Medical Office Assistant / Poor Education

1 Wichita, KS, United States Review updated:

I attended Vatterott College in 2004. I didn't complete the course because to me is showed no promise of what they stated would come from attending there. My "professors" were unprofessional to say the least. One quit right in the middle of class while teaching terminology, stating he needed a quick break but never returned. Then another was only concerned with her nails and teeth. Meaning it was more important to go get 5 dollar bills put on her acrylic nails and trying to get her a "grill" then it was to teach us what we needed to know to be successful medical office assistants. One professor was even handicapped but taught the best. There were parts of the course that I feel needed more elaboration, more time spent explaining and actually teaching us what we needed to know. Some parts were slow and drawn out while others went fast and you were like "WTF?!" I have a student loan now that I am responsible for that I don't feel that I should have to pay back. I was told mid-way through the course that once I "completed" I would be able to get a job paying $8.50 an hour. YEA RIGHT!! I had a job at the time paying $9.25! I didn't and don't feel I need to $9, 000 for a course that will only allow me the chance to make $8.00. I was even informed that at the time of "completion" I wouldn't be certified as MOA or in CPR and still needed to take a state exam which I would need to pay for. If anybody has any information or the way to go about suing this "college", and I use that loosely, please email me. As far as I can see I'm not the only one who has experienced a problem with this "college" and its so-called higher education courses.

Fi

Comments

• Pi
      19th of Aug, 2009

Please file a formal complaint with the following agencies that apply to your state: (I have)

Texas Workforce Commission

3515 Amazonas Dr
    Jefferson City, MO 65109-6821
    (573) 751-2361
    www.dhe.mo.gov
    BBB of Metropolitan Houston (Houston, TX)
    1333 W. Loop South, Ste. 1200