Meetoverdrinks.com / Dating service scam

1 US Review updated:

I was sold an exclusive upscale personal dating service by this company. They asked for $3500.00 for this exclusive service. Being a single Mom and working 13+ hours a day, I wanted their help. I paid the $3500.00 and the nightmare began. After 1 month they never called me back. I was promised in writing a settlement of $1750. They have now changed the name of their busimess to Meet over Drinks.com but have the same addresses and phone numbers and employees. The employee that sent the settlement agreement was working for Meet Over Drinks. This is a scam. Although I felt I deserved a full refund I accepted their settlement agreement. I now get a letter from Meet Over Drinks.com that I will not get my refund. I am a struggling single parent and geel that I was scammed. I feel they played on my emotions and are out there hurting innocent people. Help.

Fr

Comments

Oct 07, 2009

Look at this ad they are placing for a "Sales person/Matchmaker" - it is clear that you don't have to have ANY experience to be a matchmaker for them - just good at sales:

Meet Over Drinks Matchmaking, with 10 locations throughout New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Connecticut, is seeking a STRONG SALES PERSON/MATCHMAKER for their PHILADELPHIA office location.

Rapid growth in our service requires top closers with an energetic outgoing personality. If you have what it takes to be the area's best matchmaker, we should talk. If you have experience in health clubs, diet centers or media sales, you may be the perfect fit. Other great fits include professionals with a psychology background, promotions experience or experienced recruiters.

If you have the desire to create dynamic relationships while growing a truly rewarding income in a service oriented business, then this opportunity is for you. We have ten great locations and continue to grow with new locations opening every year.

If you feel you are a great fit for this position, please respond by email to this ad or fax your resume to [protected], subject header: PA Matchmaker.

We look forward to hearing from you and hope you will visit us at www.MeetOverDrinks.com to find out more about our great services.