meetville.com / unethical company

United States Review updated:

Would you believe this pathetic little company lists dead people as members? While doing a search for someone I know who passed away months ago, I came across her name on this site. Unbelievable! They are so disrespectful! I am very angry!

I also came across my name -- I never registered with this site. They must steal names or use hijacked names to puff up their list of members. As I said, pathetic.

• kushsunny2916's Response, May 15, 2018

i want my money back.. its [censored] ridiculous..never ever subscribe to meetville..automatically they deduct 4800 rs for 6 months subscription and the app isnt even opening now

Li
Sep 23, 2013

Comments

• Mo
      10th of Oct, 2013

I have had the same experience. A false profile was created using my email - or someone created a profile using my email by mistake. Either way, it is either INSANELY LAZY PROGRAMMING and / or a self-serving "mistake" that fluffs their numbers - and they require one to LOG IN to an illegitimate account in order to deactivate it. I refuse to do this on principle. I am getting 100s of unsolicited and (technically) harassing emails a day. Instead, I am sending multiple emails to [protected]@meetville.com and messaging them at the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Meetville and calling them at their number: (415) 513-0235, to demand that they delete my email from their records and from any profile through their service. It's their mistake - they need to fix it.

23rd of Oct, 2013

Personally I have no complaint about the service itself, I love it. it's really nice, but they could have added some other services to get to know the person better, like Q&A or something

23rd of Oct, 2013

Love everything about it, it has nice UI and lots of people. it's great that I receive my daily matches to choose any person I like most but sometimes I get the same person twice or even three times per month. but for this little nuisance I'm totally satisfied with the site.

9th of Nov, 2013

My spouse found my name on their site and woke me in the middle of the nite to fight about it, I NEVER SIGNED UP OR AGREED TO LET THEM USE MY NAME!!! This is on the verge of causing irreparable damage to my marriage- I mean, what do you say to your spouse? The same answers can be used if I did do it and I now have to defend my reputation! Who do these people think they are?? I may need to seek legal action just to get my reputation back.

• Cl
      10th of Nov, 2013

I am having the same problem. I googled my name, which is so unique that I believe I am the only person in the world with my name and discovered that it is on Meetville. I have never joined a dating site and feel really upset as I am looking for a job which will only make my prospects harder. Not sure what to do as I don't want to join them to then unsubscribe. I also feel like taking legal action.

• Up
      17th of Nov, 2013

They do not have a working unsubscribe bottom on meetville I never wanted them to send me emails or put me on ther email list, how do I stop them?

• Up
      17th of Nov, 2013

What agency can you contact for spam ...
    Meetville is a huge spam company .

• Ka
      5th of Dec, 2013
    Best Best Advice

it's funny how you people think that some name is unique and how your or your friend's name can be the only one on the planet! hasn't it ever crossed your mind that there might be some another Aiden Lewis for example rather than you or anyone you know in person! >_<

• Gr
      6th of Dec, 2013

I don't know what the problem you have with unsubscribing. I got a bit annoyed once too and easily unsubscribed from some of the e-mails. it worked. yeah, later on i got some reminders and alike, but they were rare, just like from all other services in the web.

• Bu
      9th of Dec, 2013

their support works fine. I once found a familiar name too, and required it to be deleted. it was done withing a day. problems?
    though I agree with Kathleen, this name might be just a coincidence, but I didn't want to take risks .

• Yo
      10th of Dec, 2013

didn't have any of the mentioned problems. well, may be I just didn't find any familiar names on the site. I just don't care about it. I know too many names to search them. it's a waste of time.

11th of Dec, 2013

nothing of the kind. some of my friends and i are registered with the site and none of us ever had these problems with unsubscribing or spam. there was no spam. what did we do wrong? or it's better say what you did wrong...

• Sh
      12th of Dec, 2013

I disagree. just like Kathleen I think it's crazy to assume that your name is unique. plus it's unjust of you to call anyone pathetic if you don't have a 100% evidence that they meant your friend indeed. who's disrespectful now?

13th of Dec, 2013

this site works fine for me, 've been using it for long already. am I special? don't think so. I just find no fouls with it. if you don't know how to unsubscribe what is it to their fault?

13th of Dec, 2013

I searched my name on google and to my surprise I shockingly found it attached with meetville dating site which I never registered for.I'm still wondering how it got there but any how, pls can some1 kindly send me directives on how to delete my name from thar site

• Ki
      16th of Dec, 2013

there's one way to avoid all this - stop showing your name and e-mail on the internet! no wonder it appears here and there if you recklessly give in all out everywhere. there are tons on safety tips on how to behave in the www. there are lots of scammers you know and your name may have been used by someone to register on the site. it's not the site's fault. my name has been violated once too, not on meetville, elsewhere. so I stopped publishing it.

17th of Dec, 2013

I've dealt with their support and they were very helpful. Why you didn't turn to them instead of pouring all that crap?

• Pa
      18th of Dec, 2013

take care of your names and emails. they can be easily violated and used by others to register on sites. though this site does everything to prevent it. personally my email was never violated and spammed by it.

30th of Dec, 2013

I think meetville is pathetic! They just put my name there and I never registered for this! I want to delete it!

17th of Feb, 2014

Worst site ever they just steel images from google and create fake profiles with that pic...please copy any pic and search with google image search by uploading image file I am sure you will find that pic origin

17th of Feb, 2014

if you checkout any profile im sure you will get winked by that person fake fake fake...i lost 60$

22nd of Sep, 2014

BE AWARE!!! This site is a scam, most fake woman profiles, bots, everithing is unreal there make fake names or use hijacked names or make up names to make it seem as if hundreds of people are members of the site when they actually are not. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY IN MEETVILLE.

• Vi

15th of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - Stolen photo images
    Wilmington
    California

I had a friend contact me and say he saw my profile on meetville but I've never signed up or had an account! I made a small one to look and found pictures of myself my name and my age on here!! Please take it down! The photos were STOLEN from my Facebook account! THIS IS THEFT! PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH YOUR DECISION [protected]@gmail.com

• Mh
    Meetville - Unable to login once after logout
    India

I was a paid customer but I can't able to reset my password no mail is received to me in my inbox and spam list please fix me as soon as possible I paid u 2500 bucks last night only...

• Na
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - Your app is using my pictures without my permission..
    Dehradun
    Meetville.com

hi this is regarding my reputation how can you use my face for your ad commercial which has gone viral every social sites as all my family and friends saw that ad which is really shameful for me... i didn't give you any rights to use my pictures for your advertisement please respond asap

• Ne
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - money deducted even after deactivated the account
    Delhi
    India

I had a paid account on meetville but after some days i deactivated my account and removed app from my phone. Next month money automatically deducted from my bank even after deactivation of my account. I need my money back. This is ridiculous.
    My Email Id : [protected]@gmail.com

• Su
    Meetville - subscription not done
    meetville.com

I have paid a sum total of 4899 as a subscription on meetville but it haven't activated yet. I have all the necessary information and billing and invoice from iTunes as an evidence. Kindly return my money back or activate my subscription immediately

• Vi
    Meetville - money of 2499 rs has been deducted from my account
    Bangalore
    India

Still I am not able to chat with any one. Please help me this issue

20th of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - redeemed my subscription early
    Butte
    Montana

Hi my name is Matthew sheffler and my payment was supposed to be on the 22 instead it was taken out of my account today i canceled my account and I need a refund of my money please contact me at [protected]@live.com I need this issue resolved I'm negative in my bank

• Ru
    Meetville - Cancel Membership
    Kalyan
    India

Hii...i install the app and get membership bymistake ...then i uninstall your app but 4889 rupees debited from my bank account
    Soo i want cancel my membership please cancel myy membership and refund myy money please i request you

• Ku
    Meetville - I cant even open meetville after paying f0r 6 months subscription
    jaipur
    India

I subscribed for meetville today for 6 months at price of 4800 rs..now, i cant open the app at once..It looks like money is taken and you guys dnt even give a damn..i have subscribed for dating site

• Ne
    Meetville - amount charged wrongly
    delhi
    India

I had a paid account in meetville i deactivated that account and removed app from my phone but amount for next month deducted from my credit card. Why amount was charged if i deactivated my account and removed the app. This is ridiculous. I need my money back.

Account id : [protected]@gmail.com

• To
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - i'm still getting charged for a account that I deleted

I'm still getting charged for an account I deleted please delete my account and stop charging me
    It's [protected]@ aol.com and refund my money

• Se
    Meetville - Meetville app
    United Kingdom

I purchased your 6 month subscription and received nothing????????

• Ta
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - service it is wrong
    Surat
    India

Chaiting karne ke liye pahle subcrib karna padta ek din ke liye to trayl hona chahiye nhi to pahle payment pay karo tab ussge karo it is wrong

• Ad
    Meetville - Deduction of money from my account without confirmation
    NEW DELHI
    India

My money has been deducted automatically.please refund my money.

• Hu
    Meetville - can’t buy subscription
    Mocksville
    North Carolina

I downloaded the app today and tried to buy a 1 month subscription to try out the app. But my card was declined. My card information is correct and I have the money to pay. The same card worked on other sites. So I double checked the info and tried the 3 month and it was also declined

• La
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Meetville - unauthorized cutting of money

Hello I took a subscription one month back of 2500 and m getting msgs now that ur company keep deducting sometimes 3000 sometimes 300 without my permission

Meetville - refund amount
    New Delhi

Hey

I have deactivate my meetville account - saurabhdas.[protected]@gmail.com on 3th May 2018 but amount of Rs.2650 was deducted from my account on 4th May 2018 without my confirmation.
    I would like you to refund the same amount as soon as possible.

Saurabh Das