Medium Classic Chanel handbag / Creases found in new bag

1 France

My name is Penny Chan. On May 18, 2013, I purchased two Chanel handbags in Printemps Chanel Shop. One of the Chanel handbags that I purchased is a black sheepskin Classic Medium with Golden chain. After the transaction, the Chanel salesclerk packed the handbags without my checking. I leave for Hong Kong on May 21 2013. There has been unpacked my Chanel handbags until I brought it to Hong Kong Chanel shop for exchange of other handbag. I checked and confirmed with Hong Kong Chanel shop that they would provide exchange service for customer within 14 days.

On May 25 2013, I brought receipt and the Chanel handbag with me to Hong Kong shopping mall Elements for exchange service. However, after the salesclerk in Chanel shop checked on my bag, she said to me there is an obvious crease, and because of this crease, they are not able to provide the exchange service for me.

Chanel is an international brand, and it is well known that Chanel provide excellent quality products. However, this is a brand new handbag that I just bought not long ago, but I found out the obvious crease on the bag. I seriously doubt the product quality from Chanel. It is not only damaging my consumer rights, and the obvious crease is also damaging the value of the handbag.

If I got the opportunity to check the handbag, then it will be my own responsibility. However, I did not get the chance to have checking, and so, I deeply believe this is the responsibility of Chanel Company. I am not only demanding explanation from Chanel. Also Chanel needs to pursue the matter, and therefore I can replace the handbag with a no problem one.

Medium Classic Chanel handbag