked up, no one showed up or called. First, he tried to say that the driver tried calling me, but he couldn’t get through. I told him that I was at home all day, except for that hour I went to the store, and I have no missed call from no one. I only had a cell phone, so there was no way the driver couldn’t get through. He then told me that he would find out what happened, and someone would give me a call in a few minutes. I did not get a call back from Mega Movers until Monday night at 9:13pm, informing me that they will pick up my goods the morning of Tuesday, December 23, 2008. I informed him that I can’t afford to be taking another day of leave, so it needs to be after 3pm. He told me that they will come between 6pm – 8pm. I told him that that would be fine.
On Tuesday, December 23, 2008, I made it home from work around 4pm. I had waited again, until 8:30pm for Mega Movers to arrive. Once again, no one showed up or called to say that they were not going to show up. I called twice that night. During the second call, I had left an angry message on their answering machine, and demanded that someone give me a call with an explanation on how they run a business. This gave me less than a week to hire another mover company, which was putting me in a situation where I was going to have to pay more and get lousy service, which is what happened. This was also putting me in a situation where I could not go and visit my family and friends for the Christmas holiday, and had me spending the holidays alone. I had spent all day on the phone, Christmas Eve, trying to find a moving company that would be able to pick up my goods before December 29, 2008, and deliver my goods no later than December 31, 2008.
On Wednesday, December 24, 2008, Mega Movers did not call me, so I called them to tell them that I was going to file a BBB and an AMSA complaint against them for not obliging by the contract that we had with one another. I spoke with Erika, who tried to tell me that all I had to do was call them and everything was going to be taken care of. I informed her that I did try calling her on several occasions, and left two messages on the answering machine. She then said that no one told her what was going on, and that she is just now finding out about the situation. She also told me they would have a truck in my area in about an hour or hour and a half, and that they could pick up my goods then. I told her that they have said that they would pick up my goods on two occasions and never showed up, and that I will be very upset if I was to take leave to wait for them and they wouldn’t show. I also told her that I could not take any more chances with them, and would be finding another company.

A  8th of Apr, 2009 by
My daughter signed a contract with Mega movers to transport her entire house from florida to louisiana for a price of $2200. The truck was 4 hours late arriving and there was other people's belongings in the truck just scattered around. The truck crew repacked the truck only to decide that they would have to put the other stuff into storage to have room for her goods. 1 hour and 30 minutes later the came back. with a empty truck. They proceeded to move furniture out into tht driveway and let it sit there for 4 hours in the hot sun. 4 hours after they came back with the empty truck they put the first box in. They were loading until almost 11pm. only to find out that the truck was not big enough to accomodate her belongings. The foreman then proceeded to inform her that the estimate was to low for the amount of goods packed. The price then when up to $ 4300. We still had to rent a trailer to move the goods that the truck could not handle, another added expense. She was then told that her goods would be delivered on the following tuesday. On monday she called to confirm the delivery only to be told that it would be saturday. On friday she called to again confirm delivery only to be told it wiuld not be until tuesday and that if the truck could not fit in her neiborhood that the would be a charge to transfer it to a smaller truck. The driver finally called with a time of 3pm but did not arrive till 4pm. The driver wanted the balance up front before he would unload the truck. The price for the balance that he had was not what the company had told us, another delay trying to sort it out. Finally he unloaded the truck only to find that every piece of furniture was damaged. The washer and dryer looked like it had been dragged behind the truck instead of in it. Just about every box was smashed or opened. Her things were on the floor of the truck. We are still in the process of unpacking to determine the extent of all damages.
This is one screwed-up company. They don't have the slightest idea of customer service or respect. They will not return phone calls or e-mails, they are rude and disrespectful. All they do is pass the buck to someone else within the company. They lied to us when asked for the owners name and contact information and were told they were out of the country and gave us a fictious name.
We warn everyone against using this company for their moving needs. Spend the extra money and use a more reputable company.