MedJourneys / fraudulent claims, dangerous practices

1 Wilmington, NC, United States Review updated:

Do not go to India for medical treatment especially if you are going for plastic surgery. my daughter and I went this year through this company and was certainly given 3rd world treatment in the hospital, no one spoke English, the company's representative never was to be seen, the surgery was botched on my face lift, no pain killers given, I wasn't allowed to see my daughter for almost two days, we were jeered at, and stared down by men, because we were western women without a man escort. The hospital was substandard, met others with horror stories, DON"T do it! Go to Thailand, the hospitals were better, cleaner and no language barrier. If I go again, I would never be talked into that mess again!!

Comments

10th of Dec, 2010

India has an excellent healthcare. However for plastic surgery procedures I would recommend to go to South America. I had several surgeries done in Bolivia ( Tummy tuck, liposuction and facelift surgery) and I am extremely pleased with my experience and with my results. I went through MakeoverTravel -a medical tourism operator-.
    My surgeons did a wonderful job, , making me beautiful! Since my surgery, a dramatic change has occurred. Externally, the facelift is not exaggerated, so everyone immediately asked me if I had gotten a lot of sleep while on vacation-that I looked so refreshed, that my skin glowed. Internally, my confidence has soared. I feel absolutely beautiful. Although I wasn't necessarily unhappy prior to my surgery, I now feel truly happy. I feel that the face in the mirror finally matches.
    Concerning the cost of my surgery, , , , the prices were as stated on their website.. very inexpensive.
    To finish my story I would tell that my total experience exceeded my expectations. I was catered to and pampered much like a celebrity ;-) . From the moment I was greeted at the airport until the time I was dropped off to depart, I was treated like royalty.. It was great. My personal assistant Lorena was a very dedicated and nice person., , she made sure that everything went smoothly. The people of Bolivia were very accommodating and I plan to return there in the near future but this time for vacations.