[Resolved] Medi-Zone / False promises

MEDI ZONE [protected] I dealt with Rudi, a representative of MEDI ZONE about three weeks ago. He gave a demonstration on the oxygen spa bath and convinced me how good this product will be for me as I suffer from acid reflux. We discussed that I am studying that I can only afford to start paying in Aug or September 06. He sais that is no problem and I will be getting 3 oils to use in conjunction with my spa treatments. The Monday I had to fax the relevant documentation, he phoned me about three times that day to get the docs, and promised that I will get a free facial massager worth R350.00. The contract has been signed and guess what, the first payment is due 21 June 06 which places me in huge predicament. Rudi has not returned any of my calls or sms's to date. I find this behaviour UNETHICAL, he over promised and undelivered. The owner Wickus cannot get Rudi to vist me to discuss or honor our verbal agreement. A product that cost me R7000 will now cost me R11 000 because this is financed thru ABSA. This is the worst experience I've ever had. I just want to warn others out there about false promises.

• Resolution statement

Medizone customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Fr

Comments

26th of May, 2010

I would also like to express my dissapointment with Medizone. The demonstration went all well, the contract was signed as this machine was going to help with our health situation etc etc... the machine was delivered in boxed packaging, however 3 weeks down the line, the machine packs up. I notified the consultant, she came over to my home, took the machine, waited 2 weeks, the same machine was repaired and return. This is not even a month after I have the "BRAND NEW MACHINE".One week past, the same problem, the machine is switching powers on its own and the air becomes hot. They were notified, fetched the machine and eventhough I now insisted for the 2nd time for a new model, I was told they will see what they can do. I am totally disgusted with their service and commitment to service delivery because the machine is not even 6 months old, and after an email I have send them to actually tell them what I think of their service and that I was going to report them to the consumer board and that the machine is faulty AGAIN, did someone collect the machine at my home without any notice and given my son an email address to send my complaint too. I am still waiting on their response and for a new machine which was paid for almost R8000. I even went as far as giving them contacts to go and demonstrate this product. I have instructed my kids not to accept any machine from these people as they need to wait until I am at home from work. What type of business etiket do they have. The machine is not a R2 item but it cost money which was thought to be an investment for the whole family. What a disgusting lie. These people need to be brought to book with the concept they are selling as its a lie or get jacked up with their service delivery and supply the customer with goods thats in working order, as we did pay for something that is totally not to our advantage. I think they should pay each complainant their monies back and take back the machines as they running a total scam.

• The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

• Me
      27th of Aug, 2010

MediZone South Africa scam comments: Hi Jael, really interested to hear your comments about MediZone being a scam company. I have nothing positive to say about these guys. They don't belong to the Direct Selling Association in South Africa yet they transact the deal in your house and in my case, they contacted me rather than me contacting them to purchase the device. Buyer beware of MediZone!!!

• De
      27th of Sep, 2010

Sometimes there is branches of this company that doesn't do what they say they will, but from my side I have only received good service from the MediZone branches in Alberton and Vereeniging, maybe you should go there and ask if they can help?

• Be
      30th of Nov, 2010

Good morning, I also have a complaint... A month ago they brought the spa bath to me and when I got home and opened it, the mat was broken... I directly phone Michelle (the representative) and told her I don't want it anymore because if you go read on their website, it says it is FREE from defects for the next year... It's been a month and I've been phoning Michelle and Letitia (the boss) to cancel this thing... Just now I got my pay and the money went of DIRECTLY after I said for 1 whole month I DO NOT WANT IT!!! Apparently you have 2 weeks time to cancel the stupid thing and from day 1 I said I don't want it... How is that for service???? And so by the way... It was the Alberton branch...

• Im
      11th of Dec, 2010

good grief, this medizone needs to be taken to task, as the machines are not cheap, and the after service is pathetic.
    I bought a demo machine(healthcare ozone spa bath), for R6000.00 cash the sales person told me that it is good as new. Guess what less than 2 months, the machine did not come on, it was taken, and returned a week later, 1-2 months later same thing happen, sales person took for a week. 10 months later same fault, this time we could not get hold of the sales person, his cell number no longer existed, after many calls backwards and forwards, i eventually got thru to the PMB branch. I stand to be corrected, i think he is from the PMB branch, cos he only left me his cell no. and his first name and promised me the world, when doing the demo. He called me out of the blue, when my husband was released from hospital after 2 weeks for chest pain and high blood pressure.
    Taking advantage of my situation.
    I was given a new number for the sales person(Ravi) vrom the PMB branch. On making contact with him, he arrived 3 weeks later to pick up the machine, 3 weeks later no response from him(in total 6 weeks) I eventually had to call him, no answer, I called the DBN and PBM branch, was promised that they will look into. 2 days after my call, the sales man (ravi), called to notify me that the Motor needs to be replaced due to misuse and it will cost me R800.00. My husband had a triple by pass, thereafter a stroke it was bought for his health. My opinion that Ravi the salesperson sold me an old Demo, which was not serviced and cleaned, when I bought it, he took advantage of our situation and status. My husband is still with out a machine. I am going to consumer watch, I think that every one should do the same, so in the further they do not take advantage of sick, poor people that donot have the resources and energy to fight them.

• Si
      19th of Feb, 2011

I will like to say, the product works, but the bad reputation of poor service . Its a good product that will seriously reduce your medical bills if used correctly. So people dont be fooled, the product will help you and the service is what medi-zone need to fix. Its the product with the service we are after, its as good as the one from Australia, if you ask me. The fact that its Medizone South Africa, Doesn't meant its not good. Please people lets concentrate on a problem, not the product that works.
    Thank You Medizone, you are a life saver... I will tell the whole world if I have a chance like this.

• Be
      20th of Feb, 2011

Let me tell you, after all this (it's been 4 month without me paying for a thing that's broken) someone from Real People actually phoned me and asked why I don't pay. So I told them the whole story and they said that they will look into it... And I'm still waiting... Medizone and Vodacom's services is the poorest in the world!!!

• Ox
      24th of Feb, 2011

hi, im Wikus i actually work for medizone as an oxygen therapist, i agree that the service is not what most people promise but that just means your dealing with the wrong consultants, when i started working with them i met some who are just there to make a quick buck but i PROMISE this there ARE people actually trying their very best to help the sick and prevent further illness, try calling a branch near you or maybe even me..i might be able to help, my number is 083 254 2369. if you cant reach me just send a sms with your name and the product your having trouble with and i will call you back as soon as i can, THANK YOU for those who have invested in their health with medizone

• Pa
      28th of Feb, 2011

October 2010, a sales rep Mr Mkhonto visited us three time- doing demonstration of the above machine - he also infrmed us that if we would like to buy the machine - we can buy it on HP - and pay ~ 489.00 per month - and he also said my first installment will be on the 1 Febraury 2011 - and we completed the forms - which requires account details and i was really thinking that the debit order will run as of February - After a week of signing - the item was delivered - and by the 1st week of January an sms was sent to me saying that i am in arrears with R 1000.00 and i should pay to avoid - and i called the agent - (5 January is the date of the sms ) then the agent put me through to another person who confirmed that they will be able to fix the terms of the account and everything will go back to normal - and the instalment will be back to normal.On the 25 of January 2011 - they then deducted R645.29 - which is way higher than what we agreed upon - then we phoned the agent and he said - i must not worry - they will come back to me - since then - Post delivery - he then said he will come and show us exactly how it gets connected and how it should be used we never seen him since then

• Su
      5th of Sep, 2011

Medizone should be closed down completely - they shouldn't be selling ANY kind of product. I'm sure the only training they get is how to scam people... Don't ever let a medizone consultant into your home - they will force you into a transaction under false pretences and when they have you trapped in their webs and your money installed into their accounts, you don't exist anymore...! How bad must a company be if their own colleagues agree that they are conning people and then don't give a rats' ### about them. How do these people sleep at night??? I am struggling nine months now just to have them call be back after they bullied me into buying "second hand" stuff. SHAME on you medizone - SHAME ON YOU...- and not to mention that you do this to our old people as well. You should be closed down!!! - you do not deserve the right to work with consumers - I lost all my respect for you and your people. The only thing you are full of is EMPLY PROMISES!!! See you in court!!!

• Ni
      13th of Sep, 2011

i struggle now for more than a week but cant get hold of these
    people. nowhere is there a telephone number that you can phone because i was interested in the product that they sold but after i read all these bad things it is safer to play the lotto
    thanks nic

• Ta
      16th of Sep, 2011

i was diagnose with ms and so desperate for a cure for my incurable disease. when a medizone consultant came to my home it was as if there truly was light at the end of the tunnel! sadly the light was not very bright!!! the consultant has never contacted me never again. her phone is off and all that she promised me has not arrived'. shame on you medizone cape town for your disgusting service...you are taking advantage of people desperate for help...SHAME ON YOU

• Oz
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I can agree with a lot of the comments made...
    I work for one of the Medizone branches and while I didn't apply for an admin position, but a sales position, I was seriously not prepared for the tough world of marketing! After our training, I still felt insecure, but with time, I have learnt a lot and I can talk about the products much easier and with confidence. I have no doubt that the products work as I have experienced it first hand for myself and my family with various different ailments. It was difficult getting my family to even try it out, but now I'm the one that's last in the queue to use the products. While the products appear to be expensive, they are a good investment for your health and well being, which over a period of time will recoup the initial cost. As for the SERVICE, it does suck! I actually phoned the Head Office to complain about the branch where I work, only to now realise that the service part is lacking at more than just the branch where I work. There are consultants who would like to help people in need, and not just for the money, but we encounter a lot of rejection with people either being disinterested, sceptical or just simply rude and then of course there's our service reputation that seems to precede us at times. The service is not always due to the consultant not wanting to be helpful or not wanting to go the extra mile to make you, the client, happy, but that our distributor is not always seeing the same picture as we are with our clients. Unfortunately, some days our hands are tied! All I can say is the products are worth every cent, and I hope in time our service can stand up and make us proud. I found the products at a time when I really needed it, which is why I can strongly and vehemently say, "Thanks for an amazing product that has made the health of my family and I so much better!" I hope to add to that statement one day and confidently say that we have the best product and the best service, but as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day!", but I will strive to improve on our service. Please don't be put off - use your products and reap the benefit.

• Mo
      1st of Dec, 2011

I was in training to be one of the consultants for medizone when I phoned around to go and see people I sadly heard about evertthing that is actually going on there one lady told me that when she began there they didn't pay her at all...I quit there and then I just want to tell you that when they train the people they make you believe that the product actually works they only tell you what thy are learning they are just as miss informed as you...please don't say its the consultants because I can say with truth in my heart that they don't really know that they are selling products to you that's faulty you must blame the stupid people training them I am so glad I didn't sell anything to any one!

• Gi
      23rd of Jan, 2012

i have a problem where i was told i am paying R9500 and now im paying nearly 24000... now my hubby has lost his job and cannot pay it any longer and he says he has not felt any different about anything since the use... infact he says it *stinks*... how do return my product and stop paying i asked... got told we cant do that!

• Ca
      13th of Feb, 2012

I got a phone call today for a job interview. After hearing all the comments I am unsure of whether to even bother going

• Sc
      21st of Feb, 2012

I went to medizone for a interview... And I'm scared of what I'm hearing now. Can anyone tell me exactly what they do

13th of Jul, 2012

Receiving a call yesterday for an interview opportunity to join an international medical company claiming to be environmentalists as well as manufacturing health products to assist the ill-fated in getting better - amazing I thought, so off I tootle today for the interview with a lovely well natured man by the name of Dave. I was instantly hooked on the concept as I believe in the bettering of human society and the planet over-all.

The first sign of a hustle taking place was my attention drawn to the fact that the offices looked dilapidated and that he was conducting interviews from their as their "real" offices had just been painted and the fumes were over-powering... HAHAHA!

The chat was informative and believable and I at times found myself in awe of the knowledge this man had. I couldn't help but compliment the man on the amazing marketing strategy and believe me it makes sense and could work if actually applied correctly. I received a call this afternoon saying I was successful for the position and to attend training on Tuesday next week.

WARNING BELLS RINGING I NOW WRITE THIS TO WARN YOU ALL - I cannot judge a company I have never worked for or heard of until today, but to be blunt, the blatant CON taking place to pray on gullible and innocent people to buy the products and/or sell them is a disgrace! Do you really think I am going to ride around in my own vehicle and use my own phone, petrol, resources to hopefully achieve a sale and then to possibly be ripped off in the end.

What I can say is that beside this interview taking place which in itself is a pleasant and positive experience the greater good of God took place. I was in an area I hadn't been in years of which I took full advantage of and managed to finish a few long outstanding uncompleted tasks which brought smiles on my loved ones faces.

The only nice thing to say is THANK YOU for experience, but NO THANK YOU FOR THE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!

Bottom line is: SIS ON YOU!

Proverbs 5 verse 21: "The Lord sees everything you do. Where you go, he is watching."

13th of Jul, 2012

Here I am - A God fearing man. To encounter four times via close relatives, family, friends and a lover all above mentioned situations and complaints etc. And even having found myself caught in the same web and pay for their crafty practices of pulling the wool over sweet, innocent, desperate and amazing people just to keep their names honourable in order to manipulate even more people into handing over their hard earned money and not to fall into the administration of financial burdens of having to having to pay off other peoples bad debt cause from being taken advantage of.

I want to help everyone out there that are facing hard times, this is not the answer. There is no such thing as easy money. There will always be a price to pay - at who's cost???

It is such a pity that that use God's creation of this beautiful planet to sell a machine that cost thousands, that should not cost more than R200, and to add to this there is no after sale service.

If only the costs were so low, it would not take much to recover from parting with the money. However, the sale price in place definitely impacts a person's life and finances of which I do believe some never do recover.

Any sales made, even only one supports the wrong cause - that being, lining the con-artist pockets.

We are a mass of millions of innocent souls. Only one percent of this mass makes one a very rich and cunning scam artist.

I am a fortunate and very blessed man to be given the insight to see further than what I am being told. I pray that others out there will be just as insightful and have the faith to believe in something way more fantastic and real and not in some "cheap" gimmick! There is only one true way - GOD!

6th of Sep, 2012

all you people who complain about medizone are just damn lazy and do not listen to what is being said to you.NONE of the ads read basic salary +comm so the next time you judge kearn how to read and listen first.thats why none of you will get anywhere in life!!!