Mediamogulme.com / Unauthorized charges

Found This unauthorized transaction on my Paypal account on 12/11/08 in the amount of 29.95. Also found one from iCareer for 1.97 on the same date, only hours apart. I have not used this card for weeks, and only used it the DAY before this charge appeared to order a pizza online from Papajohns.com.

Calling the 800 number did no good, as I got an automated message, and the 800 number for Papajohns.com swears they are 100% secure from anyone getting credit card info via their ordering site. (I'm not new to the internet, nothing is 100% secure, but didn't argue with her.) If you used the pizza website ordering option, check to see if the mediamogulme.com charge appears soon afterwards. Just to coincidental for me.

Now I have to wait for the transaction to clear paypal before I can dispute it, and wait another 5 days for the money to reappear in my bank account!

Bi

More Mediamogulme.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Do
  22nd of Dec, 2008

unauthorized charges on my credit card

Wi
  25th of Dec, 2008

I have never heard of MEDIAMOGULME.COM unitl about 5 minutes ago when I discovered a charge on my account. I have not used this card all week!!! I am not certain how my card number was accessed. I starting to wonder about the internet! Wait, I have not used the card on the internet! I phone 1-800-419-1932. However, it is Christmas and there is not an answer.

Wi
  25th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Thank you very much. I am sorry this has happen to us!

Kj
  27th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Don't blame Papa Johns. I have had the same thing happen also. I first recieved a subscription to Netflix, which they gladly terminated and refunded my money. I immediatly canceled the card used for this transaction. Today I recieved a notice in the mail from my bank stating that they have charged me $29.95 for a subscription to MEDIAMOGULME.COM to the card that I had canceled. I called the bank and have filed a fraud claim with my bank against this charge. I have seen several other complaints similar to these on the internet. The one question I have is what bank or banks are those of us dealing with this members of? I am a member of Bank of America, and have seen at least one other posting from someone who uses BOA. If we are all BOA members, then this seems like a loss of secure information by them and they need to take care of it immediatly. In the meantime, I will also be filing a police report.

28th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have just recently fallen victim as well. I bank with USAA so it isn't realted to BOA or Papa John's. I have recently made a few purchases on the internet., and I'm wondering if our information was captured by some sort of malware/spyware on our PC's/Unsecured network. BE AWARE that I have a lot more unauthorized charges other then just the one mentioned above. I have 12 charges in total that I never authorized. They range in price from $1.95 (GOVAUCTNET.COM) to $56.85 (ZONELABS.COM). They have all hit my account in the last 2 days. The card has since been reported for fraud abuse.

A concern that I have is I recently updated my PC with a new Antispy/Antivirus from www.pctools.com. This happened 2 days before all this has started.

Anyone else with poss same issue?

Jg
  29th of Dec, 2008

These people and websites have to be stopped!

An
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I too was somehow signed up for this scam. Along with Stamps.com and Grant Master. All three on the same day. 12/26/2008. I was so sick the day after Christmas that I never left my bed and I did not use this debit card online but once to order anything but 2 iPods from Apple of the past few months. The scariest part is that they knew so much about me. My personal information etc. I just spent a good 2-3 hours trying to get these 3 scams cleaned up. Now, I am so afraid that there are more!

Js
  29th of Dec, 2008

Don't waste your time trying to call the customer service number. The same problem happened to me. I call the number, but it was Christmas (just like you). I waited until today (the 29th) and I all I got was a run-around. The woman on the phone barely spoke English and was absolutely no help. She kept stalling asking for MORE personal information from me and kept saying she was having problems accessing my account. When I explained that this was a fraudulent charge and I wanted the account deleted and money credited back to my account she said, "Why don't you take advantage of the service since it is already paid for". I nearly flipped! When I threatened to take legal action, she abruptly hung up on me and I haven't been able to get through the toll free number (you have listed) since. Your best bet is to file a complaint on the Federal Trade Commission website and provide them with any and all information you can provide. I already have. Someone needs to stop this people from taking advantage of others.

Kr
  30th of Dec, 2008

ON 12/28/08 THERE WERE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES MADE TO MY DEBIT CARD. SOME ONE ACQUIRED MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER FRAUDULANTLY AND HAS BEEN USING IT TO MAKE ON LINE PURCHASES. IN ADDITION TO THE AMOUNT OF THE FRAUDULANT CHARGE I AM ALSO BEING ASSESSED A FEE FOR USAGE FROM VISA INTERNATIONAL SERVICE.
I FULLY INTEND TO HAVE THIS PERSON OR PERSONS PROCECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. SC LAW INFORCEMENT, MY BANK, MY ATTORNEY AS WELL AS MYSELF ARE INVESTIGATING ALL THE CHARGES MADE ON MY ACCOUNT. IF NECESSARY I WILL FILE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST ALL THESE COMPANIES SUCH AS MEDIAMOGULME.COM, WHO PRACTICE AND CONDONE THIS TYPE OF FEDERAL CRIME.

31st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I just recently purchased a Iphone and have downloaded some songs from Itunes. Does anyone else have that same commonality. I would really like to track down where this breach in security is.

Mi
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me. $29.95 from mediamogulme.com. I also got one from Netflix (who promptly refunded me when I called them), Columbia House (also refunded), etc. I too am trying to track down how they got my CC number, which I only used for secure online ordering. I wonder if I used this CC number on a computer with spyware loaded on it and that is how the CC number was compromised...either that or some credit card processor further up the food chain has been compromised. One thing I noticed in common with these companies is that they all have affliate programs, so for example, if you sign someone up for NetFlix (http://www.netflix.com/Affiliates), you get $9.00 per subscriber. I think the scammers are just after these volume signup commissions. Identifying the affliates associated with this fraud activity will probably lead to the scammers. These companies are probably unwitting victims also, but they have opened the door for these fraudsters with lax oversight of their affliate programs...they are probably not in a rush to close the door on this activity since it must be generating some decent revenue for them. One way to close it down is to report it as fraud...the number of chargebacks they receive will eventually make it a losing business proposition for them and they will be forced to address the issue. I think they count on a certain percentage not noticing the bogus charges and letting it go through which only encourages the practice.

Fi
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

same here. got a call on xmas eve from visa of suspicious charges on my debit card to include mediamogulme, netflix and stamps.com. cancelled my card immeidately. 7 days later the mediamogulme charge showed up for $29.50, the others have not shown up yet. Will have to dispute thru my bank I assume. Don't know how this happened, I am very careful.

Ev
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Mine were Netflix and Blockbuster in November and Stamps.com last week. I didn't cancel at first because of all the hassle of changing the number with all the automatic billers, it's much easier just to get it removed by your bank.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Have any of you bought anything from Geeks.Com or ComputerGeeks.Com before December 5th, 2007??? If so, that might be the reason. The nearest I can figure is that someone used my cc# from that list. I think credit card companies should change their users' numbers as a matter of course every two years or so. Also there wasn't much publicity about this hack...I found out about it from a google search tonight. I got my first hint something was up when I got a package I didn't order from VistaPrint.Com. Then I saw my credit card invoice tonight and HIT THE ROOF. Same pattern of charges from mediamogulme.com.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Oh yeah, link to Geeks.Com hack info: http://consumerist.com/341408/geekscom-website-hacked-customer-data-stolen

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Another potentially connected fraudulent charge: ECORE FUN 00. Two charges of $59.95 each. This freaking sucks.

5th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Hey all figured I would send an update after filling out (AFFIDAVIT OF FRAUD AND FORGERY) all the correct paper work with my bank. My account has now been hit with 21 seperate chanrges from all different sources. This has now come to a total of $336.96. I highly advise anyone that has been hit with the original charge from MediaMogulMe.com to cancel your card number ASAP and report this to your bank.

Ho
  5th of Jan, 2009

This additional charge has happened twice to me. Once in November and again in December even after I cancelled one bank card and got another. Somehow the bank allowed them to bill me and paid it using the cancelled card number. Does anyone know if the address listed for the company, KR Thigpen 420 Douglas Dr Beach Island SC is a good address and if so what is the supposed service they sell.

Za
  6th of Jan, 2009

It looks like MediaMogulMe.com has been making lots of money off of unsuspecting victims like myself & all the others here during the month of December '08. I also found a charge for $29.95 on my bank debit card on 12/22/08. To say that I was somewhat shocked by this is an understatement. I had just gotten this card a few weeks before due to the same crap happening on my old card. I have never heard of this company & have no idea how they got my new card # cuz I have barely used it online. If i did use it, it was only on secure sites. I did call MMM's phone # and got a woman who was courteous but she asked for alot of personal info like my address, phone # & email address in order to look up my supposed account. I told her that I never signed up for them but she claimed that I did over a year ago. I went back & checked my records & there was nothing to show that I had. So they're either lying or confusing me w/someone else. I 'd say it's more likely the former. Anyway, I told her that I never signed up & to cancel the membership. Incredibly, she tried to talk me into keeping it & went on a 3 min rant about all the benefits of being a member. I told her no again & she said ok. It's been 10 days & I have yet to see a refund on my account. You can bet i'll be watching this like a hawk until it does show up. If not, I guess i'll have to cancel my card again. Really a sad state of affairs.

Na
  6th of Jan, 2009

I had charges from columbia house and pomclear in Nov. I cancelled the card immediately when I saw the charges. I had also used that card a week earlier at papajohns.com like the original poster. I received a new card with a new number. I had only used it one time at my bank's atm before i got charges from mediamogulme a few days later. I immediately cancelled that one too. I also got a letter in the mail from stamps.com thanking me for creating an account with them but no charges, probably because I was quick to cancel the card.