Medicus / Reimbursed funds

1 Vista, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-888-7594

On June 28th, 2008 I ordered the Stack and Tilt DVD set along with the Driver, 5 iron and the 7 iron golf club from Medicus. I ordered on line. While ordering I was looking at the webpage and thought I was paying one price for the items. When I looked at my credit card statement a couple days later, I noticed I was being charged $496.00 for the entire set of everything I ordered. The website was very deceiving. I called Medicus and asked them to stop the shipment, I was told the shipment had already went out and whatever clubs I didnt want, I was just to return them and I would be reimbursed on my credit card. I received the order on July 7th. I returned the clubs on July 8th. I kept the DVD set and was only supposed to be charged for the DVD's i kept. I returned the driver, 5 iron and 7 iron. Medicus received the shipment on July 10th. I received a reimbursement of $53.90 which I was told was for the driver. I was told the driver cost $160.80. I have not yet received the final amount for the driver and it has been over 2 weeks. I am told it will be on my credit card, but has not appeared. They also informed me they did not receive the 5 or 7 iron. I told the company all 3 clubs were sent in the same box I received them in. I would like to be reimbursed fully for all 3 clubs.

More Medicus Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ph
      22nd of Aug, 2008

You seem to be a pretty big loser. You should get a girlfriend. Oh whoops, that's right - you had one and then she found me. Thus - you should get a new girlfriend. You can't force people to love you, you ###. Move on.

• Ro
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Im expericening the same / You have to read every line & word of every offer on the internet / however you have one weapon that makes them tremor it is called a chargeback / call your credit card issuing bank and explain the situation / if they agree with you they will debit Medicus's account and put the money into escrow / and charge Medicus an additional charge back fee until the item is settled / you will probably win / you have nothing to lose by doing this / all credit card charges have a 180 day guarantee by Visa/MasterCard International /

• Sm
      12th of Nov, 2008

WHY COMPLAIN WHEN YOU DIDN'T READ WHAT YOU WAS BUYING? YOU NEED TO BE SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER, WHEN IT SAYS FOR $XX.XX FOR 30 DAYS THAT WHAT MEANS THAT AMOUNT FOR 30 DAYS. THEN YOU PAY FOR IT IN FULL. WHAT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT. ALL THE INFORMATION IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU JUST READ BEFORE YOU BUY IT. IF YOU BUY THEN QUIT COMPLIANING ABOUT IT AND PAY FOR IT.PAY FOR YOUR PLAYING. ACT LIKE THE ADULT THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. HOW IS IT FRAUD, SCAM WHEN IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU DIDN'T READ IT. 30 DAYS MEANS 30 DAYS NOT JUST WHEN EVER YOU WANT TO SCREAM THAT YOU HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR SOMETHING UNFAIRLY. JUST BE AN ADULT AND ADMIT THAT YOU ARE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE. NOTHING IS FREE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU BUY WITHOUT ALL THE STUPID STUFF YOU WANT TO TRY TO PULL TO GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE. WHY SHOULD YOU BE GIVEN ANY MONEY BACK WHEN YOU HAVE A PRODUT THAT YOU BOUGHT AND HAVE IN YOUR HOUSE JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INFORMATION THAT WAS THERE FOR TO READ THAT YOU DID AGREE TO WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT. WHO IS AT FAULT YOU OR WHO YOU BOUGHT IT FROM? DO SOME SIMPLE READING AND MATH THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING AND HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT DON'T BUY IT, IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

• Pa
      28th of Jan, 2009

Medicus is a scam. Please do not purchase any products from the company. I bought a driver a year and a half ago (no issues with that, it was a gift). BUT, I just had a $69 charge posted to my credit card from a Medicus affiliated company for program I explicitly refused to participate in, but still got charged for anyway. Here's a site where a lot of other people have had the exact same thing happen after purchasing Medicus products: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-761-2744

• Pa
      28th of Jan, 2009

Also- the poster SMARTER THAN YOU must work for the company b/c they are on other boards responding to complaints about Medicus.

• Mo
      15th of May, 2009

Wow this guy is dumb. I just ordered something recently off the website and it offered me items like that. I opted to not take advantage of them. Do you honestly think that you will get something for a dollar? Just to let everyone else know that hasnt ordered something online from medicus they offer a product for you to TRY for a dollar. Does the op think he is honestly getting a 7-iron (regular price $120) for a dollar. Highly doubtfull. He just wants free stuff.

• Dl
      8th of Feb, 2011

Beware, they will try to charge your card again in a few years telling you that you never cancelled even though you actually did cancel and actually never signed up the first time.

This company comes back years later and begins charging your card again. We purchased the Medicus Clubs in 2008 and were signed up for the trial membership without knowing it. Because we returned one of the clubs that arrived broken and did not get our refund we called Medicus. Finally, they posted our refund but at the same time we got billed for the membership. We then called to cancel it also.

In November of 2010 they began charging our card again $9.94 /month. We discovered the four months worth of charges in Janurary 2011. Call toll free number (800-216-5763) on our credit card statement which was for a RMC company out of Vista CA. RMC stands for Response Management Company and they do business for Medicus. Again a person named Brian said he would cancel my membership and gave me a cancellation number. I don't trust them so I have put a permanent block on my credit card for all charges from this company.

Based on all the comments on this site, I would think some lawyer would seek membership for a class action against Medicus. The first membership thing is a scam but the charges that occur years later are fraudulent.

• De

Medicus - Unexpected charges
    Medicus
    Alberta
    Canada

My situation is similar to Ogreymaher.
    I bought 3 Medicus golf markers back in June. Two months later, my August Visa statement showing I have a "short game" of $19.95 charged by RMC. I have no idea what was the charge.
    After I called RMC I found that it is a charge about discount on hotel, green fee and video etc..
    They said I agreed to this charge when I purchased the golf markers.
    They even told me there is another monthly fee of $9.95.
    I remember one of Medicus staff called me back in June to verify my shipping address. He also offered me something else which I turned down and did not agree to buy.
    I'm very disappointed on such hard sell strategy.