Medvance / a rip off!

1 Cookvile, TN, United States Review updated:

what a mess! The Director of Education and the campus director both had their kids in RT school with me. When the ed directors daughter showed up you'd better kowtow to her majesty(when she showed up).
Grades were rigged(FOR THE KIDS BUDDIES), I was charged back several thousand dollars because the financial aid people were not competent. Cheating was rampant, you got the answers if you were buddies
with the kids. after 18 months (three fourths of the assoc. degree course I was expelled..no warning no reason..except I had put in writing my complaints about the rigging for the bosses kids. I'd heard bad things ahead of time but, my ..my..my..never in my wildest dreams did I believe they could all be true... twenty grand down the hole.Don't even think about going to medvance!

Comments

• Sh
      1st of Aug, 2008

I actually found out that the JRCERT suspended the Medvance in Houstan, TX. Wow.

• Si
      26th of Mar, 2009

Medvance costs a fortune and you get ripped off. They don't help you find a job and then hold your diploma hostage until you pay them more money. Don't go there. Go to a public education institution. You may have to go a little longer and take a few more courses but when you're done, you're done and you can take your test and be licensed. Plus it costs so much less. Medvance holds your test results and won't allow you your certification until you pay them more and more. They are crooks...

• Lo
      17th of Aug, 2009

I always find it interesting when someone complains and cannot even spell "Houston." MedVance is very reasonable and doesn't rip anyone off. You will find that you will never graduate and get a diploma at any school if you have a balance when you finish. If you paid your debts, you would not have this issue with them. Everyone wants something for nothing and someone's word (signed documents saying you would pay our bills) doesn't mean much anymore. Sad.

• Ho
      16th of Jun, 2010

You know what I find sad? People who work for a company like yours, as you claim full knowledge in your last line. I don't have to use the spell checker function to prove I can sound high and mighty. I can actually spell. I don't go around making others feel inferior for their mistakes. I do take it personally when people like you try to get on your high horse and make those who have slipped up feel less than. This makes me wonder if that's the same practice you use to teach with and run your business. Judging by your many detailed and repetetive complaints by your consumers I tend to believe them more than the "sugar coated" fluff we hear on tv in your ads or online. You guarantee job placement assistance which is really just a misleading way of saying you will teach them how to fill out a resume. More oftenthan not, the complaints are for you offering courses that like a six month course that could never be used by the employer. They required a two year course. You didn't inform the cusomer until the course was half over? Such a profit and money-minded business. Unfortunately, it's not for the concern of the customers' money. It's all about turnover and that's the number one complaint that employers gave those who had graduated your program. You can't truly learn all the details of a job in a year. So employers would rather you be from any other institute than Medvance. Sad isn't it? By the way, I'm not a former disgruntled "student." I say student loosely to describe the service you give. I was actually researching about the Medical Coding and Billing in Houston. I like to read the consumer opinions as well as see what your status with the BBB is. Which is a B- by the way. I think having so many repetitive issues would cause you to question your practices and such high prices for such disproportionate services. The truly sad thing about you being on your high horse about a single spelling mistake is you just assume that the complainer who mispelled Houston was ignorant. How do you really know beyond a doubt that's the case? You don't. Guess what assuming makes an a$$ out of ? Yourself. Thanks for helping me decide against Medvance. :)

23rd of Oct, 2010

I find MedVance to be an excellent school. I have been treated with respect and consideration for the duration of my stay which is 5 months and counting. I find that the people that complain are the ones who are not responsible for the things that they are held accountable for here. The teachers are really amazing, the kind of teachers that will take the time to help you understand something until you actually do, even if it takes more than one time. There is free tutoring available, which helps considerably. I love that they have a good rapport with some of the top hospitals in our community, and they have held that rapport with sucessful longevity. Employers even come on campus from time to time and interview students and students get job offers sometimes even before they graduate. In the times that we are currently facing, I think MedVance is a ray of light.

16th of Nov, 2010

So far I haven't had any issues with getting "ripped off", but I have had several other issues. Medvance is an expensive school, but from what I've seen for similar programs, for the amount of time you get your diploma, I guess you pay more to get out faster. I have had problems with their poor staff, sorry facilities, and ridiculous policies. I'm in a coding class right now where our teacher yells at us, tells us we're stupid and will never get jobs in coding, all because we have problems with a worksheet. When confronted, our program director (who also treats us like [censor]) says "I love how he talks to you guys because he makes you learn". Our bathrooms are always disgusting. When we have classes that use the computers, the system is down half the time and I have to use my PC at home to complete a classroom lab assignment. The admission reps will tell you anything to get you in the door. For example, my admission rep told us that the externship at the end of the program is paid at minimum wage. I thought that was a little off because most internships do not pay. When I asked, the program director laughed at me and said "no of course it's not paid". They tell you most of the instructors are retired doctors and nurses. I have only two instructors who are nurses, no doctors, and several instructors who have no experience at all in the coding field. I was also lied to and said that "Medvance is very flexible for working people." That is a lie. Not only are they not flexible, but they are making a rule now that even if you work and cannot always get to class on time, you get a zero for the day if you are late. I understand this for the people who just waltz in whenever they feel like, but several people legitimately work because they were lied to and told that this is a "flexible" program. Sorry to be so long winded. Hopefully someone out there considering going to this school will read some of these reviews and proceed with caution.

• Ro
      17th of Mar, 2011

go to www.sarelson.com and read the class action lawsuit against MedVance...

• Vp
      19th of Jul, 2011

I am Vice President of Education at Education Affiliates, which operates the Grand Prairie campus. We value our standing accreditation and placement outreach. Please contact me so I can work with you to try to resolve your situation so you can get back on your chosen career path.

410-513-8037