MedsXtra & Resvera / taking money out of account without authorization

1 MO, United States Review updated:

Offer says "Free Trial Offer" only pay shipping but after 12 days from order you and suddenly your have a charge of $78.95 from MedsXtra and $87.13 from Resvera that you have not authorized.

Turns out that you have stepped into a cycle with this companies and they will deduct from your account monthly.

Don't get scammed. It's hard to get your money back. I had to place a claim with the bank and get a new debit card with new number because the bank says they will come back each month and take it. Turns out the trial is not free but just a scam to get you in their system.

Comments

• Ka
      17th of Jul, 2009

they toke money out of my account i cant even get any preson on the phone they'll call back no call backs at all
    i ordered 1 bottle got three and was charge for all of it does any one have info how to get ahold of these people if do please post

• Cc
      20th of Jul, 2009

On June 29 I ordered 2 bottles from this co. at $41.95 with 1 supposedly free. The debited my act. On July 17 they debited my act. for 87.86 plus $2.95 shipping for stuff I DID NOT order and have not received. I wen t to my bank, filed a claim for unauthorized debit fr. my act. (stealing) and changed my debit card no. You can bet I'm never going to order anything form a co. that asks for debit card info! Aparently I one of hundreds of people falling for this scam. Please POst. Thankyou. CC McKee

• Cd
      28th of Jul, 2009

I had the same experience: Resvestrol Ultra offered a trial for $0.99 then, without my authorization 2 weeks later they charged my account for $87.13. This is stealing. I'm hoping that my bank can stop this. C. Danton

• Tt
      30th of Jul, 2009

I am in the same boat as all of you! I agreed to a free trial for 2.95$ and then called to cancel and was forced to leave a message. Apparently they don't check their voicemail boxes! They never canceled my enrollement and never sent me a product! I was charged 86$ on one occasion and 89.82$ on another, just a few weeks apart! I have called all 3 numbers that I can find for them, sent them numerous e-mails and still have recived no response! My bank is working on disputing the charges but said that the only way to fully stop them is to have my credit card number changed, which I WILL be doing this week! If it helps anyone, the phone numbers I have for them are: 1-888-33-9872, 1-877-785-5508 and the e-mail is cs@rezxtra.com. I hope this helps someone! If any one else has any other numbers that might help! I would really appreciate it! I have also filed a complaint with the Better Bussiness Breau in St. Louis which is apparently where they are based! The website if you would like to do that is: www.stlouisbbb.org. I filed the complaint with RezXtra but I might go back and file one under Medsxtra Inc as well!
    Turner

• Li
      30th of Jul, 2009

Thank you all for these very helpful comments. If anyone has purchased the "free trial" from this company (or any other with similar background) the best thing to do after receiving it is to have your credit card number canceled to prevent any future charges. This may cost you a small fee from your bank/card company ($10 or so) but it is well worth not being charged what appears to be hundreds of dollars month after month.
    I too was duped by this scam and tried to call to cancel only to be directed to a voice mail where I was asked to leave my name and number and "someone" would return my call. I have yet to receive a call back and I don't expect that I ever will. After leaving the voice mail I went right to my computer to see if it was a scam and found these posting.
    Again, thank you for being good "consumers" and reporting this scam.

• K9
      6th of Aug, 2009

Count me in as another gullible person taken in by this company. I agreed to pay $2.95 shipping for a "14-day risk free trial" of RezXtra. Exactly 14 days after I placed my order, I noticed a charge of $86.87 to my Visa (something I did NOT agree to!). Since the company won't return my (numerous) phone calls or answer my emails, I've been forced to cancel my credit card and dispute the charge with Visa since my card was used fraudulently and without my permission.

I've also filed a complaint with the government's internet fraud website (http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx). I suggest everyone who's been burned by this company do the same. Hopefully they'll catch these crooks and make them pay.

• K9
      7th of Aug, 2009

I took the suggestion of tturner and filed a complaint with the St. Louis Better Business Bureau (www.stlouisbbb.org). I hope everyone who's been burned by these ripoff artists will do the same. I'd love to put them out of business.

• Sc
      17th of Aug, 2009

Thank you all for your comments. I am another statistic who was duped, but I called my Visa company immediately I suspected this was too good to be true. I have cancelled my account and so far these frauds have not charged me other than the $2.95 for the initial trial bottle. I will do what everyone else is doing the lodge a complaint with the BBB and the government internet fraud. This is outrageous and there are more of us out there, but just not lucky enough to catch this disgraceful act of scamming in time. t

• Ro
      26th of Aug, 2009

Add another 3 people to the list. When I went back to try to cancel my account I first went to the wrong vendor. I e-mailed a company called ResveraHealthRX with all kinds of accusations and threats only to discover, after receiving an e-mail back from the president of the company and a call from his wife, that I had attacked the wrong company. After receiving that kind of response, I feel like this company is probably more than safe to deal with and their prices are certainly better.

Here is their website. http://www.resverahealthrx.com/

I've been doing some serious detective work this morning and...I learned also after calling a number I found on the "Returns" link at http://www.resveratrolultra.com/offer/resveratrolultralp2/ that you must get a return authorization number to return any product. You must also get that number within your 15-day trial period...which of course begins the minute you place the order, even though they state that they don't ship for 3-5 days. That number is : 1-866-949-0138 and of course I never received an answer. But I did hear enough of the message (which is quite garbled) that you can go to http://www.myordersupport.com and log in - click on look up my account - and enter a couple of lines of info and they'll mail you a password to your e-mail. You can then pull up a history of what they've dinged you for...and you can also click on a button to cancel your account. Of course you get no confirmation that your account has been cancelled. Be sure to print out your transaction record if you plan to click on the cancel you account because you won't be able to get back in again.

Everyone says...cancelling the card is the only way to stop this man from continually hitting you for charges.