mega city loans / scam

1 Chicago, IL, US Review updated:
Phone: 18772600755

this company contacted me saying i was approved for a 10000 dollar loan. I had applied for several as im trying to build my credit.They said they needed six payments in advance as a security deposit total of 1473.63 I wasnt surprised due to my lack of credit a deposit didn't seem bad. I was told they had everthing they needed and the money would be in my account in 2-6 hours after they received the money western union. Needless to say i didn't receive anything and now they won.t answer the phone and the address on their website is not where they are located its actually the home office of paylees shoes and starbucks. They are ripping people off and i have lost 1473.63 to them please do not fall for these pay up front scams.

Comments

• Me
      Aug 20, 2009

this company is no good

• Av
      Aug 21, 2009

this company contacted me too 2days ago, and its the same no., [protected]) they told me that they approved me for $10, 000, and their asking a deposit 1473.63. and they want me to send it through western union, but i have a doubt that this is a scam, so i call the BBB, and ask them about this lending company, (mega city loans) and they told me that they cant find this lending company on their list. so beware, call the BBB first.

• 41
      Aug 30, 2009

can someone answeer me weather this mega city loans is a good company or not they have said I was approved for a 75000.00 loan Im confused I dont know what to beleive Ive heard good and bad things plz help me company phone no. is [protected]

• Ho
      Aug 30, 2009

NO GOOD! Almost went there! Thanks to other comments, saved myself heartache! I googled it and saw the payless building! Hope it gets out!

• Ky
      Aug 31, 2009

thank god you all saved my life on this one i was just about to send the money we are still having hard times but thanks to you all it well be okay

• Rp
      Sep 10, 2009
    mega city loans - loan
    Richard Picazo
    1203 Chaparral Ct.
    Imperial
    California
    Phone: [protected]

I applied for a loan for the amount $32, 000.00. They said I was approved and needed me to send about $9, 500.00 in front to pay for all the fees. After everything was paid they turn around and told me my loan was denied and got real nasty when I ask for my money back. That my life saving and I needed it back asap for me to survive. All of suddenly the phone doens't work anymore but they are on the intnet still. Phone number [protected]. Please help I feel I got robbed. They say out of Chicago, Ill. website is megacityloans.net. Help me please.

• Su
      Sep 10, 2009

This story is fake. No one is stupid enough to send $9, 500 to a stranger, let alone sending $9, 500 to get a $32, 000 loan. That's like 1/3 of the amount JUST in fees. Fake

• Mt
      Sep 13, 2009

i sent this company 1436.00 to secure my first "6 months" payments due to lack of credit history very shortly after i was contact by the "lender" stating that there was a mistake made and i would need to secure one entire years worth of payments. like a fool i sent an additional 1436.00 with the assurance that i would get approved for a 15000.00 which would be wired to my account within hours.i waited for hours and no funds were disbursed i contacted mega city once again and they then stated that i would need to send an additonal 2900.00 to purchase the insurance. i refused and requested that i receive a full refund. they stated that it would take 30 days to return the funds. i asked to speak with a manager the guy put the phone down and picked it back up and acted like someone else. i was very disturbed and worried. the only number i have is the [protected] and the number is now disconnected. they claim their physical address is 444 n michigan ave in chicago il, i drove to chicago to the location and there was no such company. i have been scammed out every dime i have. there is no way for me to contact this company. please if anyone has an updated number please post it.