mediagod.net / Company took money for so-called free trial

I registered on the website www.mediagod.net. It was mentioned that they wouldn’t charge my card within 5 days. It was free trial for this period. I signed up, but they immediately charged me for $40. Next month they again took money from me. I tried to reach someone from this company, but no response. I already cancelled my card, but I wanted to warn other people no to register on this scamming website. Share this info. Thanks.

Ly
Apr 12, 2014

More mediagod.net Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Nov, 2014

damn it mediagod!
    I had same bed experience

• Ni
      6th of Mar, 2015

I went to this website, www.mediagod.net just to check if I could find some new music for myself and I saw that they had a 5 day free trial and I registered for that which was on the 17 Oct 2013 and as a busy person since I have my own business I never went back to look for it because I couldn't find what I was looking for, now my accountant was doing my annual accounts and I found out I've been paying for this trial ever since it has gone up to the 06th of March 2015, I've lost a lot of money through this website and what worse I never even used it. After finding out about this I tried emailing them to help explain to me but I never got any respond from them. I have found out that they made the trial to automatically go to being a Premium Membership which you don't have to agree to it, they just go on and take monthly fee on your account. This is a warning to people who may try to use this I don't think it legit, if it is, they are tricking people to signing up and taking their money for absolutely nothing. Just by going to this website once I've lost a whole lot of money for almost 2 years now and I never even visited this website ever since.

• Pe
      18th of Mar, 2015

Mediagod is highly unethical;

My experience was different than above since I did not get any charges. Nonetheless, it was deceptive.

I signed up for a free regular account. There was no mention that is was a trial membership. In fact in the section asking for the credit card information it explicitly said that nothing would be charged and that the only reason they wanted credit card information was to verify country of residence due to content license restrictions.

On the plus side, it was easy to cancel. I used the online form here: http://members.mediagod.net/#support/cancel and received a Cancellation Confirmation immediately. The only charge to my credit card was a $1 pending that is used for verification which is fine and I assume will automatically disappear.